Author Topic: GenXML problem  (Read 3353 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
GenXML problem
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »
Hi James,

i want create genXML for XBMC with the Vesion 0.873 and it doesn't work  ???
VC found 0 artist, titel... only the movie's found and i dont know why.
I start an older VC (0.853) and it works fine. When i take the command from Voxlog.txt for search Artits, Titel ..., in the Webbrowser, i can see all of them. Can you help me?

Kalle

PS: genXML for MM works
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: GenXML problem
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
Hi Kalle,

I need your help with this.  I don't have this problem so I need you to send me more information.

open your web browser and paste this into the address bar and hit enter:

xbmc: http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select * from artist)

after it loads:

1) view source
2) copy and paste everything into a text file and send it to me.

thanks.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »
Hi Kalle,

I need your help with this.  I don't have this problem so I need you to send me more information.

open your web browser and paste this into the address bar and hit enter:

xbmc: http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select * from artist)

after it loads:

1) view source
2) copy and paste everything into a text file and send it to me.

thanks.

SEND  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »
AHHhhhhhhh,   I think I may have finally figured this out.  What version of XBMC are you using?

For me XBMC returns each artist like this:
Code: [Select]
<record><field>1</field><field>Adam Sandler</field></record>
but for some unknown reason your XBMC is returning them like this: (without the <record> tags)
<field>1</field><field>Adam Sandler</field>
Thanks a lot XBMC!    :bonk  I can't imagine why it is doing this, except that you may be using an older version of XBMC.  That doesn't really make sense either; The http protocol is supposed to be depricated, which means that it should not be changing at all.  Certainly they should not be completely changing the way they deliver results!

So frustrating.  Anyway, hopefully this is the problem and we can deal with it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:35:21 PM by jitterjames »

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
Kalle,

mine with final version XBMC return like this from this  http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select * from artist), and generate XML ok by vox

1A Fine Frenzy2AC/DC3Alicia Keys4Amy Macdonald5Andrea Bocelli6Ane Brun7Aurea8B.B. King9Tracy Chapman10Dr. John11Barenaked Ladies12The Beatles13Emi Fujita, Eva Cassidy, Andrea Zonn14Various Artists15The Black Keys16Stone Sour17Mumford and Sons18Neon Trees19Kings of Leon20Linkin Park21Godsmack22My Darkest Days23Three Days Grace24Jimmy Eat World25Phoenix26Saving Abel27Dirty Heads2810 Years29Cake30Finger Eleven31Florence and the Machine32Avenged Sevenfold33Papa Roach34Anberlin35Muse36Apocalyptica etc...
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:33:11 PM »
You have to use "view source" in your browser to see the way the information is actually formatted, otherwise the information is not useful.  I assume that Wanilton, your's is using the <record> tags.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »
Ok,

Here we go, mine source
<html>
<record><field>1</field><field>A Fine Frenzy</field></record><record><field>2</field><field>AC/DC</field></record><record><field>3</field><field>Alicia Keys</field></record><record><field>4</field><field>Amy Macdonald</field></record><record><field>5</field><field>Andrea Bocelli</field></record><record><field>6</field><field>Ane Brun</field></record><record><field>7</field><field>Aurea</field></record><record><field>8</field><field>B.B. King</field></record><record><field>9</field><field>Tracy Chapman</field></record><record><field>10</field><field>Dr. John</field></record><record><field>11</field><field>Barenaked Ladies</field></record><record><field>12</field><field>The Beatles</field></record><record><field>13</field><field>Emi Fujita, Eva Cassidy, Andrea Zonn</field></record><record><field>14</field><field>Various Artists</field></record><record><field>15</field><field>The Black Keys</field></record><record><field>16</field><field>Stone Sour</field></record><record><field>17</field><field>Mumford and Sons</field></record><record><field>18</field><field>Neon Trees</field></record><record><field>19</field><field>Kings of Leon</field></record><record><field>20</field><field>Linkin Park</field></record><record><field>21</field><field>Godsmack</field></record><record><field>22</field><field>My Darkest etc..

