Author Topic: released: New MediaPortal Configuration and VoxCommando 0.936  (Read 19007 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: released: New MediaPortal Configuration and VoxCommando 0.936
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
Are you or other developars of VC planning a Dutch engine for the future?

no.  VC is built on the microsoft engine.  There won't be a Dutch version unless MS makes one, which is probably unlikely.  If you have a lot of English media content, you are better off with the english engine anyway.  It is not possible for it to differentiate between multiple languages,  unless you run two engines side by side and hope that one does not misinterpret commands directed at the other. :bonk

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »
You may be aware but if not

The start with windows option is working properly for me, it pops up the the EULA box and asks to pick the plugins but there are none in the list so the only option is to close and run vox manually.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
thanks I was not aware of that.  I believe I have the solution though so it will be in 0937 which I will release within the next day or two.

although I think when you way "working" you mean "not working" and when you say "plugins" you mean "configurations"

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
Allright, last question for today.. After that I will do some more tests and report than..

I have one strange problem on my HTPC..

I have tested this software (as always) on my Game machine.. (with has also latest version of Mediaportal installed)

I was able to run movies fine with VC enabled..

I have tried it also on my HTPC but there is a strange behavior.. When I launh a movie (by hand or by voice) the movie stopped inmidietly.. This only happend when VC is enabled.. When I exit VC, start Mediaportal and start the movie, everything is fine..

And to make it even more complicated, it only happend with HD movies!! (90% of my collection) Only SD files like .avi are running fine.. But when I launch a 1080P .mkv file, it stops after it's running..

Do you know what it can be?

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »
All seems working fairly well, just need to look into adding command.

There seems to no current commands for browse music/artist/genre etc., presumably this can be added by ourselves?

Also is it posible to jump to a certain page or xml within mediaportal, for instance MP has a lyric plugin, is it possible to add the command show lyrics and have it jump to the lyric page for current playing song?

also :) is it possible when using command play album/artist/song etc. to jump straight to now playing rather than playlists?

I wanna figure these out myself as I want to learn adding and editing commands but i'd like to just know if each is possible with the current build before I spend ages trying to figure it out only to find it can't be done.

O and it's so much better with a license, supprising how quick you use up 25 commands :)

thanks I was not aware of that.  I believe I have the solution though so it will be in 0937 which I will release within the next day or two.

although I think when you way "working" you mean "not working" and when you say "plugins" you mean "configurations"

Yes sorry, not working, its the box that pops up the 1st time i ran vox asking to accept the EULA and then choose something from the box but tbh, i cant remember what was in it the 1st time as upon restart, the box is empty.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »
Allright, last question for today.. After that I will do some more tests and report than..

I have one strange problem on my HTPC..

I have tested this software (as always) on my Game machine.. (with has also latest version of Mediaportal installed)

I was able to run movies fine with VC enabled..

I have tried it also on my HTPC but there is a strange behavior.. When I launh a movie (by hand or by voice) the movie stopped inmidietly.. This only happend when VC is enabled.. When I exit VC, start Mediaportal and start the movie, everything is fine..

And to make it even more complicated, it only happend with HD movies!! (90% of my collection) Only SD files like .avi are running fine.. But when I launch a 1080P .mkv file, it stops after it's running..

Do you know what it can be?
I'm not sure.

1) are you running VC and MediaPortal on the same computer?
2) are you sure it is in fact HD movies, or could it have something to do with the type of sound in the movies.  Like, it happens that your HD movies are all using 5.1 sound DTS, while your avis have only stereo AC3, or something like that.  And is it possible that your have different sound settings for different types of codecs.  Try going into MP configuration (advanced).  Then look in codecs and renderer  (look on both the first and last tabs: "video codecs" and "video renderer") and try different settings and see if you can figure out what works and what does not.  I think the problem could be with TTS using the sound card and the player doesn't want to share.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 02:32:13 PM »

There seems to no current commands for browse music/artist/genre etc., presumably this can be added by ourselves?

Also is it posible to jump to a certain page or xml within mediaportal, for instance MP has a lyric plugin, is it possible to add the command show lyrics and have it jump to the lyric page for current playing song?

yes and yes.

you can create a comand to open a window using the action "MpWifi.ActivateWindow" but you must know the window ID that you want to open.  It also seems to be not as smooth as opening from the skin so I need to check with Shukuyen if this can be fixed.  (maybe it is just on my system).

to go to the playlist instead of nowplaying after requesting music:
you can replace the action "MpWifi.ShowPlaylist" with the action "MpWifi.ShowNowPlaying"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:21:11 PM by jitterjames »

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
Thanks again for you reply..

