Author Topic: Python Plugin Error  (Read 1402 times)

ddl

• View Profile
Python Plugin Error
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:31:29 AM »
I have recently upgraded to the latest version of VC SP 2207.  I just noticed that in the history I am getting an error that reads "error loading plugin: C:\VC42615\Plugins\PY\PY.dll"  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I've included a copy of the log.

dl

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Python Plugin Error
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:44:29 AM »
Hi ddl.

There is no known problem running the Python plugin on VC version 2.207 (either regular or SP).

The two most likely problems are:

1 - a dll error/conflict.
2 - a problem with your .Net installation.

Unfortunately the errors generated are somewhat cryptic and don't point to anything specific as far as I can tell, but my guess is that it's a dll issue.

To test if the problem is a dll I would start by installing VC fresh into an empty folder.  One possible problem is that when you upgraded your existing installation you did not run the dll cleaner which makes sure that there are no older versions of a dll in your various VC folders.

Testing if the problem is from .Net is a bit more difficult.  If there is a problem with your .Net installation, updating to the latest version can sometimes fix it.  Microsoft also has tools that you can download to repair your .Net installation.   I do not have firsthand experience with them since I have not yet had any problems with my .Net installations.

Finally, if you are not actually using the Python plugin then don't worry about it!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:34:37 PM by jitterjames »