Author Topic: PLEX  (Read 3369 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
PLEX
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:00:19 PM »
I know quite a while ago PLEX spun off from XBMC and forked from the open source XBMC.  I tried to search the threads, but does PLEX support VoxCommando or vice versa?
For various reasons some friends have pointed out some of the PROs of Plex as of yet unavailable in XBMC and I may try to run a hybrid environment or otherwise investigate Plex largely due to its server/client implementation.  Because of the client aspect I'm not sure if there exists remote access to any particular client vs the actual server side so not sure this is possible.  I took VoxCommando home and demo'd to family over the holidays and everyone was amazed by my VoxCommando integration (except the nephews/nieces which the voice recognition had a very tough time recognizing :) )

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: PLEX
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
I don't know anything about Plex personally, but I would be surprised if we could talk to it without modifying VC.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: PLEX
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:14:53 AM »
My nieces have problems with it too, although it is partly because they tend to yell as soon as VC does not understand them, which only makes things worse.  Also, whenever they are around it means there is a lot of activity which means lots of background noise.