Author Topic: High DPC latency with NDIS.sys when using VoxCommando  (Read 828 times)

fuzzysb

• View Profile
High DPC latency with NDIS.sys when using VoxCommando
« on: November 18, 2015, 04:06:21 AM »
Hi,

I have been using VoxCommando for some time without issues with the program per se, however after the time of install and configuration i have also been having issues within media center with stutters in video and also lots of Weak signal errors within media center. I use DVBLink with mediacenter to manager the tuner pool and watching of Live TV.

I have spent a long time troubleshooting the issue and have come to learn the issue was being caused by extrememly hiogh DPC latency. I monitored this using LatencyMon available from http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

it then took me some time to realize after updating all drivers that it wasn't in fact driver related. I stumbled accross the solution when closing VoxCommando, instantly the DPC latency dropped down to normal levels (averaging 200) and all my issues within mediacenter stopped. but as soon as loading back up VoxCommando my DPC latency counters increased to between 6000 & 12000 and the issues started to occur again.

I have performed further troubleshooting steps including replacing the microphone source from onboard sound to USB Mic with no improvement in DPC latency. and even if Voxcommando is not listening, huge latency is introduced with ndis.sys.

so until something can be sorted i am going to have to refrain from using Voxcommando unless i set up a dedicated PC for the role, which is overkill.

as other people must be using Media Center, has anyone else experienced the same? or know i can resolve the issue?

regards

Fuzzy