Author Topic: IRC channel  (Read 1812 times)

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
IRC channel
« on: January 30, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
James

Would an IRC channel not be usefull for support questions and further development ?
Granted there won't be much people on it for now, but I see us talking in several posts in the last hour where everyone is replying to eachother's post within a reasonable "almost realtime" way as if we are spamming the F5 button :D

Or ... would you rather have it all combined in the different forums so that there is a written "log" to search for later use ?

Just throwing this out there ...

regards
Challenge us at your own peril!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: IRC channel
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
the written, searchable log is very important to me.  It is one of the reasons i spend so much time on the forum.  If someone asks me for help via email or pm I get annoyed by that.

Also, this level of activity in a single day is unusual, at least up until recently.  I suppose it could continue, but it is also a sunday thing.

I don't need another thing I need to monitor!

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
Understandable.

Forum it is ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »
the forum is also in desperate need of thoughtful moderators.  It is really quite a mess.  It has all been a bit "stream of consciousness".  Topics tend to wander off on tangents.  Then there's the other languages issue.  We have separate boards for other languages but they often turn into english.  I don't even know how I would clean it up, assuming I had the time.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »
I can help if you want.  Just ask.

For the record I speak and write french, dutch and english fluently, and speak a little swedish also ;)

regards

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 08:39:21 PM »
Wow, you are one of those guys eh? Good for you.  Some days I can barely speak English.  We have a google doc for translations.  If you would like to contribute translations for either French or Dutch that would be cool.  Email me and I'll send you the link to the shared google doc.

I'm thinking the best way to document the actions and parameters is to start within the xml code that defines it.  that way we can keep it controlled and organized better.  Let me work on it a bit.  Then we can use that as a basis for a wiki.  If you or others wanted to try to write a page on one or two of the common actions though, that would be fine too and I'll be sure to check them and contribute corrections or answer any questions that come up.

Thanks

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Email send, I'm off to bed.