Author Topic: possible bug with xml payload  (Read 8271 times)

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
possible bug with xml payload
« on: October 09, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »
hi james

i've created a xml file based payload (phrases and values) which contains all my devices which are controllable in my homecinema.

i'm using it as a payload in two commands.... as soon as i use it in a third command i get an unhandled exception thrown: " rule reference not defined in this grammar.

also... when i right click and copy my xml payload definition in a command i get a pop up windows with the number 2 in it ?!

Marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: possible bug with xml payload
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 07:39:26 PM »
i've created a xml file based payload (phrases and values) which contains all my devices which are controllable in my homecinema.

i'm using it as a payload in two commands.... as soon as i use it in a third command i get an unhandled exception thrown: " rule reference not defined in this grammar.
that sounds like a fun one! :bonk  If you don't mind, zip up your whole folder, add a .jpg (to get it past gmail) as the file extension and email it to me.  Or you can just .rar it gmail only hates .zip nor .rar

also... when i right click and copy my xml payload definition in a command i get a pop up windows with the number 2 in it ?!
yes, that's a remnant from debugging.  I've removed it from the current version which I hope to post in the next couple of days.  But don't let it bother you  ;D

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 07:52:34 PM »
email sent :-)

thank you for your effort !!

marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »

I haven't tracked down the cause yet, but a workaround seems to be to move the 3rd command into a new group.

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »
thanks for the feedback.... i'll give it try.

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:46:06 AM »
update: i have created a new group for each of the four payload commands and so far it seems to at least load them without errors.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 03:18:13 PM »
Explain to me how you manage your devices with the vox, I was interested if you can send your configuration file, I see how you did, you can attach the file in the same post, thanks
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 05:43:33 PM »
which devices?

The TV I control with eventGhost.  I have a wmc remote that has an ir blaster on it.   There is a wire that runs to the ir receiver of the tv and a small ir emmitter is taped there.  I use the EG plugin created by Stottle for this.

I turn the lights, fan and stereo on and off with x10.  X10 is by far the cheapest homevautomation stuff available, but it has a lot of drawbacks too.  Controlling the x10 stuff is very simple using a command line utility that comes with the x10 sdk.  You can send simple commands using VC Launch with parameters.  I can provide more info if you are more specific about what you are interested in.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
James, vou postar em português, eu já havia visto o filme em que mostra o comando de seus aparelhos eletrônicos através do vox, mas aquilo me pareceu algo muito sofisticado, eu uso controle de iluminação via Infrared, também possuo um controle WMC com blaster, e ainda tenho o controle remoto do PS3 - blue tooth que uso para controlar o xbmc via eventghost (funcioma super bem, mas o consumo de pilhas é absurdo.
Minha sala tem receiver onkyo, blu ray oppo bd 83, ps3, projetor full hd da optoma, além do próprio htpc. Tenho um controle remoto da Logitech o Harmony 880...enfim, é uma sala dedicada com muitos equipamentos para controlar, voz eu acho sensacional, mas minha experiência com hardware e voz é quase nulo.
Sou apenas um curioso em saber como funciona...não tenho automação X10, mas sei do que se trata.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:30:22 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 06:48:23 AM »
for me this is:

i use eventghost to automate everything in my homecinema through either serial connection or ir (using usb-uirt). I do use voxcommando to say for instance: activity <xbmc> on <beamer> .... for <xbmc> and <beamer> i've created an xml file based payload to trigger eventhost macros.

The reason for choosing the xml file based "approach" is simply because i'm to lazy... and i'd like to define my devices and possible destination screen only once in vc :-)

Marcel

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »
this is a very large topic.  If you are interested in controlling a variety of devices, then it is worth taking some time to learn more about how to use eventGhost.  Any action in EventGhost can be initiated (and passed payloads) by VoxCommando.  VoxCommando can also be controlled by eventGhost.  If you have any specific questions I will try to help.

The one thing I will mention off the top of my head, is that I have a ps3 remote that I find extremely useful.  It is true that the battery life is very poor, but I have installed a simple switch on mine and if I remember to turn it off when I am not using it it lasts much longer.  Also, if you have a Widcomm bluetooth device, I think there is a version of the ps3 plugin for eventGhost that will automatically put the remote to sleep when not in use.  There is a long thread about this on the EG forums.  I also, use rechargeable batteries with my ps3 remoted and if you have 4, you can swap them 2 for 2 every few days.  It's worth it, because I really love the responsiveness of this remote, and the layout of the buttons.

I don't have any experience with serial devices (rs-232).  For any particular device that you want to control there is probably a plugin and a forum thread dedicated to it, on the EG forums.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »
btw it is possible to have x10 control directly from VC, but since there is no demand for it I will not add the extra code to VC.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »
Obrigado pelas dicas, penso que isto possa lhe interessar: Já que estão implementado no eventghost, suporte a JsonRPC para controle do XBMC .
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1562&start=145

Eu testei e funcionou perfeitamente, vou seguir suas dicas para o controle do PS3.

Vou ler e me inteirar melhor no forum do Eventghost.

www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »
let me know if you discover any useful functions in that plugin that we are not already able to do directly from VC

derelict

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 12:06:54 PM »
Also, if you have a Widcomm bluetooth device, I think there is a version of the ps3 plugin for eventGhost that will automatically put the remote to sleep when not in use. 

or use the "BD Remote Power Manager" tool (google for it) if you're NOT running on windows 7 x64!

am i hijacking my own thread ?  :bonk

Marcel