Author Topic: some questions /problems with the 0.862 version of vc  (Read 4762 times)

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
some questions /problems with the 0.862 version of vc
« on: December 25, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »
Hi James

It's me again ;-)... i thought i'd start a new topic in the general section instead of using the very long 0.862 thread.

first off all i'd like to wish you and all in here a merry christmas and a happy new year!.....

could it be that prefix mode is not working as it should anymore ? i can trigger voice commands while having VC in off mode just fine! shouldn't off actually be OFF ?

i've set my confidence level to 90 (i'm still using the English recognition engine) and it's quite hard for me to get a 90 confidence level with my own voice for some command..... but then.... all of a sudden VC recognized:

"freddy enable audio xbmc"  (whereas "freddy" is my prefix!) just by listening to music on a normal volume level!!!? how can that be ? or better said... how can i train vc to not cause so much false positives... which happen quite often since a few weeks!?

i've already deleted my voice profile and redid the initial training but no look!

how is that "learning mode" supposed to work in VC ?

Cheers

Marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: some questions /problems with the 0.862 version of vc
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »
Helllo again Derelict, :D

Please read this first:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.msg1635#msg1635

I don't know why such a thing would happen.  I'm not sure what you mean by off mode.  Are you saying that you can trigger commands using a prefix when in red mode?  Or are you saying that you can trigger commmands without a prefix when in yellow mode?  I'll be releasing a "real" version like 0.87 in early Jan so I will try to check to make sure this stuff is working properly, but if you can give me more details / testing that would be great.

Starting a new profile is a good idea, and of course making sure that the new one is selected as the active one.  Then you should do a rebuild / Save / restart.  The first thing you should do after creating a new profile is to run Microsoft's training session at least once.  After that, only use "Learning Mode" in VC when you are in a quiet environment.  that is why it is OFF by default.  Once you have got it working well, it is best to leave learning off, or it will start to weird things and screw up your profile.

I don't know the details of your audio setup, but you might want to experiment with a lower microphone input level.

Happy Holidays!

J.

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »
I don't know why such a thing would happen.  I'm not sure what you mean by off mode.  Are you saying that you can trigger commands using a prefix when in red mode?  Or are you saying that you can trigger commmands without a prefix when in yellow mode?  I'll be releasing a "real" version like 0.87 in early Jan so I will try to check to make sure this stuff is working properly, but if you can give me more details / testing that would be great.

yes... i can trigger commands using a prefix while VC is in RED mode.

Starting a new profile is a good idea, and of course making sure that the new one is selected as the active one.  Then you should do a rebuild / Save / restart.  The first thing you should do after creating a new profile is to run Microsoft's training session at least once.  After that, only use "Learning Mode" in VC when you are in a quiet environment.  that is why it is OFF by default.  Once you have got it working well, it is best to leave learning off, or it will start to weird things and screw up your profile.

ok... will give it a new shot then.

I don't know the details of your audio setup, but you might want to experiment with a lower microphone input level.

i'm using the PS3 Eye Cam for the microphone... which was working quite well the last few months... i don't know what happend the last few weeks... i just get false positives very often... and i can't change the mic level with the ps3 mic i guess ?!

Marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:51:39 AM »
That is true, you can't adjust volume levels with the ps3 eye.  The only thing you can do is move it further from the source of your sound / make sure it is pointed away from your speakers etc.

It should never ever do anything when in red mode (off).  If that is happening, either something is very very wrong or you have another version of VC running that you forgot about (this has happened to me more than once).  If you haven't already, do a full reboot, unplug and replug your ps3eye, and see what happens.  When we switch to red mode VC should completely disconnect from the speech engine.  It is possible I guess that it is trying to disconnect but failing to for some reason, but if that happens it should pop up an error messagebox.

I just did a quick test with my current unreleased version and I don't have any weird behaviour with red mode or prefix mode.  It seems to work as expected but I am not using my ps3eye.  I could plug it in and test with it, but in the past I didn't have problem with it.  

If you can consistently trigger commands when in red mode, then zip your folder and send it to me just in case.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 04:05:02 PM by jitterjames »

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 05:31:52 PM »
Sadly... I already tried all of what you've suggested with no luck so far.

Before i zip everything up... Do you have a 862 version which is supposed to work (no prefix commands in red mode)?? I can try first?

Cheers marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.msg1688#msg1688

I've never seen it happen with ANY version, and no one else has reported this issue.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
hmmm.  now I'm seeing this happen on my laptop. Very weird.

I will try to get to the bottom of it.

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »
i'm glad that you are having the same issue.... i just started to think that the issue is sitting behind the keyboard and on top of the chair ;-)

let me know, if i can test anything !

marcel

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
.....also... i have 13597 songs in my xbmc database.... but VC says 0 song while generation the xml files (all other xbmc related genxml parts work fine but songs)

marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 02:17:48 PM »
i'm glad that you are having the same issue.... i just started to think that the issue is sitting behind the keyboard and on top of the chair ;-)

let me know, if i can test anything !

marcel
This seems to be yet another Microsoft bug, that started when I added the code to pre-compile the voice commands.  This is what allows VC to load very quickly.  I can make a quick fix that will prevent VC from acting on commands but the engine will still be listening which means it is wasting CPU cycles, so not ideal.  I am trying to find a proper solution.  If I can't I'll upload a patch that at least stops it from acting on commands.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 02:26:17 PM »
.....also... i have 13597 songs in my xbmc database.... but VC says 0 song while generation the xml files (all other xbmc related genxml parts work fine but songs)

marcel
This is probably one of 3 things

1) VC is timing-out before your whole list can be dellivered by XBMC (a combination of:  list very long / connection too slow / timeout period not long enough).  I can try increasing the timeout for you.

2) There is a problem with your XBMC database.  Try pasting this into your address bar of your browser (you should be prompted for username / password if you set up xbmc to use them):
http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=querymusicdatabase(select%20strtitle%20from%20Song)

3) Something in one of your song titles is breaking the transfer / making the data not xml readable.

Let's check #2, then #1.  If it is #3 it is going to be a bit harder to track down...

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »
Hi James

1: connection is 100Mb/s ?!
2: gives me an unformatted list of songs (don't if the list contains all of them)

any update about the VC in red mode issue ?

Marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »
getting there.

try this.

You can set the time-out in XBMC options, but the default of 3000 ms should be enough I think.

The off mode should really be off now.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
James,

Hello, i have this error now, with this new version 0.867
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:57:54 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »
use 0.867 from this thread (not 0.87).  It works fine for me.  If you still have a problem, check your settings, password etc.