Author Topic: VoxWav 1.6  (Read 13708 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
VoxWav 1.6
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Behold!

I think you'll see why we skipped 1.5...

To use this properly you should also update to VoxCommando 0.962

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=888.0

Edit: attachment removed.  You can download the app from the google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=jitterjames

Android app on Google Play
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:56:53 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav 1.6
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
A note about quick selecting different hosts, in case you have more than once machine running VC in your house.

On the main VoxWav Screen you can select hosts from the menu.  When a host is selected the wav file will be sent to that host.  Currently this is only possible by creating a folder on your android using your computer called jittersoft and place the file there named "hosts.txt"

As seen from my computer the path is:
Computer\Acer Iconia Tab A510\Internal Storage\jittersoft\hosts.txt

As seen from my android using "ES File Explorer" the path is
/sdcard/jittersoft/hosts.txt

hosts.txt can contain all your computer wavwatch shares with username and path etc.  see the sample file attached.

the name before the equals will be shown in the menu.

A line in hosts.txt look like this: I7=smb://james:mypwd@i7/wavwatch

Code: [Select]
I7      =smb://  james : mypwd @i7       / wavwatch
NAME =           User   : PWD    @Host   / Share + optional path

We will add a way to create this file automatically later...

I've attached a sample hosts file for you.

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »
I have no TTS on my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3

Using VoxWav 1.6 and VC 0.962

TTS in VoxWav Settings is activated.

Or am I doing something wrong?   ::confused

Siutsch.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »
I don't know.  Are you getting OSD popups on VoxWav ?

Note that the OSD and TTS should both be echoing whatever your actions in VoxCommando are doing.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:38:37 AM »
Currently VW is just trying to initialize TTS using English.  Maybe that is the problem?  I know it works fine for Kalle though.  I don't know if he did something special to make it work.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:52:29 AM by jitterjames »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
I only geht the Statinfo in green or red.

Don't know how OSD looks like.

TTS don't work.
I use german TTS on my S2.

Siutsch.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »
I only geht the Statinfo in green or red.

Don't know how OSD looks like.

TTS don't work.
I use german TTS on my S2.

Siutsch.
Hi Marc, geht auch in deutsch - Frage: Ist dein HTPC im Netzwerk per Kabel oder WiFi verbunden?

Kann auch an folgendem liegen:
Galaxy S2: Einstellungen ->Sprache und Eingabe -> Text-zu-Sprache-Ausgabe ->Fahrzeugmodus -> Haken setzen

Probiere es mal aus, es funktioniert bei mir perfekt (Voraussetzung ist das Du in VC in einem Befehl mit "TTS.Speak" hast  ;)
Hilfreich für VoxWav: Nutze in Windows für Deutsch am besten das Standard-Sprachprofil
In VC musst Du noch "Show OSD Alternates" einschalten (Option Menü)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:59:45 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »
James, I just tried VW 1.6 with the previous version of VC (I was too excited after seeing the dynamic command phrase buttons in the new VW and didn't have the patience to download VC 962  ;D) and tried a few commands via the dynamically created buttons. This is just awesome! Exactly what I wanted!

I hope there is no limit to the number of commands you can add to the Phrases screen (or at least it is very large/configurable)

Why is the recognition count displayed beside each button? Just curious.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 11:49:29 AM »
James, I just tried VW 1.6 with the previous version of VC (I was too excited after seeing the dynamic command phrase buttons in the new VW and didn't have the patience to download VC 962  ;D) and tried a few commands via the dynamically created buttons. This is just awesome! Exactly what I wanted!

I hope there is no limit to the number of commands you can add to the Phrases screen (or at least it is very large/configurable)

Why is the recognition count displayed beside each button? Just curious.

You will get a lot more when you install 0.962 as well.  Things that you will probably only get after upgrading are:
"OSD echo"
"TTS echo"
Alternates popup buttons
Confirmation popup buttons (for commands that require confirm)

When I say "echo" I mean that any speech or OSD.ShowText will be sent to VoxWav automatically.  These features need to be enabled in the VoxWav application settings menu.

