Author Topic: Need Some Help With VoxCommando  (Read 9909 times)

DHHJ

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Need Some Help With VoxCommando
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
Kalle and James,

Sorry I meant Android but typed IOS  :bonk

I've been playing with DroidWebCam and WO Mic from Google Play. A couple of small apps that I thought could be useful as they also come with Windows DLL files that create a new microphone in your Windows Recording control panel- no need for virtual audio cable.  Both have limitations though as the voice quality over WiFi is poor- I'll report back with more if I get some success.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
Kalle and James,

Sorry I meant Android but typed IOS  :bonk

I've been playing with DroidWebCam and WO Mic from Google Play. A couple of small apps that I thought could be useful as they also come with Windows DLL files that create a new microphone in your Windows Recording control panel- no need for virtual audio cable.  Both have limitations though as the voice quality over WiFi is poor- I'll report back with more if I get some success.
No problem  :D
The app use the "google speech API" in android and send the recognized text to VC - in my first test it works very well. I am not authorized to offer you the app for download, but if James read this here you have a chance to become it for tests  ;)

Kalle

PS: I think if you have tested it you are impressed - and it is a good alternative for a phone mic.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:03:23 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Ryan00

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »
A vox app for android would be great !! any chance for ios ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:38:11 PM by Kalle »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 04:38:37 PM »
A vox app for android would be great !! any chance for ios ?
no chance at the moment, only if we find a member who can program a iOS app.  :'(
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
I can confirm that.  I have no plans to do any development for iOS.  I would be happy to work with someone though if they have the interest and the means to develop for ios.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
Kalle and James,

Sorry I meant Android but typed IOS  :bonk

I've been playing with DroidWebCam and WO Mic from Google Play. A couple of small apps that I thought could be useful as they also come with Windows DLL files that create a new microphone in your Windows Recording control panel- no need for virtual audio cable.  Both have limitations though as the voice quality over WiFi is poor- I'll report back with more if I get some success.

The Android app is coming along. I have very high hopes for what I will be able to do with it. Please discuss it over in the Android area of the forum and fill out the survey if you want to get on the mailing list for the alpha testing.  I think it's going to rock. :-)

Ryan00

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 11:13:52 PM »
So im thinking of just getting the amulet remote .  I know James uses this remote or did at one point can anyone recommend this remote for VC. I want it mostly for the motion senor so i can have the remote turn down the volume . Also would like to connect it to work with my tv and avr. How has it been working out for everyone using VC here. Thanks for the help ..

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 11:36:42 PM »
@ryan00

I want it mostly for the motion senor so i can have the remote turn down the volume . Also would like to connect it to work with my tv and avr.
I am looking to do something similar with My Home Automation Controller but with a keyring remote or something similar. where i am able to  enable and disable VC commands with ease.
e.g enable and disable the mic and control volume of anything at the same time, Start stop applications etc etc.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:49:31 PM by xtermin8r »
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »
So im thinking of just getting the amulet remote .  I know James uses this remote or did at one point can anyone recommend this remote for VC. I want it mostly for the motion senor so i can have the remote turn down the volume . Also would like to connect it to work with my tv and avr. How has it been working out for everyone using VC here. Thanks for the help ..

Yes, the amulet is really great. If you have an android and want to use that though, the VoxWav application is looking very promising.  It works in a manner similar to the Amulet (i.e. tilt to turn on) and the quality is very good if you have a decent microphone on your device.  So if you already have an android device I would try VoxWav first before spending the money on an amulet.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:52:01 AM by jitterjames »