Author Topic: Auto Generate PayloadXML for Tv Channels  (Read 11440 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Auto Generate PayloadXML for Tv Channels
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:48:19 PM »
It would be great if James could add the option to build the file automatically reading the data from TVServer's database file  ^-^
Maybe if you send me your tv server database I can whip something up.  ^-^

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »
I'm thinking of buying one of the following mics:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TGTDFM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
http://www.amazon.com/CAD-U7-Desktop-Condenser-Recording/dp/B001AIQGTK/ref=pd_sim_MI_17

My favorite is the first one but, including shipping and taxes, it costs 100€ ($128) so I'm not sure to spend so much money in something that I don't know how well will it works.
If you look in the microphone section of this forum, I think at least one user posted a review of a desktop conference microphone that was on amazon.com

I don't know about those mics but I think it would make more sense to look for something local.  I'm sure Kalle knows of some mail order places in Europe that sell microphones.  I don't know if that would be cheaper or not...

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:24:40 AM »
If you look in the microphone section of this forum, I think at least one user posted a review of a desktop conference microphone that was on amazon.com

I don't know about those mics but I think it would make more sense to look for something local.  I'm sure Kalle knows of some mail order places in Europe that sell microphones.  I don't know if that would be cheaper or not...
I have to disappoint you, unfortunately, not available in Europe.  :'(
***********  get excited and make things  **********

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:21:27 AM »
Maybe if you send me your tv server database I can whip something up.  ^-^

I send you mine  ;D

By the way, I've been trying different channels combinations and althout the system recognized the channel calls properly, nothing happens. I've tried with wifiremote ver 0.6.0 and your modified wifi file (based on vers 0.5.0 as shown in dll version).
As you can see in my setting, I've different channel groups and also different tv cards so may be the problem of is related to that.

I send you a copy of my data base and also an xml file exported channels list, groups... form tv server

Im using mediaportal 1.2.2 and StreamMP skin. I also use eventghost to control Onkyo AMP and domotics.

Thaks again
Alex
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:46:39 AM by alexdepalma »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:44 AM »
the database file appears to be empty  :-[,

... and the xml file is not attached.

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »
I have to disappoint you, unfortunately, not available in Europe.  :'(

Yeah, Kalle is right, it's very difficult to buy this kind of mics here in Europe (and in Spain is even worst, I can't find anything in amazon.es or ebay.es :'( )

I suppose that at the end I will buy the MXL AC404 and see how it works, let's hope that I don't get disappointed.

James, MP TVServer uses a MySQL database to store the recordings, channels, schedulings,... so I don't know which files you need for this. In my folder "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data\mptvdb" I have lots of files with .frm, .MYD and .MYI, for example: channel.*, channelgroup.*, history.*, program.*, recording.*, schedule.*,... Do you have any experience with this complex databases? For now I can't send you more details, but in a couple of weeks and can offer you a TeamViewer session ;-) It would be soooo could to do searches in EPG, set recordings, play recordings... with VoxCommando!

Many thanks for all your work (seriously, the support that you offer is AWESOME) and best regards,

Aitor

PS: Sorry Alex, the truth is that my configuration for channel changes is not tested because I'm away from home for the exams  :bonk I will see if it works for me next week, although I'm sure that you will be able to solve it faster. What level of confidences do you get with you mic?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:51 AM »
I haven't tested it myself but I would not be surprised if this was just as good:  http://www.logitech.com/webcam-communications/microphones/devices/221

although probably not good for too long a distance.  Get a usb extension cable and mount it on the ceiling over your recliner  >:D

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 09:49:09 AM »
the database file appears to be empty  :-[,

... and the xml file is not attached.
Problems transfering the files to VC server.. they are now...
XML export file is how online

As bodiroga has mentioned a lot of files are there...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:54:36 AM by alexdepalma »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56:38 AM »
perfect.  from this xml I can create a payloadXML file with all the channel names mapped to the correct channel number.

