Author Topic: Auto Generate PayloadXML for Tv Channels  (Read 11440 times)

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Auto Generate PayloadXML for Tv Channels
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
MpTVChannels.xml  is a payloadXml file so you don't "load" it.  You need to put this file in your MpPayloads folder (as bodiroga mentioned).  Then the voice command will use it to build payloads for you TV channels, mapping the words you say to the correct channel number.

I hope the image helps a bit...

Hi James,
I don't underestand how can I from my exported TvChannels.xml create an MpTVChannels.xml as payload file to put in MpPayloads folder? And is there any news regarding selecting TTS output device.
I have attached my Tvchannels.xml
Thanks for your great support.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »
Hi James,
I don't underestand how can I from my exported TvChannels.xml create an MpTVChannels.xml as payload file to put in MpPayloads folder? And is there any news regarding selecting TTS output device.
I have attached my Tvchannels.xml
Thanks for your great support.

I am only seeing the exported tvchannels xml for the first time today.  It will take me a bit of time to write some code to convert it.  Patience please.

The TTS engine will be fixed in the next release to use the correct output.  Basically I am going back to the old way since the new method didn't fix anything anyway.  I will release a new version within 1-3 days.  At that time I will probably also release a new version of wifiscan to scan tv channels from your exported xml files.

I notice there are both TV and Radio channels in this xml.  I am not sure how to best deal with that. 

Do we need to keep both?
do we need to create a separate payloadXML file, one for radio channels and one for TV channels?  Is anyone even able to tune to a channel successfully yet with VoxCommando?

sorry, I am kind of working in the dark on the whole TV-Tuner issue!  Give me your thoughts even if you are not 100% sure either.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
I am in no hurry, please take your time. Thanks.

Wifi scan option would be cool.

In Tvserver there are options to export just Tv or Radio , Groups, scheduels or all in one xml. I have selected only Tv channels ( most of radio channels are with Croatian names so I'am not sure how I could call them with VC anyway) . I don't know why radio channels are also exported ( i'll try to create the file again)

Yes, I think separate payloads for Tv and Radio would be the best way.And no I haven't found the way to tune Tv channel with VC.

About earlier microphone discussion, I am having compleatly uneducated thought, sorry If this sounds stupid: is there a way to have some kind of open stereo mic that would naturaly pick up the commands and media being reproduced at the same time and than from the windows audio mixer deduct the media being played, so that only commands would be left for VC to process?

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »
In Tvserver there are options to export just Tv or Radio , Groups, scheduels or all in one xml. I have selected only Tv channels ( most of radio channels are with Croatian names so I'am not sure how I could call them with VC anyway) . I don't know why radio channels are also exported ( i'll try to create the file again)

Yes, I think separate payloads for Tv and Radio would be the best way.And no I haven't found the way to tune Tv channel with VC.
OK I can create one for TV and one for Radio, it is good to export them together.  I did not actually look inside your xml I was looking at one posted earlier by Alex.  I guess it really doesn't matter though if the tv commands don't work!  ::duh

About earlier microphone discussion, I am having compleatly uneducated thought, sorry If this sounds stupid: is there a way to have some kind of open stereo mic that would naturaly pick up the commands and media being reproduced at the same time and than from the windows audio mixer deduct the media being played, so that only commands would be left for VC to process?
In theory yes, in practice, not really ::hmm  the closest you can get to this is by using "acoustic echo cancellation", it is sometimes an option if you are using analog input and output from the same sound card.  The problem is that sound is very complex (even for stereo, forget about 5.1) and it bounces around your room in unpredictable ways etc. so the end result is usually not that great.  the only really effective way to reduce sound is by having the mic close to the speaker and having one pickup pointed towards the person speaking and one pointed away.  The Amulet also does a good job even though it is not a noise cancelling mic because it only picks up sounds that are fairly close to the microphone (within a foot or two).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:03:16 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »
I found the error for TvChannel changing in my code so I will try to release a fix tomorrow, along with some other stuff.  ;D

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »
I found the error for TvChannel changing in my code so I will try to release a fix tomorrow, along with some other stuff.  ;D

Looking forward. Thank you  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Auto Generate PayloadXML for Tv Channels
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »
when exporting this xml file from MediaPortal, is there a default folder / filename that is used?  I'd like to set my plugin to look there by default if such a thing exists.

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
when exporting this xml file from MediaPortal, is there a default folder / filename that is used?  I'd like to set my plugin to look there by default if such a thing exists.

For me, the default folder that is shown when exporting the file is:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server  (I'm using W7 64bits)

;)

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »
Yes the path is the same as bodiroga and default file name is "export.xml"

regards

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »
Just to summarize...

Before use TV channel change VoxCommand functions, go to your Mediaportal TVServer Configuration program (use to be an icon on your Windows Desk).

In the options in view, there is an Import/Export menu. Select it and choose export. Use default name and default folder.

MP will create an export.XML file that Voxcommand will use.

Regards
Alex

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
Just to summarize...

Before use TV channel change VoxCommand functions, go to your Mediaportal TVServer Configuration program (use to be an icon on your Windows Desk).

In the options in view, there is an Import/Export menu. Select it and choose export. Use default name and default folder.

MP will create an export.XML file that Voxcommand will use.

... and if necessary, adjust the path in VoxCommando plugin settings for plugin "MpScan" to point to the correct file.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »
Hi James,

Can you help me with this one. I have ste up command Tune to channel with MPpayloads and MpWifi.PlayChannel and that works great. So if I say : "Computer tune to channel National Geographic" it tunes to that channel.  Now how can I have TTSspeak to say : "tuned to national geographic" i can only manage last spoken but then it just repats everithing .

Other thing, I can't set the same thing for Radio Channels. If I use MpWifi.PlayChannel with radio payload it closes MP compleatly?

Thank you

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
I am afraid I don't have an answer for either of your problems.

I don't have a Tuner card so I recommend you ask the folks over at wifiremote if they can add functionality for playing radio stations.  Looking at their command wiki the playchannel command seems to be for tv only...

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/WifiRemote/Commands

the other problem I don't have a solution for either unless I make some changes to the program.  I will think about the best way to do this.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
Thank you for your replay,

I tought That I was missing something obvious again  :bonk

Anyway I enjoy your grat aplication daily with logitech hd pro webcam c910 as mic and two word prefix with intercom it works flawlessy.

Regards

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Glad to hear it.  How far from that microphone can you sit and still get good results?

You might be able to find the current channel after tuning to it by using:  MpWifi.GetNPCustom

I am planning to add a new simple command to VoxCommando called: Results.SetLastResult.  Then we open up many options.  In this case you will be able to:

ResultsSetLastResult  to the value {LastSpoken}

and then you can either use results.replace or result.regex to get the text you are looking for.  Normally you would be able to use use {1} but in this case {1} is the channel number not the channel name.