Author Topic: Help Needed To Set Audio Output It Doesn't Seem To Work For Me On VC SP 2.1.4.5  (Read 6433 times)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation
Hi Guys,

I need some help setting the speech output for vox, I tried it on the standard version and the SP version and no joy, I want to switch vox audio output so if I am using my smart watch or Bluetooth headset, rather than listening to the watch or Bluetooth speaker I can say talk through the TV or other speaker device.

I have a payload list that was created in standard version with the different audio names and I have added phrases separated by commas for different names for the devices, although tried just single names by themselves and that doesn't work either.

I have added commands to say talk through the PAYLOAD NAME so it will select the relevant one from the payload list, although I have tried creating just the commands by themselves using ACTION: AudioEndpoint.SetByName followed by name of output device and still the audio doesn't switch from my TV to the named device.

Any tips on getting the audio output set so I can say set audio name and have it set voxs audio output or can I see your audio output command if you have it working and I should be able to workout whats going on with mine from it.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Sim  8)
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Hi Simeon, what did the VC history window show when you tried it?
I've tried it and it works.
Are you sure you use the correct device name?
Use the action "AudioEndpoint.GetList" followed by "OSD.ShowText" to get the right device names (use not the names in the brackets).
Get also sure you have set in VC Options Menu -> Windows Settings -> Speech to Text -> advanced: Use preferred audio output device

here is the command (you must change the audiodevice names to your needs in the payload list)

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.5.1-->
<command id="310" name="set audio output" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>AudioEndpoint.SetByName</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>{1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>VC.Pause</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>100</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>output changed to {1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>talk through</phrase>
  <payloadList>audiodevice1, audiodevice2, audiodevice3</payloadList>
</command>
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:54:38 AM by jitterjames »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando

I have a payload list that was created in standard version with the different audio names and I have added phrases separated by commas for different names for the devices, although tried just single names by themselves and that doesn't work either.

You really must post your XML to show us what you are doing.  Most likely you are doing something wrong, but it's difficult for us to identify exactly what you are doing wrong based on a description.  Much easier (for everyone) just to send us XML for the command you made.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support (specifically see: "When You Ask")

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Hi Guys, here is the XML, I didn't create it its the default one that came with this version of vox, it isn't giving me any device names when clicking run command 'get devices by matches' and when I created the xml in standard it automatically gave a payload list with device names but in the new one when I create a new payload list it is completely empty with nothing in, so had to move over the payload list from the standard version.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:52:42 AM by Simeon Tuitt »
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
I tried the group and everything works.

Did you enabled the Audioendpoint plugin in VC Options->Plugin tab?
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
If you just want to change which output the TTS is delivered on, the correct action to use is TTS.SetOutput, not the AudioEndpoint plugin !
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:13:42 PM by jitterjames »

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Thanks both of you.  8) Hi @Kalle, yes that plugin was enabled but I went through lots of different tests and variations and checked the wiki because the current commands should of worked for me as they did you, so maybe it is down to my version of windows, using windows 8.1 on a MINIX.

The Jedi master James has sorted it though, changing the Audio endpoint code that was already included in the ACTIONS to the TTS output has fixed the issue perfectly. I just shot a video to show it in action on a bluetooth smart watch, these things are great as you can see as a means of issuing commands to vox and it is only a £14 ($20) smart watch, so you could grab a few for the family.  8)

What would I need to do to get dual TTS output, so to two or more different devices, I would like to have the Bluetooth speaker in the kitchen also get the output.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:46:10 PM by Simeon Tuitt »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
You've mentioned this $20 watch before.  It looks like an interesting option...

Could you please post a link or some other information for the specific model that you are using.

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Yes, please give us more info on the smart watch. I am in the market for one to do exactly what you are doing.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Hi James and Keith, yeah the watch is the U8 Bluetooth Smart Watch, I got mine from this seller but you could grab one from anywhere, just search for the cheapest seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331516971964

Basically any Bluetooth smart watch should work though as long as it has a speaker and microphone, they are all designed to be paired to a mobile and answer the mobile with a hands free speaker. So when you scan with your computers Bluetooth it pics up the smart watch and shows it has a mic and speaker, so you can use it for audio input into vox.

I needed the TTS audio output because if you try and output the system audio through the watch it sends it ino a crazy loop as the mic hears itself when you speak, with the TTS output through it, both mic and speaker can be used.

I just ordered another Bluetooth watch on Monday that is a different make, it was only £10 ($15), but has a mic and speaker built in also, so going to see what this is like for a microphone.

Here is that model, but I will update you guys on what it is like after I have played around with it, hopefully arrive tomos.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271678241842

They all have a 10 meter or full room range, although I can leave front room and go to the kitchen, but as a device to control the front room it's cool, if your Bluetooth auto reconnects when returning within range of pc you won't even notice the disconnection.  8)

The watch in video above, battery lasts a good two days on standby, got mine last Friday and didn't need to charge it until sometime Sunday after playing with it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:14:46 PM by Simeon Tuitt »

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Thank you for the link.  Just ordered one.  The price is right at $19.75. 

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
You're welcome keith, let us know how you get on when you have yours linked up.  8)

Foggy

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Hi All,

Just recv'd my U8. The instructions appear to tell me that I need to download some Bluetooth software from the Play store. Both links I have in the instructions do not go anywhere. Can any one give me a proper link?

Best wishes.

James.

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Hi Foggy, you do not need any of the apps to use the U8 as a Bluetooth mic from your comp because it comes with Bluetooth and pairing built in, the apps mentioned in the instructions are just in case you want to use any of the other features like sleep monitor and the fitness stuff.

You can find the apps on play by putting in their name to play search, I've not installed it myself as I am only using my watch to link to the computers for voice control. Go to Bluetooth settings on your computer and scan and it will find your smart watch or go to the Bluetooth section of your U8 and scan for your computer when in discoverable mode and pair them both.

Drop us an update and let us know how you get on, be sure to set the watch as recording device or mic input in vox to use it.  8)

If my post came through more than once it is because my internet connection has been hanging all day and said it wasn't sent, had to reboot the comp and was just about to post a reply but see it is already here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:46:43 PM by Simeon Tuitt »

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Hi Guys, is there a way to set multiple TTS output devices, so I have two smart watches now and a Bluetooth speaker with mic in the kitchen, I would like to be able to set the TTS output from vox to go through all of them so I can hear on all devices.

Otherwise if I say TALK THROUGH THE WATCH and take speech output away from the TV, anyone else left in the room can't hear vox, so need to work out how to get the TTS output coming through multiple devices simultaneously.

I have tried all devices separated by commas in the payload list as the value but that's not worked for sending audio through all of that payload with an activation phrase. So any suggestions I can test appreciated.

Cheers.
Sim  8)