Author Topic: VoxWav 1.3  (Read 9426 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav 1.3
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »
When you use the iRule trial, are you able to import / export configurations to share with other users?

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 12:45:42 PM »
Yes you can.
You cant share Panels because only the pro version let do this.
But you can share your devices and images with no problem.
I realy love to control my home now using VoxMic and IRule at the sametime, its very practical have buttons and voice control.
What the resolution of your device James ? I have some illustrator or .png fles with images for control Xbmc and others devices.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »
Are you saying it is like that, or it should be like that?  Because as far as I can tell it is not like that, and I can't imagine why you would want it to be.

It is like that. I've been playing around with the voxwav some more, and it only tends to happen once in +/- 20 tilts. I'm not sure what I'm doing differently when it happens.  It tends to work immediately when I move the phone a tiny bit (although it's already tilted), and thus changing the Z value(even if it's only by 0.00001 sort of speak).

One other small thing: When VC recognises a command, but the confidence level is set below the level set in options, Voxwav sends out a green feedback text while VC does not execute the command.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
Yes you can.
You cant share Panels because only the pro version let do this.
But you can share your devices and images with no problem.
I realy love to control my home now using VoxMic and IRule at the sametime, its very practical have buttons and voice control.
What the resolution of your device James ? I have some illustrator or .png fles with images for control Xbmc and others devices.

1280 x 800, thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
I'm not sure what I'm doing differently when it happens.  It tends to work immediately when I move the phone a tiny bit (although it's already tilted), and thus changing the Z value(even if it's only by 0.00001 sort of speak).
I don't understand.  Why is the phone already tilted?  You are supposed to lower the phone between commands.  Otherwise it will keep recording and never send the wav until it craps out.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »
It would happen when re-tilting the device for a new command but I think I found the solution. I recalibrated my sensor and the problem appears to be fixed :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 03:17:39 PM »
It would happen when re-tilting the device for a new command but I think I found the solution. I recalibrated my sensor and the problem appears to be fixed :)

It tends to work immediately when I move the phone a tiny bit (although it's already tilted)

I guess I am just failing to understand you in a major way, but it sounds like it is working exactly as expected.  Tilt implies that the phone is being moved.  Currently tilt activates when the phone z angle* is less than 2 and deactivates when it is greater than 6 (this will be adjustable in a later version).  If you activate tilt when the phone is still busy saving the file then nothing will happen.  And if the phone is not moving perceptibly then it can't know that it has been tilted.  If you are holding it in your hand though I would expect there to always be enough motion to fire the tilt.

In any case I don't think it has anything to do with
Whenever voxwav is showing a message...
.  Just a coincidence.

* not an angle measured in degrees or radians but still some kind of google angle.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:20:48 PM by jitterjames »

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
Yup, I had the cause and effect wrong :D

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »
1280 x 800, thanks
James, i dont have this resolution, but i have some Illustrator files with 940x480 (for the Motorola Atrix). I will send the .png and the Illustrator file for you.
I prefer make the interface with Illustrator or Photoshop, its hard to aling or manage the pictures in IRule. After make the interface in Illustrator, export the artboard like a .png and put like a background in IRule, after that we need only make the buttons.
I will send the link soon, i am sending for dropbox now.

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 02:44:39 AM »
Absolute madness!  ??? :bonk :o ::confused ::duh ::hmm ::yikes

I got myself into automating switching On and setting inputs of my TV, cable set-top box and Onkyo Receiver and forgot about checking back on the forum for any replies ...

After reading your reply just now, I gave it another shot with VoxWav and -

??? :bonk :o ::confused ::duh ::hmm ::yikes

It all worked just as it should, as you described! And I did nothing, other than perhaps toggling screen auto-rotation On and Off earlier in the day.

I don't know what to say other than the same emoticons as you :) Whatever I try now, I can't get the previous (bad) behavior!

So it is all good now. Like you said, there would be a proper explanation to it all. Just a matter of us finding it out :)

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 02:54:26 AM »
VoxCommando can be control with any app that send udp packets.
Try use IRule : http://www.iruleathome.com/

That's pretty neat, claymic. I'll give it a try. :)

I'd still like the feature as I described in VoxWav, as it would mean I do not have to configure anything. Everything would be already setup in VC.
So what I'd like is a mini iRule app just for VC, builtin into VW, but with the added feature of automatically reading the command-list from VC.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »
...also, as a feature for the future, how about a command-history panel in VW showing all recognized commands so far. Tapping an item in this list could execute that command!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:29:23 PM by ajith »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 11:30:40 PM »
Yes.  I have something very similar to this planned.   :bignod

One of the challenges is going to be designing for different sized screens and orientations.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »
Quote from: jitterjames
Yes.  I have something very similar to this planned.   :bignod

Glad to hear that :)

Quote from: jitterjames
One of the challenges is going to be designing for different sized screens and orientations.

Let's just make sure it works perfectly on the Samsung Galaxy S II    :P ;D
Kidding aside, I understand it will be quite a challenge. And I know you'd overcome any challenges it poses :)  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:21:07 AM by ajith »