There is no technical limit to the number of phrases that will be stored although there may be a practical one in terms of memory/speed.  The count is there in the phrases so you can sort alphabetically or by the most frequently used commands (highest count).  There will of course be much fine tuning required in the app.  At some point I would like to be able to create editable favourites with easy to access buttons.  I will probably add additional data as well, like last used, and maybe allow custom icons etc. at some point.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 12:10:10 PM »
You will get a lot more when you install 0.962 as well.  Things that you will probably only get after upgrading are:
"OSD echo"
"TTS echo"
Alternates popup buttons
Confirmation popup buttons (for commands that require confirm)

When I say "echo" I mean that any speech or OSD.ShowText will be sent to VoxWav automatically.  These features need to be enabled in the VoxWav application settings menu.

Yes, will try it as soon as my wife gives up the HTPC  :)

Quote from: jitterjames
There is no technical limit to the number of phrases that will be stored although there may be a practical one in terms of memory/speed.

Okay, I was just wondering if you had imposed a limit due to the practical constraints.

The count is there in the phrases so you can sort alphabetically or by the most frequently used commands (highest count).

Yes, but I think you could just hide the actual display of these numbers, saving some screen space. What do you think?

... I would like to be able to create editable favourites with easy to access buttons.  I will probably add additional data as well, like last used, and maybe allow custom icons etc.

That would be great!

at some point.
Understood.  ::bow

A suggestion for the future -
I'm sure you've thought of this. The current one-phrase-button-per-line wastes a lot of screen real estate on larger screen devices like the Galaxy Tab 10.1. You could make the button layout to be as multiple columns, the number of columns being user-configurable (within practical constraints, ofcourse). So I might choose 2 columns of phrase buttons for the Galaxy S2 phone, while 5 columns for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I can then see as many as 75 buttons on the Tablet's screen at once! A super remote controller  :)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:24:58 PM by ajith »

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
I have no TTS on my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3

TTS didn't work in VW for me too, at first. This, on my S2 running Android 4.1.1, "Resurrection Remix" 3.0.1.
So I tried the "Listen to an example" item under System Settings --> Language and Input --> Text-to-speech output . That didn't play anything! Next I changed the Language to English-UK from the default English-US under System Settings --> Language and Input --> Text-to-speech output --> Google TTS --> Settings. Still nothing. Then I changed the TTS Engine to the alternative available in my device: "Pico TTS" (default Language: English-US). This too didn't work. As a last option, I switched the Language again to English-UK under  System Settings --> Language and Input --> Text-to-speech output --> Pico TTS --> Settings. This time, TTS worked in both  "Listen to an example" as well as VW  :)

So it looks like some bug in the device itself, rather than in VW.

Note: TTS worked straightaway, with the default settings on my Galaxy Tab 10.1.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »
thanks for the info!

I'll have to see about expanding the TTS capabilities wrt languages in the next version.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »
James,

A suggestion -
Presently, once the list of phrase-buttons grows to more than 3 screen-full, it takes a while to locate a command with all the scrolling. So would you consider categorizing the phrase-buttons as they get added, into the same "Groups" the corresponding commands were in, in VC? This could be similar to the "VC Tree Editor" view. This will make the phrase-buttons more easily locatable.

Edit: And, a free text search feature for searching the phrase-list would be great, too.

All in good time, ofcourse  :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:43:58 AM by ajith »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 04:56:56 AM »
Hi Marc, geht auch in deutsch - Frage: Ist dein HTPC im Netzwerk per Kabel oder WiFi verbunden?

Kann auch an folgendem liegen:
Galaxy S2: Einstellungen ->Sprache und Eingabe -> Text-zu-Sprache-Ausgabe ->Fahrzeugmodus -> Haken setzen

Probiere es mal aus, es funktioniert bei mir perfekt (Voraussetzung ist das Du in VC in einem Befehl mit "TTS.Speak" hast  ;)
Hilfreich für VoxWav: Nutze in Windows für Deutsch am besten das Standard-Sprachprofil
In VC musst Du noch "Show OSD Alternates" einschalten (Option Menü)

Hi Kalle.