I don't think there is anything else I can do with it though.

Is this something that changes often?  If I understand correctly you need to export this by hand first.  I hope it's not too difficult.  I am able to read sqlite files no problem but don't know about mysql

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »

Many thanks for all your work (seriously, the support that you offer is AWESOME) and best regards,

Thanks, I do my best.  It is wonderful to be appreciated.  :bignod

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »
Yeah, Kalle is right, it's very difficult to buy this kind of mics here in Europe (and in Spain is even worst, I can't find anything in amazon.es or ebay.es :'( )

I suppose that at the end I will buy the MXL AC404 and see how it works, let's hope that I don't get disappointed.

James, MP TVServer uses a MySQL database to store the recordings, channels, schedulings,... so I don't know which files you need for this. In my folder "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data\mptvdb" I have lots of files with .frm, .MYD and .MYI, for example: channel.*, channelgroup.*, history.*, program.*, recording.*, schedule.*,... Do you have any experience with this complex databases? For now I can't send you more details, but in a couple of weeks and can offer you a TeamViewer session ;-) It would be soooo could to do searches in EPG, set recordings, play recordings... with VoxCommando!

Aitor

PS: Sorry Alex, the truth is that my configuration for channel changes is not tested because I'm away from home for the exams  :bonk I will see if it works for me next week, although I'm sure that you will be able to solve it faster. What level of confidences do you get with you mic?
by the way, I think a "boundary" mic works fine in a quite environment. If you have backround noises (like music or movie playing) it pick this all up and you get fail to talk with VC, but I hope the MXL works fine for you, let us know.
I have make some tests with other mic, and the best results is: 1.Place -> amulet-remote, ASUS Wireless Headset HS1000W and RF Audiobox (all the same very good results) 2.Place: iPhone4/iPad2 with Mobilia software or Skype 3.Place: Samson GoMic "open Air" good results in a quiet environment. 4. Place: JabraHalo2 Bluetooth (does not always work satisfactorily)

Kalle

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »
perfect.  from this xml I can create a payloadXML file with all the channel names mapped to the correct channel number.

I don't think there is anything else I can do with it though.

Is this something that changes often?  If I understand correctly you need to export this by hand first.  I hope it's not too difficult.  I am able to read sqlite files no problem but don't know about mysql

Yes, obtain this file is easy.
In TVServer config, you have to acces the Import/Export option. And click Export button and give a name...

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 10:20:55 AM »
I haven't tested it myself but I would not be surprised if this was just as good:  http://www.logitech.com/webcam-communications/microphones/devices/221

As good as the MXL AC404 or as Alex's webcam?

I have seen that I can buy the Logitech mic for 12€ (shipping included) in ebay, so perhaps it's a better idea to try it first and see what results I get.

For the boundary mics problems, my idea is to use the VC.Prefix.Start event to lower the system and receiver volume when I'm away from my remote (listening to music with TV off, for example) and also configure a button in my harmony remote to mute the system volumen and switch VC to green mode when I'm in from of my TV. It shouldn't work so bad, right? :D

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »

I have seen that I can buy the Logitech mic for 12€ (shipping included) in ebay, so perhaps it's a better idea to try it first and see what results I get.

For the boundary mics problems, my idea is to use the VC.Prefix.Start event to lower the system and receiver volume when I'm away from my remote (listening to music with TV off, for example) and also configure a button in my harmony remote to mute the system volumen and switch VC to green mode when I'm in from of my TV. It shouldn't work so bad, right? :D
the problem is -> in a loud environment, VC do not understand the prefix or you cry it very loud  ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »

