Author Topic: Version 0.84  (Read 18578 times)

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.84
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »
Great work! Love the focus command in particular :)

A few issues i noticed:

-When working with the tree editor, if you have a lot of commands (like i do) you have to maximize the tree edit window to be able to view the bottom commands. My screen is not even big (high) enough if i expand a few subtrees. I believe a scroll bar is required.

-When voxcommando is pinned to the taskbar in windows 7, the icon no longer shows in what condition voxcommando is (yellow, green, red)

-Also, the help and forum buttons (links) on the main vox screen don't seem to work.

Feature suggestion:
An option that allows Voxcommando to be started in standby/prefix mode would be nice.

Question:
How do i find what names to use for my programs on the focus mode? Some of the programs i added to the list seem to work (like mediamonkey) while others don't (windows live messenger/xbmc).
Also, the command doesn't seem to work if the program you mention is minimised (well, it does work, only the active window is still minimised).

Keep up the good work!

Painy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:21:38 PM by painy »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »
I just uploaded 0.842 v1 to the first post in this thread.

I fixed some problems with the edit window (hidden buttons and missing scrollbar)

There was a very stupid bug when loading groups on the right side of the command editor.  If you opened any groups on the right, and then either saved them or dragged them to the left and then saved that, you probably have a problem. Please check the properties of any groups where you have done this.  They will probably have a prefix override of "monkeypants" !   ;D  - oooooops. Sorry about that!  If you don't have a backup of your tree, you might find it easier to edit the xml file by hand to fix this.

I have tried to fix the code that detects old versions of command tree files.  Ole: please try the new version to see if it is fixed.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »

1-When working with the tree editor, if you have a lot of commands (like i do) you have to maximize the tree edit window to be able to view the bottom commands. My screen is not even big (high) enough if i expand a few subtrees. I believe a scroll bar is required.

2-When voxcommando is pinned to the taskbar in windows 7, the icon no longer shows in what condition voxcommando is (yellow, green, red)

3-Also, the help and forum buttons (links) on the main vox screen don't seem to work.

4 Feature suggestion:
An option that allows Voxcommando to be started in standby/prefix mode would be nice.

Question:
5 How do i find what names to use for my programs on the focus mode? Some of the programs i added to the list seem to work (like mediamonkey) while others don't (windows live messenger/xbmc).
Also, the command doesn't seem to work if the program you mention is minimised (well, it does work, only the active window is still minimised).

Painy
Hi Painy,  I added numbers to your quoted post above...

1- OK, fixed the command editor in0.842, you should have the scrollbar back.  Thanks for brining this up.  Something happened when I was editing the form to add the "bin"...

2- I'm not sure about the icon state when it's small in windows 7, but I prefer the taskbar buttons in mode "combine when taskbar is full" and it works. see the attached image.

3 - works for me, it is supposed to use default web browser - I'll investigate more...

4- see this for starting in standby: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=53.0

5- for focus names, I need to work on this a bit more...  stay tuned.

FLuX0r

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »
James, thanks for the new version !   :yay
I will try it.

Now i have to figure out, how to merge the new "VoxCommando0842 v1" with the XBMC-Edition "VoxCommandoXBMC 0_825 EN".
I'm not sure, what old files and/or folders are really needed.

Note for people, having the following error on start:

"Error accessing the default audio input device..."

To get it to work, it is important to use the "VoxCommando0833MM" version as a basis. (as James stated on Page 2.)

If you use "VoxCommando0821" or "VoxCommandoXBMC 0_825 EN" as a basis, it doesn't work.
When starting "VoxCommando.exe", you get the following error:

"Error acessing the default audio imput device..."

Maybe this is helpful somehow.

Ole

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »

I have tried to fix the code that detects old versions of command tree files.  Ole: please try the new version to see if it is fixed.

Yep, the issue seems to be resolved now. No more error messages. Well done :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 10:38:07 PM »
James, thanks for the new version !   :yay
I will try it.

Now i have to figure out, how to merge the new "VoxCommando0842 v1" with the XBMC-Edition "VoxCommandoXBMC 0_825 EN".
I'm not sure, what old files and/or folders are really needed.

Note for people, having the following error on start:

"Error accessing the default audio input device..."

To get it to work, it is important to use the "VoxCommando0833MM" version as a basis. (as James stated on Page 2.)

If you use "VoxCommando0821" or "VoxCommandoXBMC 0_825 EN" as a basis, it doesn't work.
When starting "VoxCommando.exe", you get the following error:

"Error acessing the default audio imput device..."

Maybe this is helpful somehow.
Hey Flux,

I have not found that to be the case here.  I just downloaded the "VoxCommandoXBMC 0_825 EN" file from the dummies post and unzipped to a fresh folder.  Then I extracted ALL the files from the new 0.842 zip into the same directory.  It runs fine.  Anyway, the only reason to get  the error "Error acessing the default audio imput device..." that I can think of, is from just that... an error accessing the audio device!  Please try again. ( I did not try with version 0821 since I am not exactly sure which post you mean... )

I plan to release new packages for mediaMonkey and XBMC tomorrow with the new version, but I also want to add some new commands, so I won't upload anything tonight.

FLuX0r

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 11:42:19 PM »
Hey Flux,

I have not found that to be the case here.  I just downloaded the "VoxCommandoXBMC 0_825 EN" file from the dummies post and unzipped to a fresh folder.  Then I extracted ALL the files from the new 0.842 zip into the same directory.  It runs fine.  Anyway, the only reason to get  the error "Error acessing the default audio imput device..." that I can think of, is from just that... an error accessing the audio device!  Please try again. ( I did not try with version 0821 since I am not exactly sure which post you mean... )
Hi James,

i did a test on two different systems with different intel-chipsets and different microphones (1x USB, 1x Mic-In) all on WIN7-x64 Home/Business Editions.

