Author Topic: Problem with firewall  (Read 1960 times)

crawfofd

• View Profile
Problem with firewall
« on: July 14, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
I am having a problem where I have to disable my public firewall to use voxwav pro.  I know its something simple that I'm doing wrong. I thought I checked everything.  Any one have any suggestions?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with firewall
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »
I am having a problem where I have to disable my public firewall to use voxwav pro.  I know its something simple that I'm doing wrong. I thought I checked everything.  Any one have any suggestions?
We need a bit more information: did you have problems to connect VoxWav to VC machine? Is your VC machine in VoxWav hosts visible?  ;)

To disable your windows 7 firewall - click on windows start button and type "firewall", then you get a choice with firewall things
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »
If your machine running VoxCommando is connected to your home network, that should be a private network, not a public one.  You should check your windows network settings and mark the network as private (also known as work or home network).

When you first run VoxCommando you are normally asked to create a firewall exception for it.  You need to create an exception according to what kind of network you are using. Normally this should be private and an exception is all you need, you don't need to disable your firewall completely.

You choices now are to create an exception manually for VoxCommando, or to move VoxCommando to a new folder and run it again.  When you do this you should be prompted to create an exception.  Make sure you create an exception for the correct type of network or just check both private and public to be sure.

crawfofd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
I really feel stupid because that is what it was. The network was marked as public. I dont know how that happen because when I set it up I always use home.  Like I thought it was a simple error.  Thanks jitterjames for your speedy response.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 08:23:47 AM »
It happens to all of us!

Well it happens to me anyway, too often  ;)