I'm shure it has something to do with the soundcard.. It only happend on movies that has DTS and Dolby-D, so that's the problem.. Will figure out how to fix it but I'm shure I can.. :)

Another thing.. I'm trying to add some Parses with: "MpWifi.ActivateWindow" and it works! Here is a link for most default Mediaportal ID's: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/7_Skins/Skin_Architecture/Window_IDs (for other plugins use google; by example; Mediaportal Onlinevideos ID)

For some ID's it's works fine (like settings: ID 4) I can now say: "Settings" and he goes to settings.. So that's nice! But like you said, it doesn't work always nice.. When i try to do the same thing for music (ID: 511) I get a black screen and I have to go back to the home menu.

I have an suggestion for this; The Mediaportal shortcutter plugin: (I'm using that to program some ID's to my imon remote) Here it is: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/shortcuter-plugin-shortcuts-mediaportal-sections-32747/

with doing that I can set a combination of buttons like Ctrl + Shift + M to ID 511 (music) and let VC put that buttons for me when I say; (music)

Is there a way to do that? Like with an alternative for "MpWifi.ActivateWindow"?.

I hope you know what I mean!!   :P

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
yes and yes.

you can create a comand to open a window using the action "MpWifi.ActivateWindow" but you must know the window ID that you want to open.  It also seems to be not as smooth as opening from the skin so I need to check with Shukuren if this can be fixed.  (maybe it is just on my system).

to go to the playlist instead of nowplaying after requesting music:
you can replace the action "MpWifi.ShowPlaylist" with the action "MpWifi.ShowNowPlaying"

Thanks, got both of those sorted, show lyrics works really well for me, no issue with smoothness. maybe its only with certain windows

Window Id for mylyrics is 90478 if anyone else wants to do the same.

Any chance of an option to filter out a parrot in the next release? he thinks im talking to him and he's squaking back, getting or sorts of weird options poping up :)

I have noticed though when using command, "play album X" it seems to start play on a random track rather than starting at the 1st track, is this normal, as far as I know I have no shuffle options enabled, when selecting an album to play with remote it starts from track 1.

Thanks again for you reply..

Another thing.. I'm trying to add some Parses with: "MpWifi.ActivateWindow" and it works! Here is a link for most default Mediaportal ID's: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/7_Skins/Skin_Architecture/Window_IDs (for other plugins use google; by example; Mediaportal Onlinevideos ID)

For some ID's it's works fine (like settings: ID 4) I can now say: "Settings" and he goes to settings.. So that's nice! But like you said, it doesn't work always nice.. When i try to do the same thing for music (ID: 511) I get a black screen and I have to go back to the home menu.

Nice find, very useful.

I think for browse music you need ID 504 (mymusicgenres) not 511

EDIT

504 is the right window, ive added it but cannot get it to go via the command "Browse Music" but if i click the green test arrow it goes to music, it is a bit clunky with this one, opens a side menu for a few seconds then closes it but it does go to music.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:16:21 PM by shango »

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 04:16:15 PM »
I have checked it on my HTPC, and It's windows 501.. :)

It's not working yet.. I'm try to let VC sent the shoftcut (Ctrl = Shift + M) to Mediaportal, but is doesn't work.. I'll let you guys know when I make some progress..

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »
Ah, you browse music in shares view?
I'm using ID 504 and it takes me to Album Artist view. It's working fine now, somehow i had 'top 100' added under the command so it was expecting further commands after saying "browse music" presumably it was waiting for me to say top 100 I guess.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:26:25 PM by shango »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
If you folks can compile a list of window IDs that work well I will add it to the standard config.

Also if you have an actual key combo that works for a particular view I can probably help you set that up.  When I press ctrl-shift-M on my mediaportal nothing happens so I assume this is a custom key combo?

edit: sorry, missed part of your original post about the shortcut plugin...  I'll take a look at that.  It it's open source then maybe we can figure out what it does differently from mpwifi plugin if it opens stuff more smoothly.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:20:16 PM by jitterjames »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »
Not sure if you seen or missed it, marcel posted a link a few posts up showing all the standard window ID's in MP, doesnt include plugins though, I got the lyric ID from the streamed MP editor, when you select a plugin to add to your home screen it tells you what ID it has, I could post them all up if you wanted, StreamedMP supports almost all major plugins so will have most of them.

Maybe I'll create a thread in MP section with a list of them all. MP interest in Vox seems to be growing nicely so I'm sure many will want to jump to screens not included in Vox download.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 05:18:48 PM »
I saw it (thanks), and I was aware of it anyway having done a search for "mediaportal window ids" many times already :)

I was thinking more along the lines of a list of which ones worked, and possibly extra plugin IDs that are not in the standard list.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:48:50 PM by jitterjames »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
Created thread

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=707.0

Not sure if thats what you had in mind, just delete it if im on a different path to what you were thinking  :-\