Author Topic: ATV2 and Smart Playlist  (Read 3067 times)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
ATV2 and Smart Playlist
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:59:17 AM »
I am have the hardest time with XBMC Smart playlists on ATV2. When running the same playlist on the XBMC on the computer it work to perfection. When switching the IP address over to ATV2 it just show a Blank Video Library screen.

XBMC.LoadSmart smarts\MovieByName.xsp
XBMC.Send execbuiltin(ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,{path.vc}\VoxSmart.xsp,return))
VC.Pause 200
XBMC.Send action(2)

I've tried changing the window to Videolibrary, Video, Videos, etc. But still no luck

Can some please let me know what I am doing wrong?

-- giant image attachment removed --
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:58:06 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: ATV2 and Smart Playlist
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »
sorry, missed this post.

If you are running VC on a different machine from XBMC then you need to tell the XBMC machine where to find the modified smart playlist in terms of your network.

this line:

Code: [Select]
XBMC.Send execbuiltin(ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,{path.vc}\VoxSmart.xsp,return))
VC.Pause 200

where it says  {path.vc}\VoxSmart.xsp

is pointing XBMC to a smartplaylist using a local path, which will end up being comething like  c:\voxcommando\VoxSmart.xsp

so you would need to change it to something that tells XBMC where to find it on the network.  Assuming XBMC is allowed to access it, it would be something like

\\MyLaptop\c\voxcommand\VoxSmart.xsp

I have not tested this, it's possible that you need to use a different syntax that XBMC will understand, in order to find the file.

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:43:33 AM »
Ok, I get what you are saying. I will test this out today and let you know the results.

Thank you for your help

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 06:26:44 PM »
note that VC also has an action:   File.Copy

you might be able to use that to put the file somewhere easier for XBMC to reach.

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
I was able to get it to work using the SMB path:
execbuiltin(ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,smb://NICKMAIN-PC/Vox/VoxSmart.xsp,return))
Although it seems to loss access to the file after a while. I'm thinking it may have to do with my computer or the way I am sharing; Or just XBMC. So I'm going to try the File.Copy. Maybe I can Copy it to the ATV2 itself so that it will always have access

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 04:39:48 PM »
sounds like it is worth a shot, though I can't think why it would "lose access."

thanks for the update. :)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
So i don't think its losing access anymore. Its weird. If I tell it to Smart Playlist movies starring Halle Berry it will but then when i ask it to smart playlist action movies it will display the same Halle Berry movies. When I check the VoxSmart.xsp( to see what the last command) it displays the FindMovieGenre smart. So it should do it..I tried the other way around and it keeps displaying action movies...When testing this out 10 time it does this 6 times. The other 4 times it works fine. So i'm a little stumped. If its a configuration problem then why doesn't it do it all the time. If its an access problem then it wouldn't display it the first time.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard..lol

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
maybe you need to leave the current smart playlist you are viewing before you can load a new one?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 11:43:27 PM »
Maybe you need to put a vc.pause action between the loadsmart and the xbmc.execbuiltin action to make sure the file has been fully written.  It could be that xbmc is trying to open the file before it have been updated and so xbmc is using the old file.

For fun you could instead put a short tts.speaksync command in there to kill a second or two saying "loading your request" etc.