Author Topic: Mediaportal Support  (Read 33044 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Mediaportal Support
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:09 AM »
Hey I just wanted to give you an update.  I am making progress with VoxCommando and MediaPortal.

It stills needs a lot of work, but I have a test plugin for VoxCommando that is talking to wifiremote.  I have also started to modify the wifiremote code to add new functionality.  So far I have figured out how to request music, so that will definitely be a feature.  You'll be able to request music as with XBMC or MediaMonkey

Commands like this will be possible:

- play artist "abc"
- play song "def"
- play album "xyz"

and pretty much anything else that we can do with an sql query

"play 5 star jazz that I have not heard for a week" etc...

that's all I've figured out for now.  I need to look into requesting playlists by name.

then there is the genXML code for mediaPortal which I haven't even looked at yet.

Video is a whole other challenge for the future, although wifiremote already supports playing any file if you know the filename so that at least will be possible for sure.

I will probably release the plugin along with the first plugin-ready version of VoxCommando some time in the next 10 days, even though it will probably have limited functionality (i.e. music and buttons only)

I figure once I've got the music commands working it will make it easier to develop interest, and get help from the makers of other plugins like Moving Pictures and MP TV-series and help them understand what I'm trying to accomplish.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
Oh, and we're going to need beta testers too.

are there any other MediaPortal users other than Dachkennel that want to help with testing?

Shukuyen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
Oh wow, I thought I subscribed to this thread ... Sorry for not answering here!
If you want to see your code in the official WifiRemote just open issues on Google Code and attach patch files. If you are interested I can give you write access to svn after some patches when we are on the same page coding-style-wise ;-)

Let me know if I can help with anything, even if I don't answer in IRC I will read it later on. And of course I can help beta test if you want me! Your progress sounds really intriguing.

Bye,
Shukuyen.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »
no worries.  I'll have a patch for you soon, and also a new version of VC to test.

thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »
Hi.  I added some patch files as an issue, but accidentally marked them as a defect... sorry.

Dachkennel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »
Hi James,

now i have a litlle bit more time to get into testing it with MP. I hope i can give feedback within this week :)
Has your work already implemented to the newest Voxcommando version or may i have to download it seperatly?

Greets,
Dachkennel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
I will upload a new version of VoxCommando with new VC plugins, and a new version of wifiremote plugin for mediaPortal soon.

make sure you are subscribed to this topic and I will announce it here when it is ready.

I might upload something later today or tomorrow.

Things will continue to evolve as we move forward.  It looks like we have good control over music.  We can also find a movie in MovingPictures but that is about it for MovingPictures so far.  I have created a bit of a hack for TvSeries temporarily that lets you find a TvSeries by name, but for certain, this will have to be updated.  It depends on what we can get the devs of these other plugins to do for us.

In terms of other areas of MediaPortal like EPG I know nothing of this and I don't have a TV tuner so it will be a bit trickier to add support for this I think.  wifiremote has a function to change the channel though.

I have not looked at pictures yet.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »
if you don't already have the mediaportal wifiremote plugin install that.

Then replace the file WifiRemote.dll   (which should be in ...Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process) with the one in the attached .zip

edit: outdated attachment removed, see: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=614.0
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:43:43 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:56 AM »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »
What an overwhelming response...  :bonk

Here's a german version for MediaPortal.  Many thanks to Kalle for translating.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:20:54 PM by jitterjames »

Shukuyen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 05:52:29 PM »
It's working now :) Had to lower the accept rate to about 40%, but it gets me right anyway.
Just having some problems with "move left", "move right" and so on, they are sometimes recognized but don't do anything?

Playing a movie with "Spiele Film xy" (play movie xy) is working, too. Is there a list of available commands?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 06:16:35 PM »
click "help" >> "Generate Help Menu"

this will create an html document and open it with all commands on it.

The other way to see the commands is to click "Edit" and browse the tree.  Here you can also change the phrases used to trigger commands.

In this configuration the move commands are using keyboard emulation (arrow keys) which should affect the currently focused application on whatever machine VC is running on.  You can change that to use wifiremote commands instead if mediaportal is on a different machine.

I am surprised you are only getting 40%.  Even I was able to get 40% and I don't speak German!

Shukuyen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 07:03:55 PM »
Yeah I get 70% most of the time, but I think my microphone doesn't record loud enough (it works well with these settings in all other programs, so I won't change it). I will try to change it to WifiRemote.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 07:10:43 PM »
I find speech usually works pretty well with low input level, so it may actually be that your voice is too loud.  A little quick training session in windows speech never hurts.  In English I usually get 90+ for anything that I say unless I'm really not speaking clearly or there is a lot of background noise, or of course if I'm just saying a command that doesn't exits :)   It's hard to keep track sometimes with all the different configurations for different programs and all the testing that I do.

Shukuyen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »
Ok, will have a look at training on the weekend ;)
The only thing from the help that didn't work as I expect it to is "finde ungesehene episoden von x" (find unwatched episodes of x). This always takes me to the series overview, but not to the details of a series ...