Author Topic: Anyone been following CES this year?  (Read 1256 times)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
Anyone been following CES this year?
« on: January 17, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
Some great new stuff there, main focus seems to be on TV's, laptops and tablets this year. With very little focus on 3D, seems interest is dying out on that already.

Main focus of TV's was LED, OLED, with Plasmas taking a back seat, Sony had an awesome new tech 'Crystal LED' with each pixel being lit by it's own red, green and blue LED totalling 6 million LED backlight.

LG have gone in the same direction as Samsung this year with tiny bezels as small as just 1mm, looks really nice but my Samsung with a 5mm bezel suffers from some light bleed at the bottom so would be interesting to see what it's like on a 1mm bezel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nue5dVLnJVA&feature=player_embedded

Samsung not really showing of much new stuff, just updating last years models really with black bezels instead of silver and adding more powerful processors and cameras and mics built in although their Super OLED could well be my next TV. No info on release but some manufactures said to releasing OLED in second part of 2012 so Samsung surely wont want to be far behind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcRQmsBgIBM&feature=player_embedded#!

Panasonic showing of practically nothing at all

Samsung, LG, Sharp and Toshiba with 4K TV's, LG releasing theirs end of the year and Samsung not releasing due to no 4K content.

All of them still making a fuss about Smart TV and Google TV

Last year I bought the Samsung 40D7000 Smart 3D TV and already looking like a vintage box :(

Personally cant see what the fuss is around Smart TV, last year Samsungs Smart TV was reviewed to be the best of the bunch but in my opinion its crap, its slow with bad navigation and I can't see why anyone would choose to use any of it on a TV over a PC, unless they didnt have a PC, but if they didn't have a PC they probably wouldnit have internet rendering Smart TV useless.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:39:55 PM by shango »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone been following CES this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »
Yes, and the new samsung has a mic and camera on the top to use it channel change with gestures and voip over skype
***********  get excited and make things  **********