Author Topic: vc and whs2011  (Read 5382 times)

Kalle

• View Profile
Re: vc and whs2011
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
I don't know if it is possible at all with WHS but if you are going to try to make it work you need to find a way to install SAPI 5.3, not 5.1  5.1 was the version that shipped with XP.

You also need to make sure that you have .net 3.5

SAPI 5.3 is not something you can download by itself but it may be possible by downloading a larger SDK package.  Of course there is always the possibility that doing this will cause other problems.

If you need to, please attach jpg images or other files directly to your post, instead of using a file upload service which is very inconvenient for people who want to view the file.

Just click "additional options" at the bottom left when composing your message on the forum (probably you did not notice this).  Thanks.

One note I would like to make, if you have XBMC running on the WHS machine, you can still run VoxCommando on another computer in your home that is running win7 or vista and control XBMC through the LAN.

good luck
and with eventGhost + VoxCommando anything what you want through the LAN ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

snake1024

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
sorry for this link, next time i upload it. WHS 2011 is based on Server 2008R2 > maybe has someone an idea for that.

my XBMC is on the WHS machine but its no use for this option.

If i want to watch a movie in my living room i must go to office and boot windows7 :D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 01:30:03 PM »
my XBMC is on the WHS machine but its no use for this option.

If i want to watch a movie in my living room i must go to office and boot windows7 :D

I don't understand.  How do you use WHS and, more specifically, why do you want to have VoxCommando running on it?

snake1024

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »
ok i want to explain it.
The WHS PC is my Server which contains Movies, Series, Musik, Backups, mysql database, Webdav etc.

because the machine is in my living room and with hdmi linked to my tv i use it with XBMC to see all this stuff.

Now - when i sit on my couch i will use voxcommander to navigate this pc.

think my last answer was a little bit confused to read.

Your suggestion to control it with a windows 7 PC (my Windows 7 PC is in my "office" room) is no option for me because if i wanna watch a movie i must go to my "office room" startup my PC, go back to the living room and navigate with VC.. :) - is it now easier to understand? sorry for this grammar mistakes ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:05:25 PM by snake1024 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 04:38:42 PM »
oh ok sorry.  I misunderstood when you wrote "If i want to watch a movie in my living room i must go to office and boot windows7", that you were speaking hypothetically.  By "must" you meant "would need to".

I should have known what you meant.  I have a tendancy to read things "literally" even when I know the author does not speak English fluently.  :bonk

I was suggesting that you could do this as a way to evaluate the functionality.  Maybe you would discover that you don't like VoxCommando anyway and it would save you some trouble.  I was thinking more along the lines of using a laptop in the same room as your server.