Author Topic: side effects of using load parameter with TvSeries  (Read 3654 times)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
side effects of using load parameter with TvSeries
« on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:02 PM »
Im on win7 64 activate window is fine now.

i get the impression that your load perameter calls are a lot worse than mine, or maybe your just use to it being a lot smoother on XBMC, could it maybe worse on certain layouts? like more glitchy on say thumbnail view than filmstrip view?

Ive not had any crashes or incorrect graphical bugs as such. one annoying thing i do have though is after using the command "find tv show X" i'm locked into that show, if i return to home screen and select tvshows from the remote it goes straight back into that series and I cannot go back, can only go to home with the remote, to unlock all tv shows again the only way is to use the command "browse tv shows"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:01:44 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: effects of using load parameter with TvSeries
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »
one annoying thing i do have though is after using the command "find tv show X" i'm locked into that show, if i return to home screen and select tvshows from the remote it goes straight back into that series and I cannot go back, can only go to home with the remote, to unlock all tv shows again the only way is to use the command "browse tv shows"
I think this is just the way that TvSeries plugin is set up at the moment.  Bear in mind that this is a very new addition for their plugin (not even in an official release I don't think), so they will probably improve it.  I encourage you to post on their issues page though about this behaviour if you are able.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:02:10 AM by jitterjames »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: side effects of using load parameter with TvSeries
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »
Not sure on the technical wording though, what i posted there was my best description and that is pretty poor lol

I'm not sure if it would be beneficial for you or vox and you probably already came across it but the ampdroid remote uses things called tv4home to call the live tv info and browse channels etc and gma webservice to access all the media databases. not too sure on what they are for exactly but i know there were needed by the android remote to be able to view and play all your media from your phone.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:03:27 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:10:51 PM »
can you provide a link please.  I can't find where you posted.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:03:17 AM by jitterjames »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 06:11:27 AM »
Sorry I meant where I posted in my previous post
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:03:07 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
it sounds like you just want TVSeries to not remember what view you were previously in when opening.  It is no different form the way it works when using the remote control.  Another way is to use the hidden menu and "switch view".  I think the best solution is just to use "Browse Tv Shows".  If you are using a skin like StreamedMP you can customize the home screen to take you to "All Shows" as well.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:02:55 AM by jitterjames »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »
It must be a bug then as it is not behaving the same as it does with the remote.

After using the command "find tv show X" it will as expected find that show and display only that show which is fine

but

I have customised my streamedmp home screen to have a link to all shows but clicking this will take me straight back into the season view of whatever show I asked Vox to find, it wont show 'ALL' shows, even if i open the hidden menu and click 'switch view' and then 'ALL' shows from there, it will make the skin click sound but remain on the same single show. also when in this single show season view requested by vox, i cannot use my back button on the remote or the command 'back' both make the click but remain on the same screen.

The only way I can view all shows after this happens is to use the command 'browse tv shows' which then shows them all. presumably because this is calling it with a perameter rather than activatewindow.

EDIT

I just tried using the remote and it seems when you are in a season view and use 'show all' from the hidden menu it does stay on the season view and doesnt show 'all' shows as I thought. it must mean 'show all seasons'.

So the bug then really is that I cannot use my back button or the back command once a particular show is asked for.

So heres the senario for someone to try to see if they have same problem.

Use the mce remote and click tvseries from your home page, then click a show so you see the season view, click your home button to go back to basic home then tvseries again, it will show the last season view you were in as it remembers it, then click back on your remote, it should then show all your tv shows.

Then try similar with a voice command

from home screen use command 'find show X' it will go straight to the season view for that show. click your home button to go back to basic home then tvseries again with your remote, it will show the last season view you were in as it remembers it, its at this point my back function stops working, remote and by voice.

what I think it should do when clicking back from there is show all shows as it does in the 1st senario when using nothing but a remote.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:08:40 PM by shango »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 04:45:10 PM »
This seems to have remedied it's self somewhere along the lines :)