Kalle, I suggest that you install the final version of XBMC, first uninstalling the previous version, the new skin comes out Sunday, and give you complete the reinstallation

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:41:08 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »
That is what I expected.  It explains why it works for you.  I just can't figure out why Kalle's is returning information without the <record> tags.  Anyway I sent him a test fix and I am waiting for the results.

thanks for uploading yours Wanilton!  It helps me a lot to figure out what is going on. :D

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:51:38 AM »
That is what I expected.  It explains why it works for you.  I just can't figure out why Kalle's is returning information without the <record> tags.  Anyway I sent him a test fix and I am waiting for the results.

thanks for uploading yours Wanilton!  It helps me a lot to figure out what is going on. :D

Ok, thanks to all.

James, I send you a new request from Webbrowser this evening.

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 04:53:35 AM »
Kalle: I sent you a new VoxCommando.exe that should work, but you never told me if you tried it. :'(  There is no point uploading the results of a browser request since I already received that information in the log file that you sent me earlier.  It looks like this:
<html>
<field>145</field><field>Verschiedene Interpreten</field><field>244</field><field>Kelly Clarkson</field><field>245</field><field>3 Doors Down</field><field>246</field><field>Alicia Keys</field><field>247</field><field>Jermaine Dupri</field><field>248</field><field>Anastacia</field><field>249</field><field>Soundtrack</field><field>250</field><field>Antonio Pinto</field><field>251</field><field>Black Eyed Peas</field><field>252</field><field>Christina Aguilera</field><field>253</field><field>Unbekannt</field><field>254</field><field>Mariah Carey</field><field>255</field><field>Verschiedenes</field><field>256</field><field>Elvis Presley</field><field>257</field><field>Band Aid</field><field>258</field><field>Chris Rea</field><field>259</field><field>John Lennon</field>

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »
Kalle: I sent you a new VoxCommando.exe that should work, but you never told me if you tried it. :'(  There is no point uploading the results of a browser request since I already received that information in the log file that you sent me earlier.  It looks like this:
<html>
<field>145</field><field>Verschiedene Interpreten</field><field>244</field><field>Kelly Clarkson</field><field>245</field><field>3 Doors Down</field><field>246</field><field>Alicia Keys</field><field>247</field><field>Jermaine Dupri</field><field>248</field><field>Anastacia</field><field>249</field><field>Soundtrack</field><field>250</field><field>Antonio Pinto</field><field>251</field><field>Black Eyed Peas</field><field>252</field><field>Christina Aguilera</field><field>253</field><field>Unbekannt</field><field>254</field><field>Mariah Carey</field><field>255</field><field>Verschiedenes</field><field>256</field><field>Elvis Presley</field><field>257</field><field>Band Aid</field><field>258</field><field>Chris Rea</field><field>259</field><field>John Lennon</field>

James, I'm sorry for the confusion. The new version of 0.874 (the second patch in my mail) works fine. I was unfortunately very busy and could not report yet.  :bonk  :bonk  :bonk
XBMC on my HTPC is version 10.0 rc2. Was this the problem?

Thank you for your help
Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 05:48:32 PM »
The important thing is that it works. :yay  Thanks for sending me the log so that I could discover the problem.

I think you are running Dharma RC2, which is actually version 9.  I could be wrong.  I am running version 10 - plain.  It seems that they changed the http format a bit between these versions.  VC should now work with both.
 ;D

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
The important thing is that it works. :yay  Thanks for sending me the log so that I could discover the problem.

I think you are running Dharma RC2, which is actually version 9.  I could be wrong.  I am running version 10 - plain.  It seems that they changed the http format a bit between these versions.  VC should now work with both.
 ;D

YES thats right  :hugs

the properties of XBMC.exe looks Vers.10.0rc2
I need to urgently clean up my computer. I have all the possible release of VC and also lose slowly the overview. The whole on three different computers  :P

Kalle