Author Topic: J River Plugin  (Read 5043 times)

dwvaughn

• View Profile
J River Plugin
« on: December 16, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »
I am a J River Media Center user and I'd like to incorporate VoxCommando into my HTPC however I'm wondering if there is a way I can expand the commands for J River to include commands similar to the videos I've seen of VoxCOmmando controlling XBMC (i.e. Play XXX Genre or Play XX Song or video)?

Also a command to set the output zone to X such as "Play Tool in the Kitchen" or something like that or maybe just set output zone to Kitchen would be easier.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: J River Plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
Yes it should be possible.  I will post some sample xml for you to try in the next day or two.  Eventually I will create a standard configuration for J River.

Pretty much anything that can be done with the J River api will be accomplished using the JRiver.Raw action, it is just a matter of figuring out what parameters to use.

I am confident that we will be able to do the following:

- play artist x
- play song x
- play album x
- play genre x
- play songs from 1980
etc.

as well as
- get info about the currently playing song.

We already have actions in the plugin for
- set volume
- play pause stop next etc.
- generating XML for payloads

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_JRiver

Most other stuff we can try to figure out using the Raw action.

It may also be possible to control images and video but this will require more research.

If any one else is interested in using J River Media Center with VoxCommando please reply to this thread.  If I create a standard configuration for it, then I would also like to have help creating translations of it for French, Spanish, German etc.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »
You can explore the possible raw actions by using your browser to visit this URL on the machine running J River

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/

For example you will find the URL to advance to the next track is

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Next?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID

In order to use this with the JRiver.Raw action, remove everything up to the /v1/

So your parameter would be

Code: [Select]
Playback/Next?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID
Most of the command seem to include a zone.  I'm not too familiar with JRiver but I guess maybe -1 means default zone, or maybe last selected zone.  I am assuming that you can change this -1 to a positive integer to specify which zone you want to control.  Further investigation is required to see if there is a way to change the default, or current zone.  I don't even know how to set up multiple zones in this software so you may want to play around with this a bit yourself.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »
This will get you started.  You can either replace your voicecommands.xml file with the attached xml file, or you can import the groups you want into your existing command tree.

Remember to enable the web api in JRiver (see image below)
- Tools >> Options >> Media Network >>
- check the option: "Use Media Netowrk to share this library and enable DLNA"

Make sure to enable the JRiver plugin in VC and to generate XML.

crawfofd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
James, I also am interested in the Jriver plugin.  I currently use SageTV for my dvr, but am looking for a replacement and like JRMC.  It also has great audio capabilities.  As far as helping, all I could do is testing.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
I have started a new board for JRiver and posted a demo to it.  Check it out...

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1302.0

dwvaughn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »
James,

Thanks so much for this.  I haven't had a chance to check it out due to the holidays but will do so soon.  Also thanks for the new board.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
You are welcome.  Please be advised that I'm making some major changes to the plugin w.r.t. genXml so you may want to wait until I am finished with it.  I will announce it when I am done.

StrikemanXL

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
Fantastic work JJ :)   It works perfect as long as your tags are in good order Ha! The ability to voice control my media and push It to every DLNA client in my house is like mega cool :D Jriver has become my default player atm way better sound and picture than any others I have tried Oh and btw you can get the milkdrop plugin for it too (It comes with better presets than XBMC)