Author Topic: Honeywell IP Thermostats  (Read 850 times)

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Honeywell IP Thermostats
« on: May 12, 2015, 10:23:49 PM »
I'm finding out that home automation products that REQUIRE the cloud are items I really don't want. However, if you are like me and have a Honeywell IP Thermostat and use http://mytotalconnectcomfort.com to control it remotely, I've created a VC group that will give you basic controls. I personally don't use the built in scheduling on the thermostat, and with a few tweaks, you could probably use this to do it.

This is my first real setup using RoboBrowser to control anything and there may be a few things that could be done better. If you see anything let me know. The only real issues were the site times out and logs you out and they periodically put up an upcoming maintenance message that broke getting the current temp and setting it to a specific temperature. Those issues have been fixed I believe but here it is just to share.

You need to manually run the command Run Once Login and in the browser window that opens, login and check the save login info bix. It will not save the password however to once you've logged in edit the Login To Website Command and enter your password in the first line for the variable MTCCPass. save it and restart VC.

-GB