Author Topic: Logon automatically to a website  (Read 3170 times)

mkp

• View Profile
Logon automatically to a website
« on: July 06, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »
Hi All

I'm currently  playing with VC, MM and EG (with a little help from friends!!) to do something similar to Jitterjames's Media Monkey setup.

And got to wondering if there is a way of automatically logging on to a website eg a stock market website to see the latest value of  your stock portfolio.

So what I'd like to achieve is say to VC "stock porfolio" and as if by magic your portfolio is displayed using your chosen website.

I should point out that I have Parkinson's and i'm trying to minimise the amount of keyboard input I need to make.

Thanks

MKP

Concrete cows

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Logon automatically to a website
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »
Sure it should be doable.  This method is a bit of a hack, and lots of things can break it...

If you are using EventGhost, then you don't need to do much other than create a command like this:

then you need an macro in eventGhost that would be triggered by that event.  This macro would need to:
- launch your web browser
- wait long enough that the page was loaded (make it longer that you have to so it works when the internet is slow)
- click on the username field, enter the text
- click on the password field, enter the text, and hit enter

here's a sample that does it.  note that it opens the browser to a maximized state, and then always clicks in the same place.  If the design of the website changes or your browser layout changes (i.e. an extra level of toolbars) it won't be clicking in the right place anymore.

you should be able to copy and paste this text directly into the eventghost configuration tree.  and then make adjustments.
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1462">
    <Macro Name="Start Program: iexplore.exe" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="login2StockMarketSite" />
        <Action>
            System.Execute(u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe', u'https://sourceforge.net/account/login.php', 2, False, 2, u'')
        </Action>
        <Action>
            EventGhost.Wait(6.0)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Mouse.MoveAbsolute(450, 398)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Mouse.LeftButton()
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'james', False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Mouse.MoveAbsolute(450, 430)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Mouse.LeftButton()
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Window.SendKeys(u'god{Return}', False)
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
another solution that might work better would be to get a software that remembers your passwords and does this automatically for you, then you would only need to use VoxCommando to launch the website.

I have never used any of these types of software so I can't recommend one.

Another option would be to use voice commands to move the mouse, click it, then enter the text.  Windows has an excellent feature for this called mouse grid.  I'm not sure how I could do the same thing, but I could certainly do you up some commands like "mouse left 100, mouse up 50, mouse left click " etc.

so if you want, think about the method that would work best for you, and would be the most flexible for use in other applications as well.  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:04:46 AM »
how are you with the mouse?  Is it easy for you to point the mouse accurately?

do you have trouble with left clicking or right clicking?

If you can point it easily enough, then we can get vox to do your clicking and typing for you.  You can enter all your passwords into vox so you won't have to worry about it spelling them wrong or just plain getting the wrong word as it might if you were just using standard dictation software.  ::)

mkp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »
Hi JJ

Thanks for the various options I'll give them ago.

With regards to using a mouse, I'm naturally right handed but because of the tremor I've had to switch hands. I don't currently have any problems (touch wood) with pointing or clicking the mouse with my left hand but inevitably this will change. However, I'm not sure what you mean  by "get vox to do your clicking and typing for you".

Can you please explain.

Thanks

mkp
Concrete cows

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »
sure, sorry I wasn't more clear.

What I mean is the following,

1) you would move the mouse into position (i.e. over the filed where you are going to enter your username)

2) then say "Mouse Left Click"  (or whatever you prefer to say for that action), and VC will simulate a mouse click.

3) then say "Type FooBar23"  (assuming that's your username - and note: what you say and what it types don't have to be the same)

and then repeat the process for the password,

and this time if you wanted you might be able to say "press tab" to move from the username field to the password field, instead of moving the mouse, asuming the tab order on the webpage is setup correctly.

If you get to the point where you can no longer move the mouse accurately, then you would also have to use voice commands to move the mouse.

Capiche?

mkp

• View Profile
Concrete cows