Author Topic: cant get find movie to work :(  (Read 2005 times)

rdbrooks

• View Profile
cant get find movie to work :(
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
Ok first i want to say HEY!! love the software ;D, ok so i'm using your voicecommands.xml list you did for the xbmc video, and i've edited it to point at my movies xml file but i cant get it to find my movies, for example if i say "find movie matrix" it goes to movies but jups to the first movie in the list, if i say it again it goes to next movie in the list and so on, it just moves to the next movie, dont know what to do :( :bonk please help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: cant get find movie to work :(
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:01:41 PM »
That is very strange sounding behavior.  I can't really imagine what is going on there.  Do all your other commands work?

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "edited it to point at my movies xml file".  May be the best thing to do would be to zip up your whole folder and upload it so that I can take a look and try to figure out what is going on.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »
are you using the version from this post?

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=91.msg569#msg569

rdbrooks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 07:51:53 AM »
UMmmmm akward  :D i made a boo boo, its working now, i should have never messed with your xml in the first place, but i was getting a mundo error because my xml's for music were empty and VC dont like empty xml;'s :)
oh i do have a question, theres a check box between the green and yellow mic, what does that do? and is there anyway to get VC to auto genXML when it starts or when commanded?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:35:05 AM by rdbrooks »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »
you should experiment.  One of the primary goals in creating VC was to make it possible for people to customize it to suit their own needs.  You just need to make a copy of your folder as a backup before you go crazy changing stuff.  For beginners you should start by only modifying the items in the tree known as "phrases", until you gain a better understanding of the program.

The check box near the green microphone is for what I call "intercom mode".  With eventghost you can get VC to listen to just one command (the box will be checked) and then it will automatically turn itself off after executing one command.

There is currently no automatic way to run GenXML but I will probably add some kind of feature to address that.  I still need to do a bit of work on GenXML first.  Also, VC will always need to be restarted after performing a GenXML.