Author Topic: "options: there are no suitable languages for speech on this system"  (Read 1578 times)

mickemouse0

• View Profile
Hi
I'm running windows 8 pro and I have been running VoxCommando perfectly for a couple of days but all of a sudden I get this message saying "options: there are no suitable languages for speech on this system". I am using an english version off windows 8 and I can't figure out what has happend. I have tried deleting all the files and running the setup again but without success. Is there anyone who knows what I should do?

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
hi mickemouse0

Something similar happened to me on windows 7, when i chose options in VC i also got the message
there are no suitable languages for speech on this system
it turned out to be  corrupt registry entries. To fix the the poblem i ghosted (Symantec Ghost) the win 7 image back onto my PC. I know this isnt going to help you.

Please let us know which location you installed Voxcommando, and if you installed any software after installing voxcommando.

You can try a sytem restore, to restore your windows to what it was like a few days ago.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:06:52 PM by xtermin8r »
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Hi MM0,

An unfortunate situation.  I have never heard of anything like this myself.  Hopefully a system restore will work, otherwise you may need to repair or reinstall windows.

One thing you can try though, is to see if the built in windows speech recognition is still working.  If it is, then the problem may lie only with VoxCommando.  If it is not then it is a windows problem and you are stuck with the window system restore, repair, or reinstall I think...  :'( :'( :'(

Either way, very strange.