Author Topic: Typing text while vox is active  (Read 3800 times)

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Typing text while vox is active
« on: February 07, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this Question but it has todo with speech recognition in some sort of way.

I was wondering if any of you have experienced vox using sendkeys left, right while typing text in lets say Microsoft Word.
It's quite annoying actually since I have to correct my text every 2 words cause the cursor jumps left or right every time.

I have currently disabled the group Keyboard Emu for that reason.

Any tips ?

PS : I'm using a headset mic currently and it's obvisouly close to the keyboard.
Challenge us at your own peril!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Typing text while vox is active
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 12:51:50 PM »
I have this problem with my laptop, which has a crappy microphone that is right next to the keyboard.  I usually just put vox into off or standby mode.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
Ok thanks, My microphone is not that crappy tbh, I have a razor megalodon headset with mic, and over the years I had people say how good my mic quality is, so I just think it's a proximity issue, don't you have it in other setups then James ?  Where your mic is close to a keyboard typing text ?
Challenge us at your own peril!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »
I have also found that it can be quite useful to reduce the input level of my microphones.  I find that they often still work quite well and produce less false commands.  If it is a headset mic, it should not be that sensitive to the sound of your keyboard, so it might be turned up too high.

also, you should look in the command history to see which commands are being triggered.  Maybe the phrase is too simple (short).