Author Topic: Help Needed To Set Audio Output It Doesn't Seem To Work For Me On VC SP 2.1.4.5  (Read 6436 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed To Set Audio Output It Doesn't Seem To Work For Me On VC SP 2.1.4.5

just trying to figure how this question is related to open-air mic forum  :bonk :bonk :bonk !!!
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
just trying to figure how this question is related to open-air mic forum  :bonk :bonk :bonk !!!

@Haddood That creative thinking process would be better spent on a solution to the question if it isn't immediately obvious how multiple TTS output is related to open air mics.

Unless you want to guess whether vox has heard you through an open air mic system you will need auditory feedback from the system. Imagine you have mics in all rooms, you have been sat in front of your comp with vox running and told it to stop listening, you've gone to the kitchen and forgot it isn't in listening mode.

You are issuing your commands and reminders like remember to buy milk, lights on, microwave start and nothing is happening, you then have to go back to your room with vox running because you have no auditory feedback.

Now here's a situation from Today which I will be using to build a group for calling emergency services with Skype for fire, ambulance and police emergencies.

Today I was working on some home automation in the front room when I noticed flames over the fence in my neighbors garden, I thought she may be burning something and looked to make sure because it looked close to her fence.

It turns out her fence was on fire, now I opened the patio doors and yelled her because her windows always open, to get her attention, she never replied so I ran around.

If I had the group set up already for calling emergency services with Skype, then I could of said CALL FIRE SERVICE FOR 76 at which point Skype would of been dialled on the comp.

Since Skype syncs on multiple devices like my mobile I could of then taken the call after someone answered and let them know about the fire or the computer could of stated the emergency and hung up.

Since the TTS output was coming through the TV that is no use to me while I am running around to knock on my neighbors door, that is where multiple simultaneous TTS output would serve well, since my watch I wear all the time now for voice control would of let me know the emergency services were dialled or when connected.

The Bluetooth mic/speaker in the garden on the table would also receive the TTS output and kept me in the loop as to whether my call had been made or answered.

As soon as I had ran around my neighbors and made sure she knew and a fire engine was called, I ran straight back to mine, grabbed my garden hose, turned it on and jumped the fence to help her son fight the flames, below is her son fighting the flames before I got there and before the trees all went up and the rest of the fence.

If I only have one TTS in operation it is a huge limitation for an open air mic system. Now since Todays events have brought up the issue of home safety and sensors, I will be integrating a smoke alert / fire alert system, I will need TTS output for that, but I will need TTS again for multiple rooms.

So the bedroom wireless mics and speakers get the audio output of any issues and the same for my home alarm system where I want to issue audio output from TTS, I need it to go through the front room, passage, kitchen, back room speakers etc.

So quit :bonk yourself with that and get the thinking cap on to crack this multiple TTS output.  8) For anyone who wondered, I am okay although I did have a few hot leaves and branch ambers drop on me while trying to put out the flames  since I was stood directly under the burning tree in a vest with the hose.

Believe me if I find the parts to turn on a tap by radio control I will be setting up an outside fire suppression system to put the sheds out if they ever catch fire from a similar situation, they were almost gonners, look at the ashe on the umbrella above.

The sheds are next to the fence so if the fire had reached my garden it would of took them out and then the house.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:09:15 AM by Simeon Tuitt »
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
the issue is with multiple Bluetooth ... if you had normal speakers ... multiple sound cards ... voice meeter can do the trick ... or even send the output, change device send again ...etc. till you loop through all of them ... unless you find a Bluetooth bridge that can connect to multiple outputs ..it is gonna be a real  :bonk :bonk

in my case, I have wired solution using XAP800 ... and that allows me to know from which mic the command is coming ...and direct the output to that place ...

maybe that can solve your issue ... a hardware mixer connected to multiple Bluetooth streamers, each connected to a device (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-A2DP-3-5mm-Stereo-Music-HiFi-Audio-Dongle-Adapter-Transmitter-/400949441748) or multiple sounde cards connected each connected to one of those ... and voice meeter or VAC

as for the water thing ... there are expensive building sprinklers solutions, or less expensive garden irrigation systems that can be modified  >:D ... it would be super cool if VC starts putting off fire !!!

I hope nobody got hurt in that fire

and multiple tts output has nothing to do with open-air mic ... as you can have one mic ... and multiple speakers ... or have multiple mics that are not open-air, where you have to walk to the wall and press a button and speak  :P
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:54:14 AM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
If you can pair multiple Bluetooth devices to your PC simultaneously then voicemeeter should work.