Author Topic: Genxml  (Read 2407 times)

Kickers56

Genxml
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:49 PM »
Hi,

I have just tried and purchased voxcommando and have to say, I'm loving it. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I am searching through the forums, but would like to know the answer to this...

Can I, with smart playlists and voxcommando browse movies by actor or director, I know I can with xbmc itself but can't figure out how to do it in voxcommando (if possible) to say "find movies with will smith".

Think I need to generate an XML with all actors in the xbmc database, but don't know how or if I can do that.

Thanks guys and James for a well developed program

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Genxml
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:05:20 PM »
Hi,

I have just tried and purchased voxcommando and have to say, I'm loving it. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I am searching through the forums, but would like to know the answer to this...

Can I, with smart playlists and voxcommando browse movies by actor or director, I know I can with xbmc itself but can't figure out how to do it in voxcommando (if possible) to say "find movies with will smith".

Think I need to generate an XML with all actors in the xbmc database, but don't know how or if I can do that.

Thanks guys and James for a well developed program

Hi Kickers56,

welcome in VC-Forum. Take a look to the attachment  ;)
This is a smart playlist command for XBMC (the only one, you must edit it with your command phrases), the phrases in the command is german)
1. step: Go in VC to Editmenü -> then click on the upper right "Open New Bin file" -> seach and select my "XBMCsmartplaylist" -> open
2. step: drag and drop the command to the left in the edit-window, so you can edit the command and the phrases to click on it.

I hope I could help you  :)

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
for now you will need to create your own payloadXML with your favorite actors in it, but it should be possible for me to create a list of actors and a list of directors in genXML in a future version.

if you have the actor's name as a payload to can find their movies using a smartplaylist, but if have the actor's id there may be another way using activatewindow.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »
with the actor or director ID we should be able to do something similar to this:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=571.msg3999#msg3999

Kickers56

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »
Thanks for the attachment. I think what I need is the genxml for actors and directors like jitterjames suggests to easily create the payload for the hundreds of actors there could be. I haven't got a clue how to find the actor or director ids. So will wait on people more intelligent than me.

I love how quick we can get responses on this forum.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »
look here for new version: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=567.msg4030#msg4030

and look at the subsequent post in the same thread.  Import the attached group.  You will find two commands using the new GenXML payload files. with actor and director for movies.

Kickers56

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
I think you love the praise!! :D that was done fast

That is fantastic just what I wanted, really impressed my friends with that one let me tell you.

I dont think this program can get any better, but I'm sure you'll all continue to amaze.

Thanks again.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 09:06:27 AM »
I think you love the praise!! :D that was done fast

That is fantastic just what I wanted, really impressed my friends with that one let me tell you.

I dont think this program can get any better, but I'm sure you'll all continue to amaze.

Thanks again.

Yeah, I love praise.  I'm funny that way.  ;)

Good ideas are always welcome...