Vielen Dank.
Es lag an der fehlenden Einstellung des Fahrzeugmodus, das hatte ich nat. nicht aktiv.
Mein HTPC ist im Netz, hab Verkabelung überall im Haus.  ;)

Und dass man im Befehl in VC zus. noch ein TTS.Speak setzen muss, hatte ich nat. auch nicht auf'n Plan.

2 Fragen noch:
Hab "Zeige Alternativen im OSD" bei VC aktiviert, bekomme aber außer den grünen oder roten erkannten Befehlen
am S2 nichts weiter angezeigt.
Beim 1. Versuch, nach Aktivieren des Fahrzeugmodus hatte ich aber mal ein OSD, obwohl "Zeige Alternativen im OSD"
bei VC noch deaktiviert war.

Nutze am PC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz", klappt bei Eventghost auch ganz gut, die TTS Ausgaben kommen am S2
nun aber noch in Englisch an, obwohl ich am S2 den Test in den TTS Einstellungen korrekt in deutsch bekomme und
auch in VC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz" gewählt habe.

Wie bekommst Du die TTS.Speak Ausgaben denn am S2 in deutsch ausgegeben?

Danke,
Siutsch.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 05:07:36 AM »
Hi Kalle.

Vielen Dank.
Es lag an der fehlenden Einstellung des Fahrzeugmodus, das hatte ich nat. nicht aktiv.
Mein HTPC ist im Netz, hab Verkabelung überall im Haus.  ;)

Und dass man im Befehl in VC zus. noch ein TTS.Speak setzen muss, hatte ich nat. auch nicht auf'n Plan.

2 Fragen noch:
Hab "Zeige Alternativen im OSD" bei VC aktiviert, bekomme aber außer den grünen oder roten erkannten Befehlen
am S2 nichts weiter angezeigt.
Beim 1. Versuch, nach Aktivieren des Fahrzeugmodus hatte ich aber mal ein OSD, obwohl "Zeige Alternativen im OSD"
bei VC noch deaktiviert war.

Nutze am PC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz", klappt bei Eventghost auch ganz gut, die TTS Ausgaben kommen am S2
nun aber noch in Englisch an, obwohl ich am S2 den Test in den TTS Einstellungen korrekt in deutsch bekomme und
auch in VC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz" gewählt habe.

Wie bekommst Du die TTS.Speak Ausgaben denn am S2 in deutsch ausgegeben?

Danke,
Siutsch.

Hi Marc,
alternates bekommst Du nur angezeigt wenn mehr als eine verfügbar. Funktioniert im Zusammenspiel mit MediaMonkey bei dem Befehl "play artist XYZ".
Welche TTS-Sprache Du in VC ausgewählt hast ist egal - im S2 gibt es ein paar Einstellungen für die Sprachausgabe da müsste ich mal nachschauen, aber es es wichtig das Du nach der TTS Umstellung VoxWav komplett schließt und den Cache deines S2 löschst (RAM leeren), danach VoxWav wieder starten und am besten die Einstellung "aktiv im Background" aktivieren. Melde dich nochmal wie weit Du gekommen bist.

Gruß
Kalle

PS: Ich benutze "SVOX"-Petra in meinem S2, ist zwar nicht kostenlos aber sehr gute Stimme und Sprachausgabe (findest Du im PlayStore)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:12:25 AM by Kalle »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 06:34:39 AM »
Hi Marc,
alternates bekommst Du nur angezeigt wenn mehr als eine verfügbar. Funktioniert im Zusammenspiel mit MediaMonkey bei dem Befehl "play artist XYZ".
Welche TTS-Sprache Du in VC ausgewählt hast ist egal - im S2 gibt es ein paar Einstellungen für die Sprachausgabe da müsste ich mal nachschauen, aber es es wichtig das Du nach der TTS Umstellung VoxWav komplett schließt und den Cache deines S2 löschst (RAM leeren), danach VoxWav wieder starten und am besten die Einstellung "aktiv im Background" aktivieren. Melde dich nochmal wie weit Du gekommen bist.

