Author Topic: MediaPortal Configuration for 0.912  (Read 38402 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: MediaPortal Configuration for 0.912
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2012, 07:21:36 PM »
nice error report Shango  ::club

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
copy your old voicecommands.xml to a new file to be safe, then open it in the bin in the new version of VC.  Drag what you want over to the active tree.

there is no magical intelligent "merge" command that knows what's new, what's old and what's a custom command.  How many custom commands have you created?  How hard can it be?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
I'm trying this but VC crashes every time I try to copy one over, is there another way? that also seems a bit longwinded if you have lots of custom commands you want to copy over
Shango, you can use also ->Mainmenu "File" and then the "backup option". In the backup is the voicecommands.xml, there are all the commands contained.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »
VC crashes every time I try to copy one over

I only have that problem if MP is open  :-\

that also seems a bit longwinded

I agree - it took me a while to work out which commands I had created and altered and then to work out the best way to save them because in some cases I will be replacing commands in newer versions of VC and in others I will be adding commands that I have created  :-\ (and I have only just started playing around with this stuff..)

copy your old voicecommands.xml... then open it in the bin in the new version of VC.  Drag what you want over to the active tree.

That's an easy solution too but because ...

....there is no magical intelligent "merge" command that knows what's new, what's old and what's a custom command..

.. it means you still have to go through and work out what you've changed. It would be good if there was a way of automatically "marking" commands as being "custom" (or if VC magically knew  ;D ). At the moment I'm doing it manually by adding "CUSTOM" to the title of the command, then I set up the bin file so that the commands I have created or customised are in the same folders that they are in in the main tree (eg. MPWFIGeneral - Delete Recording CUSTOM). When I load a new version of VC I open the matching folders in the main tree and the bin file and copy the custom commands across which makes overwriting VC commands with my version easier. I could put the commands I have created into a "CUSTOM" folder but at the moment I "tie them in" with existing folders. Might not be the best way to do it but it works for me... NOTE: I have only done one upgrade (last night) so it's not like I'm talking with a lot of experience here!  ;D

Regards

Bleazle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2012, 11:04:40 PM »
I would probably put all my custom commands all in one folder.  Or if you put a distinct symbol in each like say a $ then you could use the find function at the top of the tree to highlight them all by searching for $

going forward from here though the standard configuration probably won't change that much so it might make more sense to just keep your configuration and if there are any new commands you can just import them.  If you look at XBMC and MediaMonkey the standard configurations that ship with VC haven't changed in a while.

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
..  Or if you put a distinct symbol in each like say a $ then you could use the find function at the top of the tree to highlight them all by searching for $...

That's why I use "CUSTOM" 9so I can search for all custom commands) - but "$" is quicker to type so I might change to that  ;D

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »
That is what I was planning to do was create a group for my added commands, as Bleazle mentioned though I have edited some of the standard ones.

Would it maybe be possible to open our voicecommands.xml, delete all of the current ones and then just drag the entire lot back in from the bin?
That would then and back all our custom commands and edited commands and just replace all the standard ones exactly as they were. Wouldn't have to worry about what you have added/modified and what is standard.

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
I have a problem..

The activate windows problem was solved.. But did a re-install of Mediaportal on my test machine, and can't figure out why it isn't working smooth anymore..

I'm using MP 1.2.2, VC 0.937 and the compiled version of Wifi remote..

It was working!!! :s don't know what to do.. Did I have missed something? Is the file changed or someting?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
That is what I was planning to do was create a group for my added commands, as Bleazle mentioned though I have edited some of the standard ones.

Would it maybe be possible to open our voicecommands.xml, delete all of the current ones and then just drag the entire lot back in from the bin?
That would then and back all our custom commands and edited commands and just replace all the standard ones exactly as they were. Wouldn't have to worry about what you have added/modified and what is standard.
I'm not sure I fully understand the steps that you are describing, but give it a try!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
It was working!!! :s don't know what to do.. Did I have missed something? Is the file changed or someting?
I don't think so.  Did you replace WifiRemote.dll in the MP process folder with the one from my dropbox?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »
just to be safe I recompiled it and am attaching to this post.  I haven't tested it but it is definitely using the guimessage fix and not the original activateWindow command.

I did notice that it looks like it is still using activateWindow for opening TV channels.  I don't know if that is a problem or not.  Obviously it is still using ActivateWindow for all calls that require a loadparameter like the ones to open a movie details page, or a movies or Tv view etc.  I have not found a solution for this and the MpWifi crew don't appear to be trying to do anything about it...  or maybe they are, who knows. ::confused
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:42:15 PM by jitterjames »

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2012, 08:52:53 PM »
Sorry to butt in, but is it possible to create a command which fires up the pictures slideshow? I've tried using the window ID but that didn't work (just got a black screen). Having said that I have got commands working using window ID's for InfoService (News), Weather & MVCentral (would be great to be able to jump to an artist.. needs to have a payload file created?) If it isn't possible can I clone the "launch MP" command and change the .exe file to launch a screensaver programme that I use? If so how do I enter the path name (the path is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Nostalgic.scr)

Also with regard to Recorded TV (NOTE: I use the ForTheRecord plugin) is there anyway to jump to a recorded programme (or folder in the case of multiple recordings)? I guess a payload will have to be created (& updated regularly)... next version of VC?  :)

Cheers

Bleazle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »
Sorry to butt in, but is it possible to create a command which fires up the pictures slideshow? I've tried using the window ID but that didn't work (just got a black screen). Having said that I have got commands working using window ID's for InfoService (News), Weather & MVCentral (would be great to be able to jump to an artist.. needs to have a payload file created?) If it isn't possible can I clone the "launch MP" command and change the .exe file to launch a screensaver programme that I use? If so how do I enter the path name (the path is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Nostalgic.scr)

Also with regard to Recorded TV (NOTE: I use the ForTheRecord plugin) is there anyway to jump to a recorded programme (or folder in the case of multiple recordings)? I guess a payload will have to be created (& updated regularly)... next version of VC?  :)

Cheers

Bleazle

No problem,

I included a command "Browse Pictures" in the Group called  "MP Windows (May Work)"
It opens window ID 2 and it works fine for me.  Something special about your picture setup?

as for recorded TV, I neither have a TV-Tuner, nor use the plugin "for the record" so "next version of VC" would be highly optimistic.  I have no idea how I would call something like that.  Can you look in your MP database folder and see if there is something created by "for the record", or some other database file that might contain information about your recorded TV and if so, send the file to me so I can have a look?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »
I think this thread has run it's course.  If there are any new questions please post them to new threads.  they don't belong here since we are no longer using 0.912.  Better to create a new topic for each issue I think.

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:59 PM »
I agree - I take it you will move this to a new thread?

..I included a command "Browse Pictures" in the Group called  "MP Windows (May Work)" It opens window ID 2 and it works fine for me.  Something special about your picture setup?

No, that works for me but all it does is bring up the the "MyPictures" plugin, I'm talking about launching the Pictures slideshow....

..as for recorded TV, I neither have a TV-Tuner, nor use the plugin "for the record" so "next version of VC" would be highly optimistic.  I have no idea how I would call something like that.  Can you look in your MP database folder and see if there is something created by "for the record", or some other database file that might contain information about your recorded TV and if so, send the file to me so I can have a look?

I've had a look and can't find anything - I'm going to run out of time to look into this today and then I'm going to be away for a long weekend (riding the motocross bikes with my boys this time  :) ) so I'll check it out next week when I get a chance  :)

Cheers

Bleazle