Author Topic: MediaPortal Configuration for 0.912  (Read 38224 times)

powermarcel10

• View Profile
Re: MediaPortal Configuration for 0.912
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2012, 10:54:35 AM »
I have a problem..

The activate windows problem was solved.. But did a re-install of Mediaportal on my test machine, and can't figure out why it isn't working smooth anymore..

I'm using MP 1.2.2, VC 0.937 and the compiled version of Wifi remote..

It was working!!! :s don't know what to do.. Did I have missed something? Is the file changed or someting?

I found the problem.. The problem was:

I had to delete "categoryid: 15" (see the image bellow)

Why is this categoryid there?

PS: I've already purchased the software, but are waiting for my activation code.. Do I received it by Email? I have sent an email allready to billing@voxcommando.com
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:57:47 AM by powermarcel10 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »
I found the problem.. The problem was:

I had to delete "categoryid: 15" (see the image bellow)

Why is this categoryid there?

PS: I've already purchased the software, but are waiting for my activation code.. Do I received it by Email? I have sent an email allready to billing@voxcommando.com
Yes that is a load parameter.  It is correct.  Categoryid 15 is "all movies", but because either MediaPortal or MPWifi has a bug in it, the use of the load parameters is not reliable.  I have noticed that it is worse on my 64bit system (not sure if it is related to the 64bit) and worse with the defaultwide skin.

If you remove the extra parameter (no problem it is optional which is why it is off-white color) then you will open Moving Pictures with no load parameter which will work but it will go to the default page, or the last page you were on.  If the load param bug gets fixed, we will be able to use this and not only say "browse movies" but "browse favourite movies" "browse movie genres" "browse studios" etc. and call up any Moving Pictures view.  the same applies to Tv-Series plugin.

I got your email, I will email you back in a minute.

edit: the reason you cannot activate is that you paid by eCheck which takes 4-6 days to go through.  I will set you up manually though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:11:18 AM by jitterjames »

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
Thanks a lot jitterjames a for the activation code.. Really apriciate it.. Thanks for the trust.. :)

Now i understand the whole load parameter problem.. It was easier to setup if every catogory had his own ID because open ID's is going very well.. I'm happy with the way it works now, but indeed; it would be really nice to open the categories with voice also..

What's the latest version of the compiled wifi remote that this could be solved?

EDIT: I'm also using 64 bit on both machines.. I'm using StreamedMP skin, so it's not skin related I think because you have the samed issue with the default skin.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:47:07 AM by powermarcel10 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »
I'm not sure why my compiled wifiremote dll is version 0.5 (I know why in a sense, but  I thought I found the latest sources)  I will check again if there are newer sources that I can modify.

I wonder if the load parameter is only a problem on 64 bit.  If anyone else can please report if you have problem with ActivateWindow and load parameter and whether you use Win7 or Vista, and 64 or 32 bit.  That could potentially help a lot in preparing a thorough error report for MediaPortal and wifiremote.

I have similar problems with StreamedMP, it just seems to take longer for visual weirdness to show up when using StreamedMP than with defaultWide skin.

What's the latest version of the compiled wifi remote that this could be solved?
I don't understand the question...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »