Author Topic: srgs error?  (Read 1002 times)

LightsOn

• View Profile
srgs error?
« on: July 10, 2019, 10:23:46 AM »
So I spend a few hours tweaking and adding new commands, nearly done, then start getting the attached error?

Tried full install and restoring back ups from before today- same outcome.

Any ideas?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: srgs error?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 02:49:27 PM »
This is a known problem the Microsoft speech engine.  It can happen if you have too many commands with large payloads (usually XMLs) and especially with similar commands or a lot of optional phrases or optional payloads all in the same group.

See: https://www.google.com/search?q=voxcommando+srgs+error

I would need to look at the group that is causing the error in order to offer the best advice but generally the easiest solution is to move one or more of your commands with large payloads into its own group.

A better option sometimes is that if you have multiple commands using the same payloadXML file there is usually a way to combine it into a single command which will not only help avoid this error but will also save memory.  Again, I'd need to see your commands.

Also, there is no need to reinstall if you want to rebuild your grammars, just use "Purge Cache" on the "File" Menu of the main VC window.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:53:15 PM by jitterjames »

LightsOn

• View Profile
Re: srgs error?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 06:14:23 AM »
Hi jitterjames,

you come to my rescue once again - thank you.

Indeed it was the issue of too many large xml payloads in the same group.

I simply backed up my files, deleted each group until I found the offending group that caused the issues, restored the backup files, then did some long overdue administration in terms of tidying things up into appropriate groups etc. taking into account the one that had been identified as the issue and hey presto all is now fine again.

Thank you.