Author Topic: XBMC Eden 11 with support audio Dolby true HD and DTS HD  (Read 121822 times)

DDDamian

• View Profile
Re: XBMC Eden 11 with support audio Dolby true HD and DTS HD
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
@wanilton - you're welcome, glad to help. Thx for putting it out there for all to enjoy.  As I said earlier, I'll try post in here as and when good times to rebuild occur, or notable changes are made  :)

stevos

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »
You guys are doing a stunning job.

What are the differences between exclusive mode and well not exclusive?  I am assuming non-exclusive you have issues it windows resampling

Sounds like my HTPC should be ok, i3 2100 at 3.1ghz with ati 5450 gpu.

Will test both builds at the weekend

Glad to have this all setup at last, HD audio is a must for me, as i spent a wee bit too much on a Denon 4308i for it a few years ago  :)

Debating picking up a Panny vt50 at the weekend, so getting excited, kind of sad i know  :)

DDDamian

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
@stevos - nice amp! I have the 3808CI plus a bunch of other Denon gear. Yes, your HTPC should be fine.

Exclusive mode demands direct communication with the audio driver to the exclusion of all other apps, and bypasses the windows mixer. This ensures that nothing interrupts the flow of audio from XBMC (short of the app not keeping up). The advantage is no molestation of the signal from the windows mixer such as resampling. Better sound. The disadvatages are: your audio device must support the sources format, no sounds from other apps.  If your audio device won't support (say) 24/192khz then windows will not downsample it - it will throw an error.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:59:22 PM by DDDamian »

senthil

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2012, 03:25:21 AM »

My test using voxcommando send TTS sounds and audio 5.1 together for my receiver, work fine, thanks again for tip DDDamian,

New version, download new xbmc.exe, for me improve my results.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/XBMCHD.zip

Wanilton

thanks again!

DDDamian

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2012, 03:51:06 PM »
Hey folks,

The latest build by Wanilton includes an endless loop bug introduced after Jan.28th.  I did a build of the most stable version to date and posted it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cg1r19l7es2rv2v. In that zip is a copy of my advancedsettings.xml. You would need to copy that to your userdata directory. If you wish to play with buffer sizes or other tweaks they are in that file. I also added a non-supported "Output stereo to all channels" routine as a little bonus - it will output a two-channel source to all speakers defined in your Control Panel settings when enabled in advancedsettings.xml.

Pls use at your own risk - install to a seperate directory and back up both your existing advancedsettings.xml and guisettings.xml.

Note that this is unsupported and not in any way an official release. But on my platform it is the most stable version to-date.

Enjoy  ;D

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »
Hello DDDamian, thanks for this great work...

I will test your version ASAP...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:38:32 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

DDDamian

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »
Hello DDDamian, thanks for this great work...

My pleasure Wanilton - thx for yours.

Wanilton

• View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
Hello DDDamian, your version work fine here, I changed this <allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>, for false in advancedsettings, and done, before in true, i have a lot troubles running videos..
If possible, detail how work each parameter in advancedsettings for us..

Thanks again for this special version...

www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

DDDamian

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
If possible, detail how work each parameter in advancedsettings for us..

Hi Wanilton - glad it works for you. Here's a synopsis of my advancedsettings.xml:

Code: [Select]
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>0</resample>
<forceDirectSound>0</forceDirectSound>
<transcodeto>0</transcodeto>
<audiophile>1</audiophile>
<allchannelstereo>1</allchannelstereo>
<audiosinksizesharedmsec>120</audiosinksizesharedmsec>
<audiosinksizeexclusivemsec>100</audiosinksizeexclusivemsec>
</audio>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
<allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>

<resample>: force resampling at xxx khz. Use if your soundcard requires a certain sampling rate eg. 48000
<forceDirectSound>: as it states, even if WASAPI support is detected on your machine. I recommend leaving this off (0) unless you have trouble with WASAPI or are on Windows XP
<transcodeto>: forces transcoding of Dolby (AC3) to LPCM for devices which don't support it
<audiophile>: forces the output to remain true to the source and not be down-mixed or resampled. May cause delay in receiver switching to new formats, but purest reproduction of source
<allchannelstereo>: forces two-channel sources (CD, MP3, etc) to be output to all speakers per L/R mappings, with downmix for center and LFE. May be broken in this release as I had to revert some changes to avoid current bug
<audiosinksize(shared)(exclusive)msec>: the buffer duration in milliseconds for shared or exclusive modes. Can be increased to reduce discontinuities on slower hardware or decreased to reduce lag on skipping/fast-forwarding. Note that hard-coded minimums of 50msec override this value. Values under that ignored.

<algorithmdirtyregions>: can be 0-4. Different methods to reduce CPU load in repainting the GUI screen - see XBMC Wiki for details
<nofliptimeout>: Time in msec after which if no change occurs on the screen video buffer flipping stops - mostly good for battery usage

<useddsfanart>: hands over drawing of fanart images to DirectDraw for hardware acceleration and possible speed boost
<allowd3d9ex>: allows use of DirectX extensions for speed boost - not always compatible (as you found!)

Of primary use to folks here will be the <audiophile> settings if you have a lot of high-bitrate FLACS, etc and of course <audiosinksize(mode)msec> if you are experiencing sound dropouts during playback.

Cheers,
Damian

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2012, 08:44:03 PM »
sawwwweeeeeeeet.   Thanks!   ::banana

DDDamian

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
sawwwweeeeeeeet.   Thanks!   ::banana

I purposefully left out <evillaughiterations> and <launchallnukes>  :biglaugh

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2012, 09:24:56 PM »
I purposefully left out <evillaughiterations>

Particularly dangerous without a closing tag.  This could be related to your endless loop bug that you mentioned earlier.

Ahhhh.  Nerd humour.  I guess I'll go watch a Big Bang episode now.  :P
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:49:30 PM by jitterjames »

zw4mp

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2012, 05:09:51 AM »
Hello! First thanks for all the builds you are giving us lazy ones ;)

Just want to share that I at first had great trouble with DTS-HD and TrueHD. Maybe other formats too but didn't try at the time. XBMC locked up completly on every seek forward and also when pausing and then resuming. I changed the delays back and forth without any improvement. Not sure why but it turned out to be the Audiophile parameter. I set it to 0 and then all worked flawlessly.

Don't know if it has to do with my system, but that's a hint if others have problem too :)

Nvidia 460gtx, i7 cpu, win7
Pioneer VSX-LX55 receiver
Exclusive mode

I run 192khz 24bit in windows mixer.

DDDamian

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
Particularly dangerous without a closing tag.  This could be related to your endless loop bug that you mentioned earlier.

Damn! That was it! Too many evil laughs (pinkie to corner of mouth) and no end tag locked up the loop!  :biglaugh

@zw4mp - welcome to these forums and thx for the tip - audiophile should only be used for music sources, not for passthrough of HD formats - will have to mod the code to bypass that when passing-through!

DDDamian

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
Breaking news!! An unknown to the forum has released a patch for DTS-MA & TrueHD on standard Eden!

Tested and works great in initial checks.

Go here for thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1008621#post1008621