Author Topic: HD movies stops playing if using VC  (Read 3535 times)

powermarcel10

• View Profile
HD movies stops playing if using VC
« on: January 20, 2012, 06:57:53 PM »
Hi guys,

I have report this issue earlier in another topic. I thought that is was easy to fix, but it's harder than I thought..

The problem is: When I use vc, every command is working fine.. But when I launch a HD movie in Mediaportal (don't matter is I use the keyboard or use my voice to select the movie) the movie stopps immediately.. It happend only if a movie provide DTS or dolby-D.

When I use another software like VLC player, also the DTS sound doesn't work when VC is enabled.. The only thing to get it working icw VC is to go to the sound devices in control panel (Realtek Digital Outpu(Optical), open the properties, go to coding settings, select DTS audio and press the "test" button.. After doing that, everything is working again in VLC player.. But when I open Mediaportal, the problem is still there.

I have tried a lot of different codecs, but the problem is that no all codecs support DTS or Dolby-D. I also tried many settings in my soundsettings but without any good result so far.

I thought that the problem was that my soundcard (realtek onboard) was not be able to use the mic input and optical output at the same time with digital sound streams.. But the strange thing is that this problem also happend when I use the microphone of my iphone with the app mobiola headset (wich is working pretty awesome btw)

Does anyone understand my problem and know a solution maybe? Or have a nice suggestion to try? Would be very awesome because now I really can't use VC on my HTPC. And that's just the reason I bought this awesome software! :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: HD movies stops playing if using VC
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
try setting your default playback device to something other than the one used by VLC or MediaPortal.  If your TTS output settings in windows are set to a specific output make sure it is also not the device used by VLC or mediaportal.  It is odd,  I don't have this problem with any of my computers, but I am guessing it must be a conflict with either the VC sound output (wav) or the VC TTS output being on the same device that your video is trying to play on.  If you want my help, maybe tomorrow I could come on your computer with TeamViewer and try some things.

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:18:29 AM »
try setting your default playback device to something other than the one used by VLC or MediaPortal.  If your TTS output settings in windows are set to a specific output make sure it is also not the device used by VLC or mediaportal.  It is odd,  I don't have this problem with any of my computers, but I am guessing it must be a conflict with either the VC sound output (wav) or the VC TTS output being on the same device that your video is trying to play on.  If you want my help, maybe tomorrow I could come on your computer with TeamViewer and try some things.

Hi jitterjames,

thanks again for your help..

On my test machine I also didn't have this problem because that pc is analog connected to a 5.1 speakerset.. The speakers on my HTPC are digital connected with spdif.. Like I said; the problem only happend when a audio stream has DTS or dolby-D.. Films or music without this works fine..

I have tried to change the default sound device, but it didn't help.. I really don't know anymore what to do..

The only way to get it working is to connect my HTPC analog to my speakers but than I didn't have DTS or Dolby digital anymore.. (only with PCM, but that quality is not that good)

I hope you have another suggestion! If there is anything you want to try, that's fine.. I have some time tomorrow.. So let me know what you want to do! :)

Best regards,

and have a nice weekend.. :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
I think the only way I am going to figure this out (hopefully) is if I can come and look at your machine.