Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 2289 times)

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Podcasts
« on: August 04, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
Hi -- hope everyone is well.  I continue to tinker with VC and am so impressed with all the things it can do!  On Media Monkey -- is there a way to accurately play podcasts (which are usually the same name, but with a different date attached to each episode) that are available in MM?  I tried play song "podcast name" -- but it doesn't find it.  Couldn't find any info on this through search and looking at the topics on the Media Monkey support forum for VC. 

Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »
Sorry,  this post snuck by without me seeing it.

Look in MediaMonkey at the podcast info.  What is the value for "Title"?  You should be able to say "play song <title>" with a podcast, as with any other track in your library.  Most podcasts also have

The podcast needs to actually be downloaded to your library in MM, and then you need to periodically use GenXML to update information about any new tracks that you have added since the last time you did a GenXML.

You could also make a custom command if you want more control over a particular podcast that you listen to frequently, perhaps a command that will always play the latest episode, or one that randomly picks one that you have not yet listened to.  I can help you with that but I would need to see the tag info for the podcast in question.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:13:58 PM »
Here is an example of a custom command to select a random episode from certain podcasts.  I have used a manual payloadList with just 3 podcasts in it.  You can edit this in your tree.

It will only pick from episodes that you have not listented to more than 90% of.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.0.0.5-->
<command id="889" name="Play podcast" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>MM.LoadBySQL</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>TrackType=1 and PlayCounter&lt;0.9 and Album Like '%{1}%' order by random() limit 10</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>MM.Play</cmdType>
    <params />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Play podcast</phrase>
  <payloadList>WTF, This american life, The Digital Lifestyle Show</payloadList>
</command>

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:32:41 AM »
Thank you jitterjames.  Forgot to GenXML -- amateur mistake!