Gruß
Kalle

PS: Ich benutze "SVOX"-Petra in meinem S2, ist zwar nicht kostenlos aber sehr gute Stimme und Sprachausgabe (findest Du im PlayStore)

Hi Kalle.

Klappt irgendwie nicht so bei mir.
Hab VoxWav geschlossen, dann mit der App CacheCleaner den Cache gelöscht - hat nichts gebracht.

Dann noch mal in den Einstellungen unter Anwendungen die Anwendung gestoppt und dort den Cache gelöscht
und dann die Anwendung noch mal neu eingerichtet.

Leider wird mir die deutsche Ansage immer noch mit starken englischen Akzent gesprochen.

Naja, ich fummel nachher noch mal etwas rum, viell. hast Du ja noch ne Idee.  ::confused

SVOX schau ich mir mal an, obwohl ich mit der Google TTS und sogar auch mit der von Samsung nicht
so unzufrieden bin, die klingen ansich schon ganz OK.

Marc.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 06:36:51 AM »
Ok, ich schau auch nochmal in meinen S2 Einstellungen nach und poste es hier  ;)

Einstellungen in VoxWav 1.6 :

MainscreenBKG
Exec: ON
Tilt: ON

Settings -> Application Settings
Keep alive when screen off: marked
Prevent device from sleeping: marked
Override hardware volume button: not important
TTS: marked
OSD: marked

Im S2 alles auf Deutsch stellen, so dass Du bei "Text zu Sprache" -> "Ein Beispiel hören" etwas in Deutsch vorgelesen bekommst.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:24:51 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »
James,

A suggestion -
Presently, once the list of phrase-buttons grows to more than 3 screen-full, it takes a while to locate a command with all the scrolling. So would you consider categorizing the phrase-buttons as they get added, into the same "Groups" the corresponding commands were in, in VC? This could be similar to the "VC Tree Editor" view. This will make the phrase-buttons more easily locatable.

Edit: And, a free text search feature for searching the phrase-list would be great, too.

All in good time, ofcourse  :)

Yup.  Just bear in mind that I'll probably be making changes to the database that will require you to start over from scratch.  Also if you want to install the new "Pro" version I think you need to uninstall the beta first, which means losing your data.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 08:47:05 AM »
Kalle are you getting TTS to work in German with a proper German "voice"?

Maybe we can work on the TTS together to improve the multi-lingual aspect.

Thanks.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »
Yup.  Just bear in mind that I'll probably be making changes to the database that will require you to start over from scratch.  Also if you want to install the new "Pro" version I think you need to uninstall the beta first, which means losing your data.

Losing the data is no biggie, as the application settings themselves are easily setup from scratch, and the phrases add themselves over a period of time.

Just wondering - Is there a plan to read the phrases/commands directly from VC into VW? Or, will the payloads complicate things for that implementation?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 09:57:12 AM »
It's more of a possibility than a plan.  It is something I may investigate when other higher priorities are taken care of. Yes, the payloads are an issue, and the fact that we can often have many many commands that we don't really use, which is why I decided to auto-populate from the most frequently used commands.

One plan I do have however is to have the option of random commands that pop-up now and then (in an out of the way place) to remind you of some commands that you may have forgotten about, or to help new users learn commands.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
Kalle are you getting TTS to work in German with a proper German "voice"?

Maybe we can work on the TTS together to improve the multi-lingual aspect.

Thanks.
Yes we can, no problem. I use the SVOX Voices in german and english and these voices are pretty good but not for less.

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »
Ok, ich schau auch nochmal in meinen S2 Einstellungen nach und poste es hier  ;)

Einstellungen in VoxWav 1.6 :

MainscreenBKG
Exec: ON
Tilt: ON

Settings -> Application Settings
Keep alive when screen off: marked
Prevent device from sleeping: marked
Override hardware volume button: not important
TTS: marked
OSD: marked

Im S2 alles auf Deutsch stellen, so dass Du bei "Text zu Sprache" -> "Ein Beispiel hören" etwas in Deutsch vorgelesen bekommst.

