Author Topic: Bleazle's issues  (Read 3063 times)

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Bleazle's issues
« on: May 20, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »
Hi James

I was keen to take V 1.9.5.0 for a test run but couldn't use it due to VC miss-understanding almost everything I said once I upgraded. I have had the same thing happen a few times before when upgrading, even with version 1, which results in me having to revert back to the working version (which is what I've had to do in this case too). I upgraded as per your video link, including deleting the dll files (even though I was already using the previous Alpha release). Any ideas why this happens?

Also, when VC fires up MediaMonkey starts automatically (incl. with V 1.9.5.0) is there any way that I can stop this happening? I have come up with a workaround but ideally I would like to be able to run VC without MM having to be running too.

Cheers

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:08:16 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Introducing Version 2 alpha (Download latest version here)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:38:02 PM »
I would need to see whatever you have got in terms of a configuration.  I have never had MediaMonkey start by itself on any computer or with any version of VoxCommando, ever, unless I use a launch action, or try to generate xml for MediaMonkey.

If you want to send me a backup of your configuration, I will take a look.

As for your problem with VC "misunderstanding" you after an upgrade, I don't know what to say.  You can always do a purge and restart to be sure there is nothing weird happening after an upgrade.  Other than that, I think you are having a special experience.  The core recognition technology has not changed, unless you use the SP version.

No, I have no idea why this is happening to you, because I don't know anything about your setup, but it is not normal behaviour as far as I know.

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »
I have never had MediaMonkey start by itself on any computer or with any version of VoxCommando, ever, unless I use a launch action...

That could be it! I'll fire up the HTPC and have a look....

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:59:27 PM »
...Other than that, I think you are having a special experience...
..it wouldn't be the first time!  :biglaugh

I took a look and couldn't find a "launch" action  :( I thought I might have created one and then forgotten about it.  I have ruled out  EventGhost because MM launches even if EG isn't running. Backup file is attached - feel free to point out any errors you find in my actions  ;D

I'll try another upgrade tonight and purge/restart etc and let you know what happens.

Cheers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:25:26 PM »
OK.  I did find a nasty bug in 1.9.5.0 which seems to happen when your display language is set to En-US and your speech language is set to En-GB. :bonk :bonk :bonk  It should be easy enough for me to fix, but I didn't notice it because I use En-US for both normally.  This caused VC to get stuff in a loop after closing the command editor.  Until I fix it I believe you can work around the problem by going into options and setting display language to a blank entry.  Thanks for helping me to discover this!

I don't have your problem with MM loading even when using your configuration.  I would need to see a log, or see your system when it is happening to try to figure it out.  It could be that an event is firing on your system that is not firing on my system.  I am not 100% convinced that it is not related to eventGhost or some other program either until I see it for myself.  I would be happy to set up a screen share with you at some point if you like.

Some of your songs should have their tags cleaned up.  They contain track numbers, artist name, and song title all together under the song title field.  It did not look like too too many songs were like this so fixing it should not be too time consuming.

It is a good idea to move the command "Play song {1}" into a group by itself to speed up loading and avoid possible issues with overly large groups.

I think you are using "hey bob" for your prefix and also for some command phrases.  I'm not 100% sure how well this will work.  It might be OK or it might cause problems.  The engine is probably OK with it as long as it works for you conceptually.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 11:31:44 PM »
You do have a launch MediaMOnkey command, but it looks like it is only triggered by a voice command so I don't see why it would do anything when you start VC.

You have a couple of vbscripts in your MM directory that are being launched by events.  What do these scripts do?

Bleazle

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 04:40:00 AM »
Hi James

Thanks for the informative reply. I have installed VC 1.9.5.0, purged, restarted, set the display language to a blank entry (after I came across the same bug you mentioned) and am happy to say that recognition levels are what I have come to expect from VC :)

Re:MM firing up - Thanks for the offer to take a look at my system but I have found the culprit! If MediaMonkey Remote Server (required to run MediaMonkey Remote on Android) is running when VC loads for some reason it launches MM (even though I have it set to "do nothing" if MM isn't running), it only happens when the MM plugin is enabled in VC though so something is going on there...

I also noticed that I had a mistake in my Actions Tree - I had "Who sings this song" triggering get "Artist" plus get "Album" info (which explains why I wasn't getting a reply sometimes!)

The VBS files you asked about are mostly defunct now, I've only left them there in case I want to refer to them in the future.

I'm off to tidy up my song titles now...

Dave