Author Topic: Problem with prefix Mode  (Read 2471 times)

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Problem with prefix Mode
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »
In the most recent version there is a slight Problem with the Prefix Mode. I can use the Prefix in combination with a command to execute it. But i cant just use the prefix alone to activate listening mode and then hearing the confirmation sound  that voxcom is listening (Star trek Style). I knew it worked with earliers Versions and i hope this possibility has not been removed intentionally. I am now doing stuff like splitting up my Prefix (Voxcommando)  into e.g. (prefix)Vox + (phrase) commando thenn execute the VC.On Command to achieve this functionality. But with this setup i need a higher confidence for the second part  ( commando) but i would like to do it  completely in the prefix.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with prefix Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 03:08:02 AM »
In the most recent version there is a slight Problem with the Prefix Mode. I can use the Prefix in combination with a command to execute it. But i cant just use the prefix alone to activate listening mode and then hearing the confirmation sound  that voxcom is listening (Star trek Style). I knew it worked with earliers Versions and i hope this possibility has not been removed intentionally. I am now doing stuff like splitting up my Prefix (Voxcommando)  into e.g. (prefix)Vox + (phrase) commando thenn execute the VC.On Command to achieve this functionality. But with this setup i need a higher confidence for the second part  ( commando) but i would like to do it  completely in the prefix.
Hi kromm, I do not understand the meaning of this act. Either I turn VC On and then use commands (without prefix), or I use the prefix mode only. You can set in Options a sound for "command executed", and when you tell VC a command with prefix, it play a sound when he understand the command. A other way, you can edit the "listen command phrase" in the group "voxcommands" add the phrase "vox", so that when you say "Vox" (if you have set a sound for VC On in Options, it wil play this) - "play song ..." it turn VC On and hear and executed the command "playsong ..." . Set the idle timeout in options, that VC will return in standby after a few seconds. For all this things you can set in the options menu a sound.

Greetings Kalle
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 06:06:55 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 10:03:51 AM »
Kromm, I don't understand what the problem is.

It is not possible to have a command that is a prefix only.  It never was possible, and I didn't change / remove anything.

Any command that has the first action set to

VC.On

will always be active even when in standby so you don't require a prefix for it, as long as the group it is in has not been disabled.

If you are using prefix mode, you should not use the same word as the phrase to tell VC to listen, or it will not know whether you are telling it to listen, or if you just said the prefix and you are about to give a command.

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »
Any command that has the first action set to

VC.On

will always be active even when in standby so you don't require a prefix for it, as long as the group it is in has not been disabled.

Ahh that was exactly what i needed . I assumed such a command would not be executed if the system is in standby mode. I thought the only possible way of issuing commands out of standby was by using a prefix followed by a command. So thanks for the clarification. The difference in this scenario would be that I can´t use the VC.ON Stuff with a different confidence like i would with the prefix.

My Usage Scenario was saying the prefix then getting a confirmation that voxcom ist listening and coming out of Standby and then Issuing the command i wish to be executed. This would be combined with the timeout of 15s, so that when I get voxcom out of standby with the prefix and can´t think of a command afterwards  :bonk it would return to standby. At the moment Prefix+command have to be issued at the same time. I just thought it had been different in earlier version of Voxcommando

Thank you both for the fast answers and of course @jitterjames great work, great program  :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:07:26 PM by kromm »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 06:25:54 PM »
well, you bring up a couple of things that I've been thinking about.

The current method, where I make an exception for VC.On is a bit crude.  Probably, at some point I will create an option for each command "always on" so that it will always execute if in either green or yellow mode.

Another thing that I could probably do without too much trouble is allow you to specify a confidence level for each command.  If set to 0 it would use the default setting.

If you think this would come in handy let me know.  I will do it eventually but I'm not in a hurry unless someone is really desperate to have this as soon as possible.

I've actually burned out a bit and I'm taking a bit of a break.