Author Topic: Files attached to Forum Posts  (Read 1357 times)

dragomanjk

• View Profile
Files attached to Forum Posts
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:34:40 PM »
The latest version of VoxCommando is an attachment to a forum post.
The voice commands for XBox are an attachment to a forum post.

Attachments on the forum are only visible and downloadable after you have signed in, signed up and are approved. (which is delayed).

It's a lot of work for someone that just wants to try out the program.  The first time I heard about it working with XBMC, I downloaded the program, it didn't work very well, I quit.  It wasn't till I saw a youtube video of it working that I looked into it more and realized you need more files than the download link has.  I think you are putting of your user base by not providing all of your files.

Solution : Put the files on the website, all versions, updates, etc.  For forum posts, link to hotfile.com (or a free file upload service that anyone can use, public dropbox link, etc) or let forum attachments be visible to all.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Files attached to Forum Posts
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »
you are absolutely right.  I am already working on this and hope to get version out today for the main site.

Currently the MediaMonkey version is the only one that is good to go on the main website.

I am working on a generic version, and an xbox version for the main website.

In general, I will continue to post the latest versions only to the forum, for testing and feedback, but the versions online have been neglected for too long and the situation needs to be remedied.

thanks for the suggestion.