Einstellungen hab ich alle auch so.

Bei den TTS Einstellungen im S2 wird mir der Beispieltext auch korrekt in deutsch vorgelesen, sowohl mit der Google TTS,
als auch mit der von Samsung, mehr als die beiden hab ich auch nicht zur Auswahl.

Trotzdem wird die TTS Ausgabe von VC auf dem S2 mit starkem englischem Akzent gesprochen.

Irgendwas muss da also noch nicht stimmen.

Nutzt Du eigentlich Sox und wenn ja, mit welchen Einstellungen?
Ich hab da z.Zt. "fade .4 reverse fade .4 reverse" drin.

Das Anlegen eines neuen und nicht angelernten Spracherkennungsprofils in Win7 bringt bei mir auch
keine Besserung in der Erkennung, sondern das ganze wird sogar etwas schlechter.

EDIT:
So, hab mal etwas rumbrobiert.
Im Market mal SVOX als Trial für german gekauft (Petra).

Wenn man diese in den TTS Einstellungen auswählt, VoxWax ein mal beendet und neu öffnet,
dann hört man TTS auch in deutsch mit SVOX Petra.

Wenn man in den S2 TTS Einstellungen dann wieder auf google oder Samsung wechselt hört
man in VoxWav erst mal wieder nix, bevor man es beendet und neu startet und dann ist TTS
wieder englisch.
Meiner Meinung nach werden also die beiden Standart TTS Engines auf dem S2 von VoxWav
nur in Englisch angesprochen, nur SVOX klappt in deutsch.

Was mich bei SVOX aber irriterit ist die Meldung beim Wechseln auf dem S2, dort wird nämlich
als Info ausgegeben:
"Diese Sprachsynthese-Engine sammelt alles Gesprochene, auch Passwörter, Kreditkartennummern und persönliche Daten. Fortfahren?"!

Die haben ja wohl'n Schuss ...

Ich hoffe, James bekommt das hin, das man TTS auch mit den Standart Engines in deutsch nutzen kann.

Marc.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:04:42 AM by Siutsch »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »
Hi Marc, nein ich benutze Sox nicht, ist nicht nötig  ;)
Haha, ja den Text habe ich auch gelesen, ich frage mich wie das machen wollen, ich kann die TTS doch auch im offline modus nutzen und Kreditkarten infos und soweiter benutze ich nicht mit meinem Handy bzw. Nicht per Spracheingabe.

Versuch kein neues Profil anzulegen, sondern nutze mal das vorhandene Standardprofil.

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »
Jo, nutze schon länger wieder das alte angelernte Standartprofil in Win7.

Hast Du mal versucht die TTS Engine Deines S2 z.B. auf google zu wechseln
und dann mal probiert, ob Deine TTS Aussagen immer noch in Deutsch kommen?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »
Jo, nutze schon länger wieder das alte angelernte Standartprofil in Win7.

Hast Du mal versucht die TTS Engine Deines S2 z.B. auf google zu wechseln
und dann mal probiert, ob Deine TTS Aussagen immer noch in Deutsch kommen?
Ja, funktioniert auch.  ::hmm

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
Hmm.

Naja, ich forsch mal weiter.

Erstmal funzt SVOX Petra ja bis Anf. Sept. (wg. Trial), dann mal schauen.

Klappt aber auch nicht jedesmal, ab und an muss ich VW schliessen und neu öffnen usw.,
damit wieder TTS kommt.

Viell. findet James da ja noch einen Bug.

Wenn ich noch irgendwelche nützlichen Erkenntnisse gewinne, dann sag ich nat. bescheid.

Aber insg. ne echt coole Sache das ganze!  ::banana

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
Hmm.

Klappt aber auch nicht jedesmal, ab und an muss ich VW schliessen und neu öffnen usw.,
damit wieder TTS kommt.

Wenn ich noch irgendwelche nützlichen Erkenntnisse gewinne, dann sag ich nat. bescheid.

