Author Topic: Robo Browser Tasker forwards  (Read 1225 times)

yokel

• View Profile
Robo Browser Tasker forwards
« on: June 12, 2015, 05:53:57 AM »
This is a small collection of Messaging forwards from Tasker.  You will need an android device & the tasker app(& in some instances the AutoNotification plugin).

I'm working on a way to scrape gmail accounts for Contact photo's.  Right now though you'll have to manually add them to the Contact folder I provide.  Photo's are easiest to get from gmail contacts but any 90x90px image will work.  In fact you don't need contact images, the default image will still show. 

Needed VC plugins: Robo browser, TCP(with webserver On).

Extract the provided Contacts.zip to your root VC directory:

Import the provided VcCollection_Notifications.xml into VC

BEWARE!!! IF YOU ALREADY USE TASKER.  BACKUP YOUR TREE 1ST.
Copy the provided "backup.xml" to your Tasker config folder:
Tap settings>Data>Restore>UserLocalBackup, navigate to file if needed, then yes overwrite.
You'll need to change the ip:port to the settings used in the TCP plugin for each task. There are a few that require the AutoNotification plugin to work.  There are a couple for InControl(my Home automation software) that don't use tasker.  These could be modified to work with the vera plugin or other HA controllers that support REST commands. 

Other than that, things should work.  If not, LMK.

I've gone back & updated these to clean up code a bit & worked on the html. The doorbell is functioning now.  You do need to put the doorbell.html files & the vlc.asx files into the VC\plugins\TCP\html folder instead of the contacts folder.  The Gmail really only needs VC to run now.  I'm just using tasker for the push updates.  Alternatively You could set it up to poll at an interval through VC.

Screenshots:

SMS message:

Gmail:

Low battery warning:

Google Hangouts message:

Phone call

Doorbell:

Security alert:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:36:12 PM by yokel »