Author Topic: Requesting plugin support for Pinup Popper  (Read 5453 times)

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Requesting plugin support for Pinup Popper
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:12:05 PM »
Hello,

Was wondering if there was a possibility to have VC integrated with PinUp Popper, Popper is a new frontend for virtual pinball emulation.

Would need fairly basic commands like "Play Table Tron" or "Play a Stern Table" or "Play Random Table"   or "Find {Table Name}" and it go to the table before executing.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Requesting plugin support for Pinup Popper
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:56:55 AM »
Whatever is possible will depend on the capabilities of the software you are trying to control.

In this case your best bet will be to investigate their Web API to see what they offer and then you can probably control it using scrape actions.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=web_remote_control

https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Scrape

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 02:04:52 PM »
Ok i've looked into your suggestion and have 21 commands working.

Question, for Media Monkey, you are using LoadbySQL.

Is there a way to use this function directed to a .db file? 

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
MM.LoadbySQL is using functionality provided by the Media monkey API.

If pinuppopper does not provide similar functionality then it is not possible.

But I guess I don't understand what you are doing. It makes sense to me to load multiple songs into a play queue but why would you load multiple pinball games?

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »
This was more for a search function, by author, by year, by table type.

So if we say find Pinball Magic, we would scrape xxx.xxx.x.xx/function/pupfind/Pinball_Magic

We looked at the payload dictation and that would would work, but as suggested in the wiki and your video, the speech recognition isn't that great.  I wasn't getting the values i was speaking.

Probably look at popper doing the search and find work instead of vox, but have vox send the function commands like its doing for the other 20 or so we have working.

Have you tried this?   I used the same mic and it caught every word i was saying perfectly.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcloud.google.com%2Fspeech-to-text%2F&h=AT12ThfAsDGibHMIHF1OpFjf375J2yuItlWKtFXjE2pwC1w7cOo5yGbyHg1wvxT-mmjyHkTWfzCHpeNYOCYYD2B4rJZOzz5-LD9izcCpuJ6uiP27RxYR06ZUBH6xJgpDQTjrjAhttps://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcloud.google.com%2Fspeech-to-text%2F&h=AT12ThfAsDGibHMIHF1OpFjf375J2yuItlWKtFXjE2pwC1w7cOo5yGbyHg1wvxT-mmjyHkTWfzCHpeNYOCYYD2B4rJZOzz5-LD9izcCpuJ6uiP27RxYR06ZUBH6xJgpDQTjrjA

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 01:04:09 PM »
I think we are getting off topic.

I think you are confusing different things with each other.  MM.LoadBySQL is not related to this.

For xxx.xxx.x.xx/function/pupfind/XXX

What you probably want to use is payloadXML instead of payload dictation.

https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Payloads

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 02:36:48 PM »
i have about 5 payloadxml's currently, i understand those.

MM.LoadbySQL, more just asking if there was potential to query a direct db file for flexibility similar to what MM.LoadbySQL can do.  Select the file, and use sql commands to query that file to return results.  You confirmed this functionality was part of the MM api.

So now we are just going to have popper do the query work and vox send the command.

The issue is the payloadxml files need to updated based on the whats added to the .db file.

So a payloadxml takes care of the initial setup, but then requires manual changes unless we can query the db file or source file for any changes or updates.  Similar to your generate xml file command for the plugins.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:39:30 PM by rablack97 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »
So now we are just going to have popper do the query work and vox send the command.

OK.  I really don't know what that means but I guess it doesn't matter.

The issue is the payloadxml files need to updated based on the whats added to the .db file.

So a payloadxml takes care of the initial setup, but then requires manual changes unless we can query the db file or source file for any changes or updates.  Similar to your generate xml file command for the plugins.

Ideally popper should implement a command on their web API that returns a list of items which can be called up.  From that we could easily generate and update a payloadXML file.

If that's not possible then maybe send me a sample db file so I can look at what we are dealing with.

Bear in mind that I have exactly zero experience with what this program is or does.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:35:25 PM by jitterjames »

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 11:40:51 PM »
Yes sir I know it's a pain dealing with a blind request.

And this software is a PITA to setup.

From what i understand your having vox do all the query work, vox isn't sending a command to media monkey find jazz songs and media monkey is querying a .db file, i'm assuming its using the payload files.

All this software needs is a command and it will do the rest, however that is within Popper, its not doing jack for the payload files needed for vox to run cleanly.

That's what i meant by popper is doing the query work and vox just send the command to execute it.

Attached is the DB file

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 12:19:07 PM »
OK.  That's an SQLite file which is good.

You can actually generate payloadXML files from that using the xSQL plugin in VC.

I was able to generate the following payloadXML files from it using that method.  Is this what you need?

You may find that you need to rename the games to make them more voice friendly...

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »
Sorry was out of town for my bday  :)

Yes this is exactly what i need!!!!!!!!!!!!

What commands did you use to do this, this is awesome.

My thoughts are possibly create a vox commando voice field for the database, and have the xml include that.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
I can show you how to do this.  It's simplest if you are not already using the xSQL plugin for Kodi.  Are you using that?

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »
No, i stopped using this for music and movie play a long time ago, my family just couldnt get into the voice control, when they could do it on a IPAD. :bonk

Ok i just looked at the plugin, it looks fairly straight forward.

I just didnt know this was for other .db files, as the description says query XBMC database.

I need to select the database file and then just reference my colunm names, for the ID and then Phrase(column i want to use for the phrase).

select PlayListID,PlayName from PlayLists

I can create each playload xml the same way, is this correct?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 01:15:41 PM »
Yes, it's designed for an XBMC/Kodi database but they are just using an sqLite database file so there is no reason why you can't using it for other sqLite DBs.

See the attached image to know how to configure the plugin for PinUpPopper.

Note for the configuration:

-  You'll need to adjust the path for the custom database to wherever your PUPDabase.db file is located.  In my case I had the file in my VC folder but you'll want to use the original location so you can update from time to time.

- I set the Output Folder to a period.  This will save the payload XML files in the root VC folder.  You can put the XML files in a subfolder (or anywhere else) if you prefer.

- Make sure the "Type"column is set to "Custom" and use the following queries. (Delete all the other rows from Kodi first)
Code: [Select]
select GameID, GameName from Games
Code: [Select]
select PlaylistID, PlayName from PlayLists
- Make sure "Sub" is checked to enable subset matching in the payloadXML.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:33:19 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »
and later to update your payload files you can use the action XSQL.GenerateAll in a command.

I've also added a new action to the xSQL plugin: XSQL.GenerateCustom

With that action you would not even need to modify your xSQL plugin settings but since you are not using Kodi the above method should be fine.

The new action will be included in the next release, whenever I get around to that.