Author Topic: Version 0.871  (Read 10908 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 0.871
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
Well here goes nothing...

There are two files attached.  One is a patch that you should be able to extract to your current setup (make a folder backup first please!)

The other is an updated version configured for WMC in English.

Have fun... and...  let me know what's broken  :D

Attachments removed... there is a newer version
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:29:55 PM by jitterjames »

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon version 0.871
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
Looking good :)

Looks like you managed to improve the button placement
Good job!

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
Very good, congratulations... ;D
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
A menu seemed like the way to go because I wanted to add more options without cluttering things up.  Most things now will be two clicks instead of one, but when you are just using it, the essential info will be easier to see.   ^-^

So I think it'll be better... and leave room for growth.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:15:56 PM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 04:37:53 AM »
Hi James,

nice, it looks a bit more to Windows 7   ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:59:55 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jakubj

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
Cool, it's starting to look as RTM version :-)

Oh, and hello as new forum member,

Jaqb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »
welcome aboard jakubj!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
I have updated the first post in this topic with the new version. 8)

chili123

• View Profile
Re: Version 0.871
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »
ow this is great. Many more functions. just an question. When i say "go to music"in the main screen of wmc my music appears. But when i say go to tv nothing happens. Is this normal?

greetz Jeroen

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »
You forgot the updated thebin.xml (with master volume and wmc control) in the export folder in the patch version, i had to use the WMC version download to get the new commands!
Or am i looking in the wrong place?

And also, i see that VC is able to see what program is focused, is there any way to get VC to scan all open programs automatically? I could add every program i use regularly but it would be easier for us users if that were to happen automatically. Maybe VC could safe and store every time a new program gets focused in windows?

Nice work though James, looking good!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:10:54 PM by painy »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 12:23:09 AM »
ow this is great. Many more functions. just an question. When i say "go to music"in the main screen of wmc my music appears. But when i say go to tv nothing happens. Is this normal?

greetz Jeroen
Yes the only windows available in the goto commands are:
ExtensibilityUrl|FMRadio|InternetRadio|LiveTV|ManageDisks|MovieLibrary|MorePrograms|MusicAlbums|MusicArtists|MusicSongs|MyMusic|MyPictures|MyTV|MyVideos|PhotoDetails|RecordedTV|RecorderStorageSettings|ScheduledTVRecordings|Slideshow|SlideshowSettings|Start|TVGuide|Visualizations|WebAddIn

Try MyTv.  You can edit the payload file in the goto command by double clicking. You can change the phrases on the right.  Just make sure you leave the values on the left as they are or it won't work anymore.  If you have more wmc specific questions please post them to the wmc board.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »
You forgot the updated thebin.xml (with master volume and wmc control) in the export folder in the patch version, i had to use the WMC version download to get the new commands!
Or am i looking in the wrong place?

And also, i see that VC is able to see what program is focused, is there any way to get VC to scan all open programs automatically? I could add every program i use regularly but it would be easier for us users if that were to happen automatically. Maybe VC could safe and store every time a new program gets focused in windows?

Nice work though James, looking good!
Thanks!. The bin is a place to store personal commands and I didn't want the patch to overwrite peoples bins, so I was just trying to put the core files in the patch.  There are probably a lot of other commands new and old floating around, I'm not even sure what was in the bin when I uploaded it!  I have so many versions on my various computers that I have lost track.

I'm not too sure what you are getting at with "scan all open programs automatically".  What for?  The way it currently works is that you can edit group properties, and set the name of the process for that group, and then those commands will only be available when the process is in focus.  I'm not sure this is the best way to do it, but it is a step in the right direction I think.

I am still planning on adding some kind of event concept as well but first I want to clean everything up and kill as many bugs as possible.  I have added new Gen All XML commands to the main page, but I still haven't added them all to the command builder, for example.  The whole grammar rebuilding process is getting a lot better I think, and that has been a big priority for me.

I still have work to do on the command history.  Some commands will show feedback on the result of the command when you mouse over them, but not all are consistent.

I am also trying to clean up the code itself to make it better organized and more readable.  That is a constant struggle, but a fun challenge and a good learning experience, and I feel like I am making some headway.

Sirandar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »
Hi James

I have some bad news for you at least in my case ......  The latest version 0.871 seens to cause very hard crashes on my Win7x64 system including one so bad it comnpletely trashed my syetem.  Fortunately I have a sector by sector backup (Acroinis) and had it back in 10 min.

I have a feeling it may have been happeing more rarely in previous versions.

Previously I would sometime notice my system had rebooted for no apparent reason.  Now I have a repeatable chain of events that causes a very hard system reset,  no blue screen and no error in the event log.

Boot, start MediaMonkey 3.2.1 1301
Vov 0.871 is already started.
Use my ATI remote with Intelliremote for a while (commands don't matter)
Hit the button on my remote that shut my screen off
Instant very hard crash
Note that Vox is running but in off mode and no Vox commands have been executed

Do exactly the same with Vox not active and this never happens no matter what I do or how long I play with the remote.

Vox is working pefectly on my system otherwise, but please note that I have previously removed all the commands from the LAUNCH group because they would ramdomly fire on my system even when Vox was off and it seemed that the command that would usually fire was the one to turm my screen off (the same one that crashes my system when Vox is running and I turn the screen off with the remote)

Sirandar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
Further Notes:
1) I am also running Intelliremote and Monkeytunes.
2) If I run Vox 0.871 execute commands and then exit it, it doesn't affect my system in any way and no crashes happen.  Vox has to be running at the same time as I use my ATI remote Wonder and Intelliremote for crashes.

Summary:

Vox seems to randomly execute commands are in the  launch folder even in OFF mode and removing all commands from that folder reduces this to infrequent reboots (probably)
Having both Vox and Intelliremote controlling MediaMonkey definitely causes very hard and sometimes system destroying crashes in Win7.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »
That sucks.  I dont' know what to tell you.  I don't see how I could possibly debug a problem like that, nor will I be able to recreate it.  I'll be curios to hear if anyone else has a similar problem, but this is the first report of this nature that I have received.  I use vox on a few different systems and I've never had a hard crash, but I don't use intelliremote, I use EventGhost.

I can tell you that there was a problem with 0.86 not actually turning off when in off mode.  That problem has been fixed.  I am not aware of anyone ever having problems with commands randomly triggering under any circumstances, but it is possible that commands were triggered based on sounds that vox heard with 0.86 when it was set to off, but not actually off.