I don't own any of these mics so I'm just guessing, but the reviews on this logitech mic are very good on Newegg.com and it is pretty inexpensive.  Keep in mind that most of  these people are not reviewing it in the context of speech recognition.  And as I said, the range is probably not as good as with a boundary mic, on the other hand, it is probably less likely to pick up background noise.  The boundary  / conference microphones are designed to pick up sound from greater distances, and also from every direction, which is basically the opposite of noise cancellation.  I would not be surprised, with the correct positioning, if the logitech performed much better than a boundary mic.  But if you want to be able to speak from anywhere in the room, the logitech will probably not work well.  This is all based on my research, and my experience with microphones in general, not on any experience with these specific models.  I do not even own a boundary mic, but I have done lots of reading.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
MpTVChannels.xml  is a payloadXml file so you don't "load" it.  You need to put this file in your MpPayloads folder (as bodiroga mentioned).  Then the voice command will use it to build payloads for you TV channels, mapping the words you say to the correct channel number.

I hope the image helps a bit...

Hi James,
I don't underestand how can I from my exported TvChannels.xml create an MpTVChannels.xml as payload file to put in MpPayloads folder? And is there any news regarding selecting TTS output device.
I have attached my Tvchannels.xml
Thanks for your great support.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »
Hi James,
I don't underestand how can I from my exported TvChannels.xml create an MpTVChannels.xml as payload file to put in MpPayloads folder? And is there any news regarding selecting TTS output device.
I have attached my Tvchannels.xml
Thanks for your great support.

I am only seeing the exported tvchannels xml for the first time today.  It will take me a bit of time to write some code to convert it.  Patience please.

The TTS engine will be fixed in the next release to use the correct output.  Basically I am going back to the old way since the new method didn't fix anything anyway.  I will release a new version within 1-3 days.  At that time I will probably also release a new version of wifiscan to scan tv channels from your exported xml files.

I notice there are both TV and Radio channels in this xml.  I am not sure how to best deal with that. 

Do we need to keep both?
do we need to create a separate payloadXML file, one for radio channels and one for TV channels?  Is anyone even able to tune to a channel successfully yet with VoxCommando?

sorry, I am kind of working in the dark on the whole TV-Tuner issue!  Give me your thoughts even if you are not 100% sure either.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
I am in no hurry, please take your time. Thanks.

Wifi scan option would be cool.

In Tvserver there are options to export just Tv or Radio , Groups, scheduels or all in one xml. I have selected only Tv channels ( most of radio channels are with Croatian names so I'am not sure how I could call them with VC anyway) . I don't know why radio channels are also exported ( i'll try to create the file again)

Yes, I think separate payloads for Tv and Radio would be the best way.And no I haven't found the way to tune Tv channel with VC.

About earlier microphone discussion, I am having compleatly uneducated thought, sorry If this sounds stupid: is there a way to have some kind of open stereo mic that would naturaly pick up the commands and media being reproduced at the same time and than from the windows audio mixer deduct the media being played, so that only commands would be left for VC to process?

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »
In Tvserver there are options to export just Tv or Radio , Groups, scheduels or all in one xml. I have selected only Tv channels ( most of radio channels are with Croatian names so I'am not sure how I could call them with VC anyway) . I don't know why radio channels are also exported ( i'll try to create the file again)

Yes, I think separate payloads for Tv and Radio would be the best way.And no I haven't found the way to tune Tv channel with VC.
OK I can create one for TV and one for Radio, it is good to export them together.  I did not actually look inside your xml I was looking at one posted earlier by Alex.  I guess it really doesn't matter though if the tv commands don't work!  ::duh

About earlier microphone discussion, I am having compleatly uneducated thought, sorry If this sounds stupid: is there a way to have some kind of open stereo mic that would naturaly pick up the commands and media being reproduced at the same time and than from the windows audio mixer deduct the media being played, so that only commands would be left for VC to process?
In theory yes, in practice, not really ::hmm  the closest you can get to this is by using "acoustic echo cancellation", it is sometimes an option if you are using analog input and output from the same sound card.  The problem is that sound is very complex (even for stereo, forget about 5.1) and it bounces around your room in unpredictable ways etc. so the end result is usually not that great.  the only really effective way to reduce sound is by having the mic close to the speaker and having one pickup pointed towards the person speaking and one pointed away.  The Amulet also does a good job even though it is not a noise cancelling mic because it only picks up sounds that are fairly close to the microphone (within a foot or two).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:03:16 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »
I found the error for TvChannel changing in my code so I will try to release a fix tomorrow, along with some other stuff.  ;D