Ich hab SVOX Petra gekauft, lohnt sich in jedem Fall (auch fürs Navi)

Bis bald...
Kalle

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »
... which is why I decided to auto-populate from the most frequently used commands.

That makes perfect sense.

One plan I do have however is to have the option of random commands that pop-up now and then ...

That is a good idea too.

I just noticed that VW sends vc.tellvox to execute commands on VC. I was wondering if it were possible to have a kind of "ID" for each recognizable voice command (and by command, I mean the complete phrase that is spoken, including any payloads). Then, VW can just send the ID to VC for execution, instead of the tellvox phrase. This will solve the payload problem too, since each command-payload combination will have its own ID. From the way the VC "help" is generated, I can see that all command "paths" can be enumerated. Do these paths come with IDs? If so those can be used here ...

I don't know if that made sense... just something I've been thinking about. Please ignore it if I sounded crazy  :bonk ::club

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »
I was wondering if it were possible to have a kind of "ID" for each recognizable voice command (and by command, I mean the complete phrase that is spoken, including any payloads). Then, VW can just send the ID to VC for execution, instead of the tellvox phrase. This will solve the payload problem too, since each command-payload combination will have its own ID. From the way the VC "help" is generated, I can see that all command "paths" can be enumerated. Do these paths come with IDs? If so those can be used here ...

I don't know if that made sense... just something I've been thinking about. Please ignore it if I sounded crazy  :bonk ::club
It might be possible but it would be highly problematical and I'm not sure what the payoff would be.  I'm not sure what "payload problem" is that needs to be solved at this point. Apart from the extra memory required on both the pc and the android, it would be a pain to be constantly updating it every time any command changed, or the payloads were updated (either with genXML or by other means).  Anyway I think it works great as is and the tellvox function is very fast and efficient so I see no reason to fix something that ain't broke.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
Hmm.

damit wieder TTS kommt.

I don't think I am following your conversation very accurately  :-\, but as I mentioned before, VoxWav currently only supports TTS in English.  I will provide support for other languages in the next version.  I don't know about SVOX.  If you can get it to work, great, but I am not supporting it at the moment.  I am more interested in getting the existing free google voices to work correctly.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »
It might be possible but it would be highly problematical and I'm not sure what the payoff would be.  I'm not sure what "payload problem" is that needs to be solved at this point. Apart from the extra memory required on both the pc and the android, it would be a pain to be constantly updating it every time any command changed, or the payloads were updated (either with genXML or by other means).  Anyway I think it works great as is and the tellvox function is very fast and efficient so I see no reason to fix something that ain't broke.

The payoff (as I saw it) would be that VW would have access to every possible command that is configured in VC via the phrase-button screen. No need for populating them one-by-one by voice, and also, it will make the export of all such commands from VC to VW very simple (or maybe not, as you said)

As I mentioned before, it was just something I thought of and blurted out  :)

You are right - it works really well and these changes may not be worth the effort in the end.  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:43:30 PM by ajith »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 04:50:06 PM »
Hi James,

I'm also interested in getting the existing free google voices to work correctly, but it would be nice if
this is for used language in phone too.

I wonder why this works for Kalle, with google TTS I only get german.

It is strange, that I only get german TTS with external App SVOX.

Hope you can fix this in one of the next versions.

Otherwise VoxWav is absolutely cool, I love it.
And VW is the reason that I finally deal again with VC, it's been too long since I've dealt with it.

And it's again a lot of fun!  :D

Siutsch.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »
I'm also interested in getting the existing free google voices to work correctly, but it would be nice if
this is for used language in phone too.

It is strange, that I only get german TTS with external App SVOX.

I am glad you are having fun with it!  ;D

I am very confused though! I originally thought that you were only getting the voice in English, but now it sounds like you are saying that you are only getting the voice in German.

