Author Topic: Turn up Microsoft Anna?  (Read 10086 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Turn up Microsoft Anna?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 03:59:28 PM »
My HDMI I use is on my GFX card, I've tried the on board HDMI and SPDIF on the motherboard with same results. I have no headphone output.

Did a quick bit of googling and seen various threads on adjusting the volume of TTS (mostly from teamspeak/mumble forums) as many people do seem to want to increase or decrease the volume but windows has no individual volume control for it.
I can in VC or in Windows TTS settings each device select individually, and adjust for TTS. Music/Movie -> HDMI, and TTS -> S/PDIF or whatever I want.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 04:03:26 PM »
Yes i can do that but my amp can't play sound from 2 separate inputs at the same time, i'd need 2 amps for that

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »
I can in VC or in Windows TTS settings each device select individually, and adjust for TTS. Music/Movie -> HDMI, and TTS -> S/PDIF or whatever I want.
Kalle, I think it is time for you to do some more shopping.  You don't have enough audio devices...  :biglaugh

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 04:51:02 PM »
Kalle, I think it is time for you to do some more shopping.  You don't have enough audio devices...  :biglaugh
Haha, that is not the complete list, If you could see them, you would cry  :biglaugh

@James: eight bottles of killed  ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:54:26 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »

@James: eight bottles of killed  ;)

You better start practicing because you must drink must faster when you are in Morin-Heights.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
Yes i can do that but my amp can't play sound from 2 separate inputs at the same time, i'd need 2 amps for that
Ok, I figured out how it can work. You need VAC (VirtualAudioCable). This program create virtual audiocards and can route the audiosignal to any device (output). If you will test it PM me  ;)
It can also route the TTS-Voice (when you want) to a specific channel from your S/PDIF-Output  ;D
You can take a look here for what the program can do.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

Kalle

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »
You better start practicing because you must drink must faster when you are in Morin-Heights.
I think it is intended a great fun  ::wiggle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »
I think that playing charades for a week is guaranteed to be fun, especially if we are drunk the whole time.

Talk about "off topic" !   sorry shango ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »
Ok, I figured out how it can work. You need VAC (VirtualAudioCable). This program create virtual audiocards and can route the audiosignal to any device (output). If you will test it PM me  ;)
It can also route the TTS-Voice (when you want) to a specific channel from your S/PDIF-Output  ;D
You can take a look here for what the program can do.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

Kalle

This is very cool.  Kalle, do you know if this works even when you are playing 5.1 digital direct to the receiver with DTS or AC3?  I thought that in this mode the stream was being sent "pure" and could not be modified.  If it does work does it replace the channel you choose, or mix the TTS into the existing audio for that channel?

I don't see how this could help shango though, the TTS will still be too quiet.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 06:21:57 AM »
This is very cool.  Kalle, do you know if this works even when you are playing 5.1 digital direct to the receiver with DTS or AC3?  I thought that in this mode the stream was being sent "pure" and could not be modified.  If it does work does it replace the channel you choose, or mix the TTS into the existing audio for that channel?

I don't see how this could help shango though, the TTS will still be too quiet.
Yes, that is a cool thing, and a new feature to use it with home theatre systems. That is the same as the MS-Soundmapper, if you setup your speakersytem on PC (choose speaker headphone, stereo, 5.1 and so on), in there is a test button, which redirects the audio output to different channels (a voice said: "front left" - "front right" ....).
The settings in VAC is very easy,when you want the TTS-voice come out on a specific channel on your system (like, only at the front center box), you must set in VAC repeater channel settings to "custom" with " 1 channel" and mark the channel-checkbox "FC" to use the "front center" channel. VAC route the TTS-voice to this channel, when you have select in VAC a output that can use this channel (digital-output). I have this tested with stereo on my office pc (tts voice to left or right channel) and it works.
The TTS ouput in VC TTS-Settings ->advanced must set to Line1(VAC)

shango can use the separately volume control for VAC to adjust the tts voice volume. The tts volume from VAC ist very loud, so I must adjust the VAC volume to 15%  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:49:29 AM by Kalle »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »
So with vac i can set my tts output to spdif and vac can re route it out of my hdmi?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
actually I think you sould set your sound output to a VAC line and then that would get routed.  I doubt it will raise the volume any higher though.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »
Might give it a try, it's not free though and it's not worth paying for just for that use.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
So with vac i can set my tts output to spdif and vac can re route it out of my hdmi?
I've tried with 4.1 Sound on my office pc too, and it works, i can route the tts to all speakers separately