Author Topic: Oauth  (Read 1505 times)

garryjw

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Oauth
« on: January 19, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »
Hi James/Nime5tar

I haven't posted in a while because things have just been working for me. I've recently been given a tellstick.net to work with and this doesn't work with my Tellstick script as it isn't controllable locally but can only be used with the Telldus live service.

There is a pretty full api for this service but they all involve using OAuth to register first. I'm trying to think how I would do this in VC. I could obviously code something but I was thinking there must be some way to do it with the standard plugins.

All the best
Garry

p.s. we ought to do a follow up on TheDigitalLifestyle soon

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Oauth
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:34:01 PM »
It might be possible with our scrape actions.  Using Scrape.Post and Scrape.Get you might be able to get it working but it would require some knowledge of their api and probably a lot of experimentation.  Failing that I guess you would need to use python or write a VC plugin.

If you want to do that I would be happy to help.

Since we don't have a Teldus.net and cannot even get them in Canada it is a bit tricky for us to do anything on our own.

Take a look at our Nest commands for ideas on how to use the Scrape actions to do more advanced stuff.  It is still tricky and no easier than programming really.

I would be happy to do another podcast with you.  We can talk about that more in private if you like.  I'm not sure how much I can offer in the way of new material though. :D

garryjw

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:02:41 AM »
Hi James

Thanks for this. That all makes sense and looks like its not worth  the effort to go the Scrape route. I've knocked up a VC  friendly version of one of the sample Telldus Live Python apps which seems to be working (well at least the list devices functionality is) - I need to check with Telldus if I can share it.

I will chat with Ian at theDigtalLifestyle about the show and contact you privately - I think there is lots to talk about - all the new plug ins -Arduino etc.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:44:53 PM »
I see many APIs with Oauth authorization ... would it be cool if we have some VC commands that handles this like scrape ... one give url, user and password ... receive a token in a map, ready to be used in other commands !!
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »
Yeah, it would be great.