Author Topic: Version 0.894  (Read 8770 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.894
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »
generally the best way to do this would be.

1 - copy your folder to a new folder location
2 - optionally test it
3 - run the installer in this new folder to update it to the latest version.

to be safe you could then use the file menu to:

- purge cache
- full restart

It may take a while to rebuild.

abrenoch

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
If you are using the same system, with the same microphone, and the same configuration files, and all you did was copy to a new folder and udate to a later version, then the recognition should be exactly the same.

Something else must be different, other than the location.  What do you mean by location?  Folder?  You are still using it on the same computer with the same user account etc.?

I'm actually not sure if they are the same config files or not.. That was actually one of the reasons I was posting, I wasn't sure what files other than options.xml and voicecommands.xml I could copy over to the new install without messing something up (I wasnt even too sure those files would work okay).

And by location I just meant the install location of voxcommando it'self.. my original install is at C:\VOX and the new one was just C:\VOX2

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »
those are the two main files.  It should recognize you exactly as well if those two files are the same.

You also need all your payload files.  If you have not made any custom payloads then it should be sufficient to run GenXML instead of copying them from the other folder.