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »
I found the error for TvChannel changing in my code so I will try to release a fix tomorrow, along with some other stuff.  ;D

Looking forward. Thank you  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Auto Generate PayloadXML for Tv Channels
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »
when exporting this xml file from MediaPortal, is there a default folder / filename that is used?  I'd like to set my plugin to look there by default if such a thing exists.

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
when exporting this xml file from MediaPortal, is there a default folder / filename that is used?  I'd like to set my plugin to look there by default if such a thing exists.

For me, the default folder that is shown when exporting the file is:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server  (I'm using W7 64bits)

;)

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »
Yes the path is the same as bodiroga and default file name is "export.xml"

regards

alexdepalma

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »
Just to summarize...

Before use TV channel change VoxCommand functions, go to your Mediaportal TVServer Configuration program (use to be an icon on your Windows Desk).

In the options in view, there is an Import/Export menu. Select it and choose export. Use default name and default folder.

MP will create an export.XML file that Voxcommand will use.

Regards
Alex

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
Just to summarize...

Before use TV channel change VoxCommand functions, go to your Mediaportal TVServer Configuration program (use to be an icon on your Windows Desk).

In the options in view, there is an Import/Export menu. Select it and choose export. Use default name and default folder.

MP will create an export.XML file that Voxcommand will use.

... and if necessary, adjust the path in VoxCommando plugin settings for plugin "MpScan" to point to the correct file.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »
Hi James,

Can you help me with this one. I have ste up command Tune to channel with MPpayloads and MpWifi.PlayChannel and that works great. So if I say : "Computer tune to channel National Geographic" it tunes to that channel.  Now how can I have TTSspeak to say : "tuned to national geographic" i can only manage last spoken but then it just repats everithing .

Other thing, I can't set the same thing for Radio Channels. If I use MpWifi.PlayChannel with radio payload it closes MP compleatly?

Thank you

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
I am afraid I don't have an answer for either of your problems.

I don't have a Tuner card so I recommend you ask the folks over at wifiremote if they can add functionality for playing radio stations.  Looking at their command wiki the playchannel command seems to be for tv only...

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/WifiRemote/Commands

the other problem I don't have a solution for either unless I make some changes to the program.  I will think about the best way to do this.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
Thank you for your replay,

I tought That I was missing something obvious again  :bonk

Anyway I enjoy your grat aplication daily with logitech hd pro webcam c910 as mic and two word prefix with intercom it works flawlessy.

Regards

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
Glad to hear it.  How far from that microphone can you sit and still get good results?

You might be able to find the current channel after tuning to it by using:  MpWifi.GetNPCustom

I am planning to add a new simple command to VoxCommando called: Results.SetLastResult.  Then we open up many options.  In this case you will be able to:

ResultsSetLastResult  to the value {LastSpoken}

and then you can either use results.replace or result.regex to get the text you are looking for.  Normally you would be able to use use {1} but in this case {1} is the channel number not the channel name.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »
Normally I sit 3 meters away, bit it works around whole room (6 meters away), in relatively quit enviroment. Watching TV with volume set little bit lower and prefix soft mutes the media beeing played it works great.
Off course sometimes it gets activated by Tv sounds but that doesn't affect the overall  experiance.
At first I had to train the profile cuple of times and lower the mic volume to 80 %...

As me and my wife use it on daily basis (have it 24/7 on a small computer with eventghost) I am allready used to press mute on my remote when I want it obey command every time.