Author Topic: soft unmuting on idle timeout  (Read 1699 times)

Antrobus_Prime

• View Profile
soft unmuting on idle timeout
« on: May 29, 2013, 07:53:32 PM »
Hey I've been reading this forum for a bit but I am new to posting, a while ago I Managed to break my set up and went by using my phone instead using various apps and remotes. but I missed Poppy (i live on a narrowboat called Poppy and thought it was fitting to call my computer this aswell) Any way I decided to try again from the beginning and have got stuck on what you guys will see as the easiest of problems! I have Poppy Soft muting XBMC when in listening command, only when i say don't listen the music returns to its previous volume! If i leave it to idle time out (around 11 seconds) the music remains soft muted?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: soft unmuting on idle timeout
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »
Hi Antrobus,

Welcome to the forum.  Your problem should be pretty easy to solve.  When the idle timeout triggers it should generate an event: vc.idletimeout  that you can see in the history window.

You can create a command that performs the soft unmute, and then drag this event from the history window onto the new command.  That should do it.

Or you can copy the following code, then right click your new command in the tree and paste.
Code: [Select]
<event>vc.idletimeout</event>

Antrobus_Prime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »
the idletimeout is there but still doesn't work, the XBMC softnute/unmute didn't work for me either, but the XJson.softmute/unmute does but again only if i tell the computer to ignore me. not sure if this is the correct way to go? It's probably one simple step I am missing but i have voxcommando blindness now and can't seem to find it? thanks xxx

Antrobus_Prime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
Scrap that last message it is working! thankyou very much for your help! Great program by the way! And no doubt i'll be in touch soon with equally simple problems you can laugh at!  :) xx

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »
No worries. It's nice to get an easy one now and then  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:40:57 PM by jitterjames »