Author Topic: Version 0.934 - including new Google Calendar Plugin *alpha*  (Read 8963 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 0.934 - including new Google Calendar Plugin *alpha*
« on: December 08, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
I am pleased to announce the next release.  I have added a few new things that will need to be explained, and possibly improved.

The main point of interest in this release though is the addition of the google calendar plugin.  With this plugin you can check all your google calendars for events and also add new events and reminders to your existing calendars.  Bear in mind that based on user feedback and my own experimentation this plugin may be changed significantly in the coming months.

I hope this release will serve as a Christmas present for some of you! ::antlers

One small new feature is that the command tree will remember which groups you have open when you save.  I mostly did this for me to make life easier when coding, testing, coding, testing etc., but maybe others will find it handy too.

EDIT: I updated the attachment to 0.934b which should hopefully be OK now.
EDIT2: I updated the attachment to 0.934c to fix a bug in the calendar plugin.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:45:59 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.934 - including new Google Calendar Plugin *alpha*
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »
There is a new variable that allows you to customize your date and time exactly how you want it.

I'm attaching a sample group with a command.  The variable works like this:

{DtCustom.@@@@}

you replace @@@@ with the date time format specifiers described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kb3ddd4.aspx#timeSeparator

There is also a new command "VC.SetCulture" that overrides the current culture which will affect what date variables return and possibly other stuff too.  

For example you can issue this command:

VC.SetCulture      pt-BR

and then the variable {DtCustom.dddd} will return quinta-feira (if it is Thursday)

I have some concerns that this VC.SetCulture command might cause some problems with the speech recognition engine under certain circumstances.  If it does, it will be obvious, i.e. it will stop working completely.  Please let me know if this happens and when.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:03:24 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »
Here is a group with some sample commands for use with the ggCal plugin

This plugin is a bit difficult because of the nature of the calendar and all the different thing you can do with it.  Retrieving calendar events is quite easy but creating new ones is tricky.

In general when you request calendar events, there could be any number of results, (0, 1, 3, 20 etc.) Because of this I am returning them as matches.

I will upload an image with an explanation in a little while.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:56:53 AM by jitterjames »

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 07:22:13 PM »
WOW, very well done... ;D
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:45:04 PM »
Very strange.  I just noticed that events don't seem to be working in 0.934.

OK, I think I fixed it.  The first post has been updated with attachment 0.934b
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:33:57 PM by jitterjames »

zizos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »
cool working great  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »
I updated the attachment in the first post to 0.934c to fix a bug in the calendar plugin.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 08:55:09 AM »
here is an updated version of the google calendar.  You can enter a culture code of the form

en-US
en-GB
pt-BR
de-DE etc.

and it will use this setting to determine the language of the days and months accordingly.

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 10:41:43 PM »
Hi all , I have been playing with this plug-in for a few days and reading all I can about it . problem is all I can find to read about it took about 15 minutes . I like the concept of this plug in , and I can make it work fine for retrieving results from my calendar. But , using the quick add , is not quite working for me . I have been playing with the sample from above by jitterjames since it is the only example I have been able to find for adding events to my calendar . vox understands the phrase to add to quick add but the event never gets to my calendar.
This is the command I'm using "

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 03:38:45 AM »
Hi Dan, I've tested your command and it works fine. What is showing your VC history window after using the command? Anything "orange" in the VC history? Did you set a default feed in the plugin settings?
One thing in your command is important: it need confirmation (go ahead, I said do it ... -  depends on what you've set in VC Options menu) to execute and maybe that is your problem.

And last but not least - you must reload the google calendar website to see the events.

Please use a "code box" to post a XML to the forum, so it is easier to use or check the command by drag'n drop it in the VC commandtree without downloading the file - http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum

I think after you will post a screenshot of your VC history window, we will know what is going on  ;)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:47:03 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 08:27:44 AM »

Please use a "code box" to post a XML to the forum, so it is easier to use or check the command by drag'n drop it in the VC commandtree without downloading the file - http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum

Using an xml attachment is acceptable when posting a group (not a command), but using a code box is preferred and definitely easier for everyone (including you).  The one case where you should use a file attachment is when your code is very long, or if you are uploading many groups of commands at once.  The rest of the time, copy paste is just a lot easier.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:55:14 AM by jitterjames »

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »
Ok sorry for that , I will make a note of it . ....Hi Kalle , thank you for you insight . You were right ,I had the osd turned off in options and didn't know about the confirmation . Duh!!!
So you are correct , it works . Yeay ! . I also learned that I can pass AIML commands to denise too. By including the command  <silence msec="2000"/> between the format options in the ggcal plug-in , I can fine tune the pauses in denise's dictation . Of course I change the two second setting to what ever sounds natural .
dan

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 06:26:42 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.
If you need a short pause, you can also use a comma or a dot, between words. I know that is not a "fine tune" option like yours  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »
Ok , just to let you know I really am getting this , here's a little video to show . Thank you again for your help.    Of course I can also call for today's , or tomorrow's events as well . this is just a short demo :

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:53:07 AM by danderson »