I did exactly what you've described to check it again.
I still get the same error if i do so, when i start VoxCommando:

If i klick "OK", the following "Unhandled Exception" is shown:

The details are as follows:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VoxCommando.Main.InitializeSpeechRecognitionEngine()
   at VoxCommando.Main.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i use the "VoxCommando0833MM" version as a basis for the new 0.842_v1, all is fine.    :bonk

Nice to hear, that you plan to release a new package for XBMC tomorrow with the new version !  So i will wait for that.

Greetings, FLuX0r.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:48:11 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
Please try the attached, unmodified, and let me know if it works.

I still need to go over the commands and make sure they all work, and maybe add some more, but I am concerned about the issue you are having because I don't know what it could be.

Attachments removed... there is a newer version
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:43:03 PM by jitterjames »

FLuX0r

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 02:49:11 PM »
Please try the attached, unmodified, and let me know if it works.

I still need to go over the commands and make sure they all work, and maybe add some more, but I am concerned about the issue you are having because I don't know what it could be.
The "VoxCommandoXBMC 0_842 EN" works fine for me.  :)

I haven't testet all phrases, but it basically works.
The new popup-information is nice, when you hover over a checkbox. I would like to see this for other options too.

Maybe you can give a short description to the new options here in the forum, like for example the "override default language"-option.

Greetings, FLuX0r.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »
OK.  I'm glad it works.  I still don't know why you were having problems.  I need more tooltips and more documentation.  This I know!  VoxCommando is a monster that always needs more feeding.

The language options on the option page, like the tooltip says, lets you use another language.  By default, windows requires you to use speech recognition in the same language that windows is using for displaying menus etc.  If you try to change the default speech language, without changing the windows display language, speech recognition will stop working.

By default VC will use whatever speech language you have set as the default in the Windows speech control panel.  On the options page, the "Override default language" dropdown will show only languages that you have installed on your system.  If you have windows ultimate, you can download more language packs from windows update, but only certain languages include speech recognition.  With other versions of windows this may still be possible but I have no first hand experience with it.

The idea is that you can run windows in any language that you want, and use Vox's speech recognition using another language.  This does not change the actual phrases, but it changes the way you are expected to pronounce words, and it also affects the dictionary used when you do payload dictation.  For many people the best solution will be to run windows in their native language, but to run VoxCommando in English.  This is because so much of our media, movies, music etc uses English titles.

Eventually, I also hope to provide a separate option where you can select the interface language used by controls in VC so that all your buttons etc can be displayed in your native tongue, regardless of what language windows is using, and regardless of what langage VC is using for speech.

FLuX0r

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »
Hi James,

thanks for the detailed description on the "override default language"-option.
It seems to be a very interesting option for people (like me), who do not have english as their windows language, but want to speak english in order to improve their speech recognition in VoxCommando with english phrases and english media.
It's very nice of you, that you address this issue. 8)

If you have windows ultimate, you can download more language packs from windows update, but only certain languages include speech recognition.  With other versions of windows this may still be possible but I have no first hand experience with it.
You are right, if you have Windows 7 Ultimate, the language packs are shown under "optional updates".
If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, they are missing in Windows updates under "optional updates". Maybe you can download them separately from the Microsoft Homepage.

Currently the builtin windows speech recognition is available in the following languages:
English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (Traditional).

Greetings, FLuX0r.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:45:14 PM by FLuX0r »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »

It seems to be a very interesting option for people (like me), who do not have english as their windows language, but want to speak english in order to improve their speech recognition in VoxCommando with english phrases and english media.
It's very nice of you, that you address this issue. 8)

I aim to please.  VC is all about customization, so being able to do things in your own language is all part of that (when possible).  Note that even if you run VC in English mode, you can still issue commands in your native tongue by choosing your phrases carefully.  In some cases it may help to spell the phrase phonetically.  Think how you would have to spell a word to get an American to pronounce it the way you do.

For example.

french:     phrase to use when running in english:
haute      oat
5            sank
droite      do what (I havent tried this but you get the idea)

It's not perfect but it may help.

abom

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »
Thanks for adding Genre's to the GenXML feature!

I had to tweak the command a little tho, its disabled by default and it points to xbmcArtists.xml instead of xbmcGenres.xml. Also the command send to XBMC uses Artist instead of Genre in the query. I made these changes manually and its working perfectly!

I noticed that 'Show OSD' is twice in the list for simple XBMC commands.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:19:12 PM by abom »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
Hi Abom,

Which command?  Which version?  You have to spoon-feed me information because I am having trouble keeping track of all the versions and conversations etc.
 :bonk

Part of the problem is that even if we know we are using a certain version of the voxcommando.exe we could be using any configuration defined by the voicecommands.xml.

If there is a problem with the latest package I put together for xbmc 0.844 english, I want to know before I post it on the main download page.  I actually think that Wanilton probably has the most up to date and comprehensive config xml for xbmc, so I think I need to look at what he has that I am missing, and translate it back to english!

thanks

Sirandar

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »
OK.  I am sure there are still bugs, but here it is.

Let the fun begin!  ;D

edit: fixed bug reported by wanilton
edit: fixed bug when saving the command bin when the \export folder doesn't exist

edit: uploaded 0842 v1 with a few fixes.

Woirks fine for me .....

The Vox single command now works
I can now have vox beep when it enters On mode without commands happening because of the beep

A haven't been able to get the MediaMonkey set shuffle and set autoDJ commands to work no matter what I put in the aurgument box (1, one, On, on)...

The genXML MM.all looks very promising.  I will experiment