In the code I am setting the TTS language to English.  I don't know why you are only getting a German voice, unless you don't have any English TTS voice installed for some reason.  The fact that you are also using a third party TTS is probably complicating things, and I do not have these voices installed.  I tried (only briefly) using the free trial from SVOX and it did not work for me.  I don't know if this is a problem with the trial, or something else.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »
I am glad you are having fun with it!  ;D

I am very confused though! I originally thought that you were only getting the voice in English, but now it sounds like you are saying that you are only getting the voice in German.

In the code I am setting the TTS language to English.  I don't know why you are only getting a German voice, unless you don't have any English TTS voice installed for some reason.  The fact that you are also using a third party TTS is probably complicating things, and I do not have these voices installed.  I tried (only briefly) using the free trial from SVOX and it did not work for me.  I don't know if this is a problem with the trial, or something else.
I think I know what is going on - If I use the Google TTS or Samsung TTS (both for geman) in Galaxy S2, the german text who is send from VC is read in VoxWav in english (that is strange). I think this is a problem by the S2 itself but with SVOX it works. A other point is - do VoxWav set the TTS-language when a phrase come from VC?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 07:11:42 PM »
I think you are trying to confuse me on purpose.  :bonk

You say it is stuck in English, Siutsch says it is stuck in German.

YES.  VoxWav is ALWAYS setting the TTS language to ENGLISH.  Or at least it is trying to.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
I think you are trying to confuse me on purpose.  :bonk

You say it is stuck in English, Siutsch says it is stuck in German.

YES.  VoxWav is ALWAYS setting the TTS language to ENGLISH.  Or at least it is trying to.
Sorry for the confusion  :-[   :bonk

Siutsch mean the german text from VC to send to VoxWav is always speak out in english. If the SVOX -TTS is active, VC do not overwrite this setting.

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:15 AM »
Yes, that's right, what Kalle says.

I think SVOX can only use TTS in german, because it's the only installed and availlable language for
SVOX (you have to install the additional languages​​ separately).

I you use google TTS (oder Samsung TTS in Samsung Phones), there are several languages ​​available
but VoxWav is ALWAYS setting the TTS language to Englisch.

I think you have to use in VoxWax the selected language of the phone.
There must be a variable that needs to be read then, or something.

I'm sure you will find the problem! ::)

Siutsch.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »
TTS etc is working great here!
I'm loving the multiple host switcher, but i can't get it to work (keeps sending a 'bad string!!!' error) :s

I've tried variations of the following:

PCupstairs=smb://STIJN-PC@STIJN-PC/Wavs
PCupstairs=smb://@STIJN-PC/Wavs
PCupstairs=smb://STIJN-PC/Wavs
PCupstairs=smb://Wavs

My network fileshare name is STIJN-PC, I don't use a pw. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for such a wonderful update James =)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
Assuming your host is STIJN-PC and your share name is Wavs

Try

PCupstairs=smb://anon:@STIJN-PC/Wavs

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »
Are there any youtube videos of VoxWav in action ?
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »
Not really.  I will be making some soon, I hope. Here's one of the first working beta.  Bonus feature is a goofy grin at the end  :biglaugh

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=866.0

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 07:21:11 PM »
Not really.  I will be making some soon, I hope. Here's one of the first working beta.  Bonus feature is a goofy grin at the end  :biglaugh

Thanks for the link, hoping to see more soon.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 03:44:13 AM »
Not really.  I will be making some soon, I hope. Here's one of the first working beta.  Bonus feature is a goofy grin at the end  :biglaugh

haha, reminds me of this advertising  :biglaugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPmpz0zwh6U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYdLYRfc4Dg
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:12:44 AM by Kalle »

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
PCupstairs=smb://anon:@STIJN-PC/Wavs
Thanks James! The setting you provided created a different error (couldn't connect to an ip number that I didn't recognise). I checked the host settings, which said 'STIJN-PC'.
I changed the jittersoft file setting to 'PCupstairs=smb://anon:@192.168.1.85/Wavs, and now it works correctly.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:10:02 PM by painy »

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 07:45:56 PM »
Ohhhh,
I have so many things to read here.
I was making a new script for xbmc and dont have time to read the forum yet.
I will test this right now.
Thanks James, i am alive. :biglaugh