Author Topic: Something cool I found when coding the TTS  (Read 2269 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Something cool I found when coding the TTS
« on: July 01, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
Model Talker lets (or will let?) you create your own custom TTS (Text to Speech) synthesizer.   Amazing!  I'm sure even I would sound better than Microsoft's Sam or Anna.
http://www.modeltalker.com/

intro text from the site:
The ModelTalker System is a revolutionary speech synthesis software package designed to benefit people who are losing or who have already lost their ability to speak. It allows people with ALS or other conditions to use a synthetic version of their own voice for communication, or to choose a voice best suited to represent them...

Native

• View Profile
Re: Something cool I found when coding the TTS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
I just signed up, downloading as we speak and will have a play. Gimme a yell if you want me to up the packages somewhere ;)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »
I just signed up, downloading as we speak and will have a play. Gimme a yell if you want me to up the packages somewhere ;)

You're all "hook line and sinker" now aren't you?!  I expect a full report in the morning. :D

Native

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:46:43 AM »
..lol..guess i am, and maybe i'll lear now cos the thing is..politely.."buggy". (Not so politely, crap!)
Two seperate programs, first for recording your own voice/tts, in a completely silent room (it was midnite gone), had it as too noisy (several attempts) and wouldn't continue. Doesn't bode well for real world performance.
The second prog, the ModelTalker, failed to start citing a missing .dll.  I found the .dll in the recorder part folder and managed to get it going. Was just beginning to mess when it crashed. Tried again and had maybe five minutes before the next crash, so i went to bed instead.
Ho hum, live n' learn. I'll keep an eye on it periodically.