Author Topic: VoxWav First Demo  (Read 15855 times)

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: VoxMic First Demo
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:50 AM »
That's cool then :)

Edit:  ..but just a thought  ;D : When you share a folder <Some_Drive>:\X\Y with share-name <Share-Y> , it is understood that any subdirectories under Y are also shared, i.e., one can go ahead and access the absolute path <Some_Drive>:\X\Y\Z with <Share-Y>\Z from a remote machine, but, it is neither apparent nor necessary that the parent folder(s) of Y, namely <Some_Drive>:\ or <Some_Drive>:\X\ are shared. This "standard" assumption was what caused the troubles for me, Kalle and Dave. And if you go by this logic, you can still accept the hostname separately in settings. The only modification you would then want to do is to mandate that the "root" of whatever forward-slashed path you're accepting in Save path on host be shared. i.e., for your example, ask people to share D:\ if they want to use D:\wavwatch as the wav-file folder. So no code change required actually.
Hope that made sense! Sorry to be persistent with this. I'll now get off your lawn :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:54:06 AM by ajith »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 04:09:16 AM »
Hi James,
I've tested it with my Galaxy S2 with Android 4.03

1) for network path I used the same methode on Android as ajith (wavewatcher for the path: c:\wavwatcher) all other things do not work.

2) recording and send with the button work only fine with my headset. The onboard mic in the Galaxy is waste  :'(

3) "tilt to speak" doesn't work on the Galaxy S2 - VoxWav send a big file to the wavwatch folder >2 MB without content and VC show this in the upper field "can't open wav file: c:\wavwatch\android8_19_55.wav" and create in the historie window a event "Wav.FailedRead".

point 2 and 3: after the new "VoxWav update" everthing works fine. The tilt crash is fixed  :)
For my Galaxy S2 it was important to clearing the cache after the update (with a android task mananger)
The speech recognition rate is usually above 90 percent.

Very good job  :clap
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:02:28 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »
That's cool then :)

Edit:  ..but just a thought  ;D : When you share a folder <Some_Drive>:\X\Y with share-name <Share-Y> , it is understood that any subdirectories under Y are also shared, i.e., one can go ahead and access the absolute path <Some_Drive>:\X\Y\Z with <Share-Y>\Z from a remote machine, but, it is neither apparent nor necessary that the parent folder(s) of Y, namely <Some_Drive>:\ or <Some_Drive>:\X\ are shared. This "standard" assumption was what caused the troubles for me, Kalle and Dave. And if you go by this logic, you can still accept the hostname separately in settings. The only modification you would then want to do is to mandate that the "root" of whatever forward-slashed path you're accepting in Save path on host be shared. i.e., for your example, ask people to share D:\ if they want to use D:\wavwatch as the wav-file folder. So no code change required actually.
Hope that made sense! Sorry to be persistent with this. I'll now get off your lawn :)

Yeah, my original instructions were not stellar, that's for sure. Eventually, if we don't switch to some kind or audio stream broadcast, then I hope to at least offer some kind of network explorer to make choosing the path easier.

And btw I appreciate your suggestions. If I was a bit quick to dismiss your suggestion, it's probably because I was a bit burned out from banging my head against the wall of code all day yesterday.  ::club

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav First Demo
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »
get the code, report bugs, request features etc.  here: http://code.google.com/p/voxwav/

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »
get the code, report bugs, request features etc.  here: http://code.google.com/p/voxwav/

Awesome! Great to see that you are going to release the source code of the app, thanks James!

What about using Git (GitHub) instead of SVN?

Looking forward to test the app in my VC installation, although my setup using PocketAudio is working nicely ;-) I'm sure that VoxWav (I prefer VoxCommandroid :D) will be my default app once I try it, everything that comes from you is wonderful!

Thanks for all you work and best regards,

Aitor

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
(I prefer VoxCommandroid  ;) )

I prefer VoxMic  ;)

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 05:26:17 AM »
Hey James,
Version 1.1.b works really well, no problems with the gyro anymore!  :clap

And i don't know why, but my results are getting better  :)

only sometimes it takes a lot of time to submit the command, but i guess it has nothing to do with your app, but with my wireless lan.

p.s. i had to uninstall the old version of VoxMic, to install the newer one, otherwise i got an error.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 08:38:44 AM »
Hey James,
Version 1.1.b works really well, no problems with the gyro anymore!  :clap

And i don't know why, but my results are getting better  :)

only sometimes it takes a lot of time to submit the command, but i guess it has nothing to do with your app, but with my wireless lan.

p.s. i had to uninstall the old version of VoxMic, to install the newer one, otherwise i got an error.

Are you using VC  version 0.957?  What kind of delays are we talking about?

It's important to use 0.957 to avoid a conflict between the android trying to copy and VC trying to open the file at the same time.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 08:46:11 AM »

I will try to figure out how to use the play store at some point which will hopefully make updates smoother.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »

It's important to use 0.957 to avoid a conflict between the android trying to copy and VC trying to open the file at the same time.

Version 0.957  ???

Where can I found it?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »
On the Google code site. I put it there for convenience since the only change was to work with voxwav.

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 12:57:44 PM »

Ah, sorry, didn't notice that there is a new version. Still using 0.956.
Sometimes the apps says "saving" on the recording button for a long time (maybe 15 or 20 seconds), ven with short commands...

I will update VC tomorrow when i'm back home and try again...

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »
Hey James,  I just wanted to update VC but I cannot find 0.957 anymore...

VoxWav 1.2 works like a charm, even the delays seem to be gone.  :yay

When I started VoxWav 1.2 for the first time, I had a bug: Everytime VoxCommando recognized a command, VoxWav displayed "not recognized".
After restarting VoxWav it displays nothing, wether the command was recognized or not.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
Hey James,  I just wanted to update VC but I cannot find 0.957 anymore...

VoxWav 1.2 works like a charm, even the delays seem to be gone.  :yay

When I started VoxWav 1.2 for the first time, I had a bug: Everytime VoxCommando recognized a command, VoxWav displayed "not recognized".
After restarting VoxWav it displays nothing, wether the command was recognized or not.
Hi Dave, waiting for 0.958 James work on it  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:03:37 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando