Author Topic: Kodi Simple Actions  (Read 2182 times)

js

• View Profile
Kodi Simple Actions
« on: May 11, 2021, 03:39:04 PM »
When I say fast forward, rewind, stop, or play, or pause. A black bar (Kodi simple commands) shows with my command listed. FF, Rew, and Stop work also. But with play and pause, the black bar comes up with Kodi simple commands  "pause", but it does not pause or play. Pause and play come up, but it does not pause. But rewind and FF and stop work

Kodi is Build 19
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 03:47:00 PM by js »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Kodi Simple Actions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 10:56:59 AM »
I just tested with a fresh install and it works fine with Kodi 18.9.

I have not tested with Kodi 19 yet because I don't like being their Guinea pig on new releases, but did you follow all the setup instructions correctly?  Do other commands work for you from other groups?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 12:21:27 PM »
The problem is Matrix disabling addons.

After an extended development and testing period, Kodi 19.0 ‘Matrix’ is now finally available for download. However, unlike the previous major Kodi iterations, this latest one comes with a significant change. More precisely, Kodi 19.0 ‘Matrix’ automatically disables incompatible 3rd-party addons – and we’re talking about a vast number of both ‘official’ and ‘unofficial’ addons.

This is a big change that will surprise many Kodi users out there, who are in for a big disappointment. So, if you’ve been building your library of Kodi addons for a long time (as many of us have), you’ll want to be careful before updating. Here’s all you need to know.

Source:
https://www.technadu.com/kodi-19-matrix-disables-incompatible-3rd-party-addons-automatically-why/249523/

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 12:36:26 PM »
Upon further inspection I can say that Kodi Matrix disables the VoxTools addon, and that will break some commands, but the commands that you are talking about still work even with the plugin disabled so I think you must have set things up incorrectly.

You need to follow this guide: https://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Installation_Kodi

Pay particular attention to the "Network Settings".

js

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 03:53:05 PM »
I have followed the instructions very carefully.
I succeeded somewhat on 18, but I cannot use 18 because Kodi does not edl properly after version 14.2
I am now running 14.2.
It rarely works with basic commands. I will be happy with these 4 command - play, ff, rew, pause.
Right now, it is doing again what I described at the beginning. If I say FF or Rew, it works. When I say play or play pause, the screen shows that the command registered and shows kodi simple actions play pause, but the video continues and does not pause. Also, if it is FF or REW and I say play, play comes on the screen, but nothing happens.
There have been times where all 4 commands work, but right now only the 2
(Stop always works)
I also did a full restart
If a FF while REW, it goes to play and when I REW while FF, it goes to play, but play and play pause are not working even though the screen registers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 10:00:25 AM »
Please send us a log.

If you have commands that are recognized and then work sometimes but not always then it sounds like you've got something funky going on with your system.

However if certain commands always work and other commands never work then you've probably configured it wrong. A log or even looking at your history window may show the problem.

If you are going all the way back to Kodi 14 then some of the commands may have changed. If you are using a newer configuration it might not work with older versions of Kodi.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 03:17:40 PM »
Also, open up the xjson plugin settings and click the button that says "Test HTTP Connection".  What happens?

js

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 06:11:08 PM »
log

js

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 06:18:08 PM »
When I tested, it timed out
credentials
xbmc

js

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 06:27:30 PM »
Please send us a log.

If you have commands that are recognized and then work sometimes but not always then it sounds like you've got something funky going on with your system.

However if certain commands always work and other commands never work then you've probably configured it wrong. A log or even looking at your history window may show the problem.

If you are going all the way back to Kodi 14 then some of the commands may have changed. If you are using a newer configuration it might not work with older versions of Kodi.
I selected Helix 14 upon installation of VoxCommando

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 06:21:51 PM »
When I tested, it timed out
credentials
xbmc

This is the problem.  You did not set it up correctly.  You need to follow all the setup instructions.  VC is not able to communicate with Kodi.

js

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 12:01:14 PM »
I did follow the instructions. What did I do wrong?

js

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 02:31:13 PM »
I could not find the add-on in all addons after successfully installing zip file, but it does connect now

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 07:02:23 PM »
I could not find the add-on in all addons after successfully installing zip file, but it does connect now
I'm not sure if the addon still works with version 14 of Kodi but it's not really important since you don't need it for simple commands to work.