Author Topic: Mic will not work  (Read 2343 times)

Oddsodz

• View Profile
Mic will not work
« on: August 03, 2010, 12:23:58 AM »
Well I am sure I shall get the "RTFM"  but I have had a look for it and it did not help.

So I shall move on. 

I Have an X-fi titanium with a mic plugged in at the back.   Mic works 100% in everything I do.  It works in all my games.  It works in Skype.  It works in Teamspeak.  It works in Ventillo.  It works in the windows speech recondition system. The List can go on.  Lets just say the mic and sound card work.

I Have tried starting "VoxCommando 0733" as admin.  Still no joy.  The program just does not seem to detect my mic.  The "Audio Warning" level meter never moves.

I See that there is not a setting page that can be looked at for setting inputs.

So what can be down at this point?  I See that there is not a setting page that can be looked at for setting inputs.

What am I missing?

Hope to hear from somebody soon.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Mic will not work
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:25:58 AM »
at this point, there is not much of a FM to read ;), but the forum can be a good resource.  Feel free to ask questions.  Others have had this problem.

There is only one thing I know of that could cause this problem.  Do you have your language set to english UK in WSR advanced settings?  If so change it to english US.  This is a bug in the windows SAPI which is what I am using for the recognition engine.  Somehow it gets confused into thinking that the display language does not match the speech language, and refuses to listen.  It doesn't generate an error or anything though!  Microsoft... (other than this bug the sapi engine is actually awesome)

also if you are starting from scratch anyway, you might as well start with the "new" version. 0.79.  It is much more powerful, and since it involves a bit of a shift in how things are done, you might as well start with it rather than learning the old system.

0.79 is only on the forum
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=41.0

0.8 will be on the download page after some bugs are ironed out.

let me know how it goes!

Oddsodz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
"english UK in WSR advanced settings"

That was the trick.   Now it works.  Time to have some fun.

Thanks for your time

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »
no problem at all, keep asking questions...  